Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are in deed smoking some high quality stuff my friend, they offered me 36k for my 2021 M3 SR+ when Vroom offered 47k. They must have boat load of Teslas in inventory, they're basically telling us, we don't need your car now, or sell it to me at a huge discount.
I think that's how it works; i.e., it will depend on their own inventory. I constantly checked my car's value (a VW Golf) over the last 3 months and it went up to $19K at some point and is now down to $16K. Vroom is closer to $17K but I read that Vroom can lower your price once they get the car (you will be paid later) whereas Carvana pays you instantly as they pick up the car. So I will most likely either sell privately (my company has a bulletin board for car sales) or to Carvana when the time comes.

2022 MYP. For those who asked for the post. This was a Jan 1st delivery; Tesla insists it was 12/31 😂. Intel chip. Loving every minute of it.

Attachments

• A8AF4962-40B4-420F-A934-015231D32F80.jpeg
    A8AF4962-40B4-420F-A934-015231D32F80.jpeg
    496.8 KB · Views: 75
Can you send the link to the other tracker?
This is the one I was looking at. It is stickied on the forum somewhere

This is the one I was looking at. It is stickied on the forum somewhere

Thank you

Elon just confirmed..... My M3LR does NOT include the upgraded battery or Ryzen chipset.

Gonna think about it for 24h, but I'm leaning toward cancelling and re-ordering. The price has not changed since my OD on Thanksgiving, and $250 is worth it (to me) for the upgraded battery and chipset.

So my SA confirmed they can release the VIN and place a hold as far out as 2/25. I think they meant 2/23 since my OD was 11/25 and it's supposed to be 90 days, not 3 months.

Gonna sleep on it and let 'em know in the morning. I have -never- been in a rush and was always happy with the original February advertised delivery date for specific reasons related to my 2021 retirement and early 2022 cash flow. Waiting an additional 4-6 weeks is not a deal breaker for me, and if it gives me a chance to accept delivery on a nearly $60K car that avoids immediate buyers' remorse, I'm okay with that too. :)

I wanted to drop this information here so that people know they might be able to get more information about their orders out of their service advisors:

Quick context: I ordered my 2022 M3 LR AWD White Ext, Black Int, 18" Wheels on 12/04/21. I do not have a VIN or anything like that.

I initially had a January 6th - February 12th EDD and then around a week ago got pushed to a February 7th - March 7th EDD.
A friend of mine wants to buy my current car (the one that my Tesla will be replacing) and made an offer on it yesterday. I don't want to sell my car if my Tesla is going to take a month or two to get here so I decided, "What the heck. Let me give my local service center a call and speak with an advisor. I know everyone on the forums says advisors don't know much that we don't, but it won't hurt to try."

I called, and to my surprise, the advisor I spoke to told me that he was able to see my car is scheduled to be built on January 31st, and the current arrival of the car at the service center is February 12th. He said to expect a VIN in the next couple of weeks. I was so happy that he was able to give me this info, especially since I don't have a VIN yet. I told him about people on the forums saying that their advisors didn't have any info to give and he said that certain advisors are more helpful than others, lol.

Just wanted to throw this info out there so that people who maybe would like to know this info, at least it was available for me, and I don't even have a VIN.

Everyone keeps referring to "My SA", but do you really have a person you are dealing with, or just calling Tesla and getting whoever answers the phone? I definitely DO NOT have an SA. In fact, when I was in the showroom/store in the mall, I asked the person who helped me if I should deal with him going forward and how to make sure he got credit and he said, we don't work that way, so don't worry about it....

This was a Jan 1st delivery; Tesla insists it was 12/31 😂.

You may want to clear that discrepancy up. If the congress does end up passing more EV tax credits this year there is a good chance that Jan 1 will qualify but Dec 31 won't. That could cost you from $8k-$12k depending on the makeup of the credits (should they pass any). Hopefully the paperwork you signed has the correct date?

Reactions: hlin07
I wanted to drop this information here so that people know they might be able to get more information about their orders out of their service advisors:

Quick context: I ordered my 2022 M3 LR AWD White Ext, Black Int, 18" Wheels on 12/04/21. I do not have a VIN or anything like that.

I initially had a January 6th - February 12th EDD and then around a week ago got pushed to a February 7th - March 7th EDD.
A friend of mine wants to buy my current car (the one that my Tesla will be replacing) and made an offer on it yesterday. I don't want to sell my car if my Tesla is going to take a month or two to get here so I decided, "What the heck. Let me give my local service center a call and speak with an advisor. I know everyone on the forums says advisors don't know much that we don't, but it won't hurt to try."

I called, and to my surprise, the advisor I spoke to told me that he was able to see my car is scheduled to be built on January 31st, and the current arrival of the car at the service center is February 12th. He said to expect a VIN in the next couple of weeks. I was so happy that he was able to give me this info, especially since I don't have a VIN yet. I told him about people on the forums saying that their advisors didn't have any info to give and he said that certain advisors are more helpful than others, lol.

Just wanted to throw this info out there so that people who maybe would like to know this info, at least it was available for me, and I don't even have a VIN.
Good for you! That’s great. I just called my delivery location and the guy was the worst yet. My first grader could have done more.

Carvana is certainly smoking something. They offered me $18.5k for my 11 year old short-range 2012 RAV4 EV... 30%+ more than everyone else. I've been watching their website and I haven't ever seen them sell one of those for anywhere near the amount they bought it from me. Needless to say I scheduled the pickup for as fast as they could get out to me!

Reactions: hlin07
EDD of January 18th - February 1st... hasn't changed from earlier this month. No sign of a VIN yet. Original order date of late October. Received initial VIN early December. Put on hold til January 1st. Hold came-off automatically just before New Years. New EDD shortly thereafter and hasn't changed since. In the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia so will be taking delivery in Rockville... when the time comes :)

M3LR, Blue/White, 18" Aeros, No FSD.
Quite the difference 24 hours makes... received my VIN earlier today... 1563**. EDD fine-tuned to January 24th-30th. Don't know if it has the Ryzen/Li-ion combo or not (my luck, probably not), but at this point I don't really give a ****. I'm just gonna drive my (wife's) car when it gets here and love every second that she let's me behind the wheel LOL! Coming out of the hills of West Virginia on I-70 and down I-270 to pick-up in Rockville, MD. Can't wait :cool:

Where do we find insiders? I’m wondering if the Tesla factory in Fremont is also impacted by the rise of COVID cases. Here in the LA area, a ton of employees have to stay home for a week or so. As automated as the Tesla factory is, I wouldn’t be surprised that an increase of COVID cases could make delivery estimates harder to determine and would maybe explain the delayed or big windows that we’re given. I’m staying positive but still impatient.

Reactions: helloresolven