Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! How long does it take for the EDD to update do you guys think? Currently its say February 16th-March 16th. Kinda tired looking at it every 5 minutes lol. But I am thinking it may either update next week or the week after. Ordered on January 19th.

hey boss,

i ordered a m3p/pup/fsd black/black on your same exact day of 1/19. showing a march delivery on the main page. the next day i got 2-20 to 3-20 as the range and its not moved since.

i mentioned you because you have black interior and that is not as common as the other one so i think when that trim begins to assemble, you and i, and others with that interior , may see similar movement. i have a 3/2020 m3p/pup/fsd already (that im selling) and i recall those of us with similar interiors were getting movements on either date ranges or getting vins around each other. all speculation and anecdotal so ymmv, but just wanted to share.

hey boss,

i ordered a m3p/pup/fsd black/black on your same exact day of 1/19. showing a march delivery on the main page. the next day i got 2-20 to 3-20 as the range and its not moved since.

i mentioned you because you have black interior and that is not as common as the other one so i think when that trim begins to assemble, you and i, and others with that interior , may see similar movement. i have a 3/2020 m3p/pup/fsd already (that im selling) and i recall those of us with similar interiors were getting movements on either date ranges or getting vins around each other. all speculation and anecdotal so ymmv, but just wanted to share.
Gotcha, thanks! I just see alot of people in this forum getting updates and I am just sitting here like umm wonder when mine is coming haha.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
wow! that's soon!...wish i had ordered a week earlier (i got nervous "pulling the trigger")
Your EDD will change, and so will the vast majority of people who ordered around the time you did. After I first ordered on 12/8, my EDD got moved to 12/21-12/31 and I was OVER THE MOON happy! Then it bumped, and bumped, and bumped, and bumped... Hoping to get a VIN within the next month. Be patient. I'm on my 6th EDD, and expecting my 7th to show up on Saturday. If you plan for about 2.5-3 months after your OD, you probably have a realistic time frame, and if it happens to come sooner, you're on of the few magical unicorns of the Tesla model 3 LR waiting room, and you can do a happy dance and we will cheer you on. :)

As I've stated before, I'm in the great white north and want to delay my M3LR to after the snow is gone (ie sometime into March would be ok I think).
I was just about to look into putting a hold on my order, and the date changed again.

M3LR/White/Black/Aero/NO FSD - Toronto Canada
OD 12/7
Original EDD February
Dec 15-16: EDD Jan 26- Feb 23
Dec 17-Jan 9: EDD Jan 14- Feb 11
Jan 10-14: EDD Apr 3- May 1
Jan 15-20: EDD Feb 7-Mar 7
Jan 21-26: EDD Feb 8-Feb 22
Jan 27: EDD Feb 10-Mar 8

Guess I'll keep waiting to put it on hold.
Using the Delivery Date Tracker, every EDD range has been 28 days (from earliest to latest) until the most recent one which was 14 days. New one is 26 days.
Just when you think there is a pattern....
Feb 10 is 14 days from today. I think that's another 'guestimate' by their system.
Who knows, maybe they'll try to give you a Valentine's day gift?
I placed my M3LR order on Jan 17 and my EDD changed from April 3- May 1 to March 16- March 31.

I live in Ontario, Canada.

My question is (trying to plan for accessories prior to deliver) does Tesla still provide their all weather protection kit for free for Canadian provinces. I came across an article that says they include mud flaps. Anyone know if this is true for 2022 M3's
The SA I've been emailing said it comes with all season tires, carpet floor mats, and front mud flaps.
When I test drove back in December, the SA at the Oakville-Toronto store said that mud flaps and PPF over rocker panel comes with the car so yes, should be there when we get our cars.
Are the mud flaps the short ones or the long ones(that touch the road as you exit a driveway) that are better than the Amazon mud flaps?

IMG-8926.jpg
IMG-8929.jpg

Any idea how close to delivery date the VIN is typically assigned? My current EDD is 2/7-2/21, trying to guess if I am going to be on the sooner or later end of that. My OD was 11/13/21....so as you can imagine, I am very ready to pick up this car.
I think this depends on location, for east coast orders it can be 2 weeks since it takes a while to ship from California. But Cali orders I’ve seen as little as a couple days. Assuming this is why most west coast edds still have late Jan windows while most east coast are early Feb