Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model 3 LR last night! I have been driving typical Acura, Lexus, and Audi cars and suvs for years. The lease was coming to an end on my Audi and I just was not excited about anything out there, and dealer inventories are low, so they aren't willing to negotiate on the bloated garbage they sell. Looked at Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, etc. Nothing excited me, it all felt the same, overpriced and high maintenance. Honestly the Tesla wasn't even on my radar. I just didn't think I was ready for electric. Then I rode to lunch in a client's Model 3 last week and thought "hmmmm.....this is somehow not what I expected". I test drove one Saturday morning and I didn't want to return it to the showroom, Finally, something to get excited about! Took me a few days to research colors and wheels, etc., so my stats are order placed: 7/5 currently showing 7-11 weeks for delivery.

I am starting to grow pretty angry at this system.

Order: Model 3 SR white with only a rim upgrade black interior

I ordered on April 24 and it says 9 - 13 weeks now. My advisor is not helpful at all and no one at tesla has an answer what do i do
You could try calling the delivery center it will be coming to. they sometimes have answers and at least respond when I contact them.

You might say that, but I built on 20+ accessories in like two days after delivery. You'll be excited to finish up and personalize the car, plus you shouldn't really be driving too much or too hard in the first two months as your exterior paint needs to cure.

The most difficult thing to install for me was the IKON PP front lip kit, everything else was easy. Unless you are upgrading major parts like springs, etc that need to be done at a shop?
I pretty much own a shop. Whether the paint has time to cure or not, anything painted at a factory in the US doesn’t have the same hardness of a European car due to our strict emissions. I expect it to take the better part of a day to apply PPF starting the day after delivery. After that, it’ll never look stock again — and I’m looking forward to that.

Reactions: Rattletrap
I pretty much own a shop. Whether the paint has time to cure or not, anything painted at a factory in the US doesn’t have the same hardness of a European car due to our strict emissions. I expect it to take the better part of a day to apply PPF starting the day after delivery. After that, it’ll never look stock again — and I’m looking forward to that.
Agree on the soft paint that we're stuck with. I've been checking the rockers every day since delivery looking for that first chip... 200 miles and it hasn't happened yet.
PPF is definitely the way to go if you have friends or ownership in a shop. My local shop does great work at relatively low prices but I just can't justify the expense on a $47k car. I expect to be trading up this long range for a top trim S or X in a few years and I'll get the full XPEL wrap with ceramic coating on it.

Agree on the soft paint that we're stuck with. I've been checking the rockers every day since delivery looking for that first chip... 200 miles and it hasn't happened yet.
PPF is definitely the way to go if you have friends or ownership in a shop. My local shop does great work at relatively low prices but I just can't justify the expense on a $47k car. I expect to be trading up this long range for a top trim S or X in a few years and I'll get the full XPEL wrap with ceramic coating on it.
I totally agree with you. My plan is to self-install PPF on the hood and fenders since they’re large and relatively flat. When I go for tint, I’ll have them complete the bumper, headlights, and side mirrors. Once that’s done then I’ll take my time to ceramic coat it over a few days

I can’t get down with installing PPF on the entire car. But like you, I am a little concerned about the rockers. So I picked up a pair of side skirts to address that concern. To help out the rear quarter panels, I went with some mud guards.

I can’t stop everything but that should address most of problem areas while also adding a little style.

Reactions: Rattletrap