Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my trade in text a moment ago........

OD 1/2....
Original......Feb-March.
Update 1/6.......Jan 24th-Feb 14th.....
Update 1/8......Feb 4th-March 4th.......
Update 1/13.....January 27th-Feb 8th
Update 1/14......Text received for trade.
I’m getting close as well. My EDD is 13 Feb - 13 Mar. I was wondering if you are able to see your vin using the page source method now?

Hi , I assume you are referring to submitting your information that will get submitted for credit approval? If so where is the source for this you mention? With volatile EDD it is a risk that you will bounce outside finance approval window.
I would be cautious with this. I spoke with an SA after I applied for Financing on the Tesla site. Like most of us, I didn't realize I could simply choose the "Cash" option and then change back to either Tesla Financing or use my own bank at a later date.

The response from the SA was, Tesla wants to see that you have selected a financing option (Cash/Lease/Finance) in order to put you in the queue. You can change your selection (Cash/Finance) at any time.

In other words, he made it sound that in order for you to actually be placed in queue, you'd want to have selected something.

In all honesty, this may be a bit dramatic of a representation but the way I was commended for at least choosing an option, led me to believe it was somewhat real.

Cincinnati, LR, 18-inch Aero, white ext., black int., no FSD
Paying cash, no trade-in

Order date Nov 9, initial EDD Dec 12 - Dec 31

First movement today (Dec 9): EDD now Jan 16 - Feb 13. No VIN.
That works for me, since I'm still hoping for some Federal tax credit.

Dec 10: EDD changed to Dec 24 - Dec 31.
Dec 12: My Tesla account now has a VIN and a Vision Agreement button (which I did not click).
I contacted Tesla via the Web site chat and told the agent I want to put off delivery for 30 days, just in case Congress does pass some EV tax credits. She said she would have my advisor contact me to go over my options. I also emailed the advisor directly to tell her the same thing.
BTW, the chat agent mentioned that my EDD is not Dec 25 - Dec 29.

Dec 17: I tried twice via the Web chat to have my order put on hold, but my advisor never got back to me, so yesterday I called 888-51-TESLA and after only a few minutes' hold, talked to a live person. That agent went ahead and made the change for me, and my order is now on hold until January, and my VIN is released. (So if you get car number 5YJ3E1EB9NF130074, you're welcome!)
BTW, the agent also said that my advisor left me a voicemail, but I never got that, nor any other notification or acknowledgement.

Jan 2: The hold automatically released yesterday, and today it says the EDD is March 8 to March 31. I got no text, email, or any other notification.

Jan 7: EDD range updated to January 27-February 24. Of course, I got no notification.
Jan 14th: EDD changed to Feb 1 to Feb 15. Again, no notification other than the change in the app.
Test drove a VW ID.4 the other day and really liked it. Put in a reservation with expected delivery probably 3rd quarter of this year. If we'd been able to buy it right away, we would have cancelled this Tesla order. As it is, we'll probably get the Model 3, and then if the UI is as bad as I've been reading, trade it in when the VW gets here.

I also drove the ID.4. Really liked it, but it didn't have the punch of the M3.. but more than adequate. Did you spend a lot of time with the VW infotainment? if you are concerned about the Tesla, the ID.4 UI is getting hammered in reviews... full disclosure - I have a Golf on order that uses the same UI as the ID.4 and don't care. I'm sure I can learn it.

got a trade in text today from Tesla. does this indicate anything regarding how soon I'll get a vin, or is this a standard message that goes out a week before EDD? my EDD is currently 1/27 - 2/8.

M3LR White/Black 18" on LI if anyone cares.
From what I understand its a mixed bag, many have reported getting a VIN within a couple of weeks but I heard others saying it didn't matter. I have the exact same time frame as you and also got that text today. We also have near identical builds with the exception of seat color. We are also in the same region............