Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys so funny news, I checked my EDD this morning and it was 8/5-8/18 (8/4-8/18 yesterday) and went about my day with no VIN still. I then hop on to check it again (like everyone does because they're anxious) and it wouldn't load. I checked it on my phone and I cleared cache and it still didn't work. I was surprised because this has never happened to me before. I kept clicking "manage" to go to my order page but it would always just refresh to dashboard. I then went home and re-checked it again on a computer and it actually went through but the EDD is showing 8/6-8/18. So that means it updated 2 times in one day for me which is very surprising since those who don't have a VIN, it only updates like early early morning. Any thoughts?
I would guess that you will receive a VIN this week if not early next week.

Reactions: richieyim
Hey guys so funny news, I checked my EDD this morning and it was 8/5-8/18 (8/4-8/18 yesterday) and went about my day with no VIN still. I then hop on to check it again (like everyone does because they're anxious) and it wouldn't load. I checked it on my phone and I cleared cache and it still didn't work. I was surprised because this has never happened to me before. I kept clicking "manage" to go to my order page but it would always just refresh to dashboard. I then went home and re-checked it again on a computer and it actually went through but the EDD is showing 8/6-8/18. So that means it updated 2 times in one day for me which is very surprising since those who don't have a VIN, it only updates like early early morning. Any thoughts?
Same happened for a bunch of people (if not everyone). Check some of the earlier posts today

Reactions: richieyim
Until about 1:30 pm EST, I had a blank EDD. I just refreshed and got smacked with this:
View attachment 691586
Anyone else get their blank EDD back? This is the LONGEST EDD I have ever seen on my account. Another day of upsetting news from Tesla..

Also kinda find it weird that the EDD updated middle of the day.
Just got mine back. Moved to the right and window got wider. Now Aug 21-Sep 10.

I placed an order the other day for kicks. Will only go thru with the order if my trade in value for 2018 Model 3 holds. Anyone know if I need to actually complete the trade in section for my spot to be held in the queue? Doesn’t make sense to me since I’ll be putting on miles from now until November.

I placed an order the other day for kicks. Will only go thru with the order if my trade in value for 2018 Model 3 holds. Anyone know if I need to actually complete the trade in section for my spot to be held in the queue? Doesn’t make sense to me since I’ll be putting on miles from now until November.
I don't think you'll lose your spot by not completing that section. Some people have said that they've been told that orders with everything complete take priority. Or that they thought things started going quicker once they completed everything in their account. So maybe you'd get the car a little faster. But it probably wouldn't come before your trade in offer expires. Granted, I don't actually know anything. Just repeating what I've read on these forums.