Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Tesla agent told me they can’t pull the CPU info from the VIN or window sticker but they can pull the 12v battery info.
I have a VIN 151xxx built on 1/8.
He said they have no idea on the CPU but shows it has the new 12 Li battery.
He also said most likely if the car has the new battery, it will have the new CPU.
I’ll confirm 1/22.
This gives me a little hope!

Reactions: Rocketjrb
I *almost* want to get a peek behind the curtains at the production/inventory/delivery software Tesla is running more than I want my M3. There’s definitely a method to the madness and some subtle patterns out there, but I would love to know how they decide on production serials and how big they are. Our MY was super smooth from start to finish, but that was a mid-quarter purchase. They are clearly prioritizing the farther reaches of their orders first, but have to wonder if the Giga Berlin delays coupled with Austin coming on line aren’t tweaking out the order sorting and matching algos…these order windows are behaving exactly like a BI brain that isn’t *quite* sure that it knows what it’s saying.

A Tesla agent told me they can’t pull the CPU info from the VIN or window sticker but they can pull the 12v battery info.
I have a VIN 151xxx built on 1/8.
He said they have no idea on the CPU but shows it has the new 12 Li battery.
He also said most likely if the car has the new battery, it will have the new CPU.
I’ll confirm 1/22.
So it seems like vin #'s after 153xxx (which is mine) (152 onwards) are the newer ones as my car was also built on 01/08, but i was told old cpu and no LI battery for mine..I'll be pissed if i see the car on tesla's site for sale and it has the new CPU...Which would mean 4 agents total wll have lied to me stating I have old CPU...

Hello, first post here. I hope I get my jargon right (haha0
Order Date 12/30/2021
EDD 1: Feb 17-Mar 17
EDD 2: Jan 28-Feb 25
I loved that but this morning, it went to
EDD 3: Feb 18-Mar 18

Black/White/19" tires/FSD
hoping it's Feb and not Mar, would love it if built in Texas but I'm sure there's no chance in the world. Just wanted to join the crowd and maybe get an idea of the wait/delivery times others are experiencing. I'm so new to this Tesla ordering thing, I don't even know an SA's phone number.

Hello!

Reactions: Crany and hlin07
Order Date 12/30/2021

hoping it's Feb and not Mar, would love it if built in Texas but I'm sure there's no chance in the world. Just wanted to join the crowd and maybe get an idea of the wait/delivery times others are experiencing. I'm so new to this Tesla ordering thing, I don't even know an SA's phone number.

Hello!
Welcome, and don't feel bad. I'm on my 4th Tesla, and I have never spoke to anyone from delivery team. You'll learn more on this forum than what the SAs are sharing.

Order Date 12/30/2021

Hello!
Welcome to the forum. I assume you are picking up in Austin, TX, so you could try to find your SA via calling this number:

1641954733505.png

(moderator note)

While discussion of whether the cars have a particular upgrade or other is on topic of a waiting room thread...
I would invite people wanting to have that particular discussion to have it in the thread for model year 2022 changes:

It's pretty interesting that the Performance and Standard Range waiting rooms have also devolved into "Ryzen" waiting rooms. No one was ever this excited about the heat pump, the 4680, or even radar.

Hopefully someone at Tesla is realizing that people might not want any more video games but they sure want a faster processor.

It's pretty interesting that the Performance and Standard Range waiting rooms have also devolved into "Ryzen" waiting rooms. No one was ever this excited about the heat pump, the 4680, or even radar.

Hopefully someone at Tesla is realizing that people might not want any more video games but they sure want a faster processor.
If only they had one of those departments specifically designed for gauging consumer sentiment and handling customer and media interactions…

Any idea what one might call such an outfit??

(moderator note)

Thanks for the heads up. I will paste my same reply here into those threads.

Ah, I see you’ve reached the acceptance stage. Bravo. I’ve made it through Bargaining (“if I take off hold now, maybe it’ll be delivered sooner!”) and nearly through Depression (“…another pushed EDD…”). Didn’t check the app immediately after work, so I’m getting close to Acceptance myself.
I'm getting there too. It's too stressful and time consuming. I will leave my phone off silence mode though. Reading about that one person who missed the call and got bumped again scared me a little. Loving your 3 stages of delivery states 😂

Reactions: FelixORiley
Theres quite a difference between a car thats 13 years old and a phone. The car will still get you from A to B, which is the main feature of buying one lol. Having the latest chip will help your car from being deprecated in software updates for a longer time than keeping the same chip thats been in the cars for the past several years.
I am hoping I am not the only one on here who actually cares about the environmental impact of consumerism and intends to keep their car for over 3 years 😔

Good news! I literally checked my account about an hour ago and no updates. About 7 seconds after I logged out, received a Text MSG saying my VIN had been assigned. Delivery date changed slightly from 1/18-1/31 to 1/20 to 1/26. Pretty pumped, not going to lie! We have been down to a single car for a bit so this will be nice. White/White, 19", M3 LR w/ no FSD. OOD - 12/18
Congrats!!!! That just gave me so much hope it is indeed possible to one day get my car!

Had a similar change myself. LR/White/Black/Aero 18/No FSD. Initial order date 10/24/21. Showing delivery as 2/18 - 3/18. Pickup location would be Devon PA

I probably should have held off on applying for a loan until after I got my VIN in hindsight. My CU says the draft is good for 90 days so hopefully it'll be fine.
If you don't put in your financial tasks, you're not really in line. I ordered mine on 8/30, put in financial info on 11/29, which I believe is the actual date the real wait started. Still waiting that is.

How can you complete your financial task if you're doing a 3rd party lender which is only good for 30 days when deliveries generally take longer?
That’s the frustrating part. I received a text about 2 weeks ago from Tesla that they were preparing for my upcoming delivery (my EDD was Jan 10th-24th) with explanations on touch-less delivery and also asked if I had any changes to make. So I changed from cash to 3rd party loan, got pre-approved so everything was setup because I thought things were moving and close. Then yesterday my EDD changed to Feb 18th-March 18th.