Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well folks, "Christmas Eve" for us Mountaineers has moved-up by two days thanks to Mother Nature. The Rockville, MD Service Center called earlier today to say our M3LR had just arrived on the big truck from the West Coast, and encouraged us to come get it ahead of our possible Mid-Atlantic snowstorm on Friday and Saturday (our delivery had been set for Saturday at 3:00pm). Fine by me because Saturday's weather -- behind any precip -- is looking like temps in the 20's and windchills in the single digits... not ideal for a thorough inspection. So tomorrow at 2:00pm it is! My good friend and Tesla owner/guru who lives minutes from the Rockville Center has already scoped-out our baby in their staging lot and shot me a few pics (I'll post an "official" one or two tomorrow). Says everything looks fairly good from a quick visual inspection of the exterior (some of the car is still wrapped/taped from the cross-country journey).

VIN 1563XX with a confirmed build date (according to the shipment sticker) of 1/13/22. 99.999999% certain that it has the Intel Atom and the lead-acid 12v on-board and I'm OK with that. Actually, I'm giddy as hell at the moment :)

Fingers crossed and cautiously optimistic that all goes-off without a hitch tomorrow. The Mrs. is excited... and that's always a positive ;-)

Wish us well!
So you think you had a bad Tesla day with your EDD getting moved for the upteenth time? Try this disappointment on for size...

M3LR delivery in Rockville, MD got moved-up yesterday from Saturday at 3:00pm to 2:00pm today because of the impending Mid-Atlantic storm. Little-to-no sleep last night, up at 0Dark30 getting my paperwork in order, formatting new USB drive for TeslaCam/BoomBox/Music, reviewing delivery checklist, etc. In to the "day job" early in anticipation of leaving at noon, meeting the family at the house, and then heading-out on the 1.5 hour drive outta the West Virginia hills and east on I-70/270 to the sprawling metropolis of Rockville.

At 10:00am my cell phone rings while I'm at work. "Tesla - Rockville, MD" on the caller ID. Schweet! Calling to confirm for 2:00pm... just hours away now!

Tesla -- "Good morning Mr. Rohn, this is XXXXXX from Tesla in Rockville, MD. I know you're in West Virginia. Have you left yet to make the drive here?"

Me -- No. Still at work but leaving around noon, and my wife, daughter and I should be there about 1:45pm. Excited about our new car!

Tesla -- "Well sir, glad we caught you before you left home. Your Model 3 is here, detailed and ready to go, but unfortunately, we received a bulletin overnight from our team in California indicating a new firmware update needs to be made to all Model 3's awaiting delivery in the U.S. and Canada prior to customers receiving their vehicles. We're awaiting details and instructions from our team but it's still very early on the West Coast. However, we need to put all of our Model 3 deliveries on-hold for at least today and possibly tomorrow until we can make the necessary updates. Saturday and Sunday should hopefully be good depending on the weather, so they're possibilities, but I'll need to reach back out to you with a definitive reschedule time once we get everything resolved with your firmware update. I'm very sorry about the inconvenience but wanted to get to you quickly knowing the distance you are from our Center."

Me -- OK (sad face that she obviously can't see). Well thanks for letting me know and keep me updated. I'll wait to hear back and hopefully it works-out that we can get down to you sometime over the weekend. Thanks. click... (followed by 15 minutes of boo-hoo and expletive-filled rants)

Still haven't received a call or text back with a definitive reschedule day/time for this weekend, but noticed my phone app updated mid-afternoon to reflect back to our original delivery date of Saturday at 3:00pm. If I don't hear from them by mid-afternoon tomorrow (Friday), I'll try to call or text and see if the Saturday 1/29 3:00pm day/time in the app is a "go" or not. Saturday's high temps after the storm look to be in the low 20's with 30-40mph wind gusts, so that thorough exterior inspection I had planned should be a real joy LOL! What a kick in the sack. Now I know exactly how Charlie Brown feels every time Lucy yanks that damn football away ;-)

Curious to know if this -- or something similar -- happened to anyone else on the forum scheduled to take delivery today?

Last edited:
Well, my day finally came! We picked up our Model 3 LR last night! To anybody that is stuck in the constant cycle of checking and refreshing the app I say this, it’s worth the wait! I can also confirm that mine came with 12v Lithium Ion and the Ryzen processor.

Attachments

• 99EBE8DC-44D7-4BC4-B82F-95AA2E3FC3C5.jpeg
    99EBE8DC-44D7-4BC4-B82F-95AA2E3FC3C5.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 80
Today is 100 days since I ordered my M3LR. I’m still 2 1/2 weeks away from the start of my latest EDD of 2/16-3/16.

My order is for a blue/black no FSD 18’ wheels. As I walked through the City today I saw dozens of Teslas, but not one blue one!

Has anyone else from the NYC area ordered blue? If so, how long have you been waiting?

Reactions: Nyshocka
So you think you had a bad Tesla day with your EDD getting moved for the upteenth time? Try this disappointment on for size...

M3LR delivery in Rockville, MD got moved-up yesterday from Saturday at 3:00pm to 2:00pm today because of the impending Mid-Atlantic storm. Little-to-no sleep last night, up at 0Dark30 getting my paperwork in order, formatting new USB drive for TeslaCam/BoomBox/Music, reviewing delivery checklist, etc. In to the "day job" early in anticipation of leaving at noon, meeting the family at the house, and then heading-out on the 1.5 hour drive outta the West Virginia hills and east on I-70/270 to the sprawling metropolis of Rockville.

At 10:00am my cell phone rings while I'm at work. "Tesla - Rockville, MD" on the caller ID. Schweet! Calling to confirm for 2:00pm... just hours away now!

Tesla -- "Good morning Mr. Rohn, this is XXXXXX from Tesla in Rockville, MD. I know you're in West Virginia. Have you left yet to make the drive here?"

Me -- No. Still at work but leaving around noon, and my wife, daughter and I should be there about 1:45pm. Excited about our new car!

Tesla -- "Well sir, glad we caught you before you left home. Your Model 3 is here, detailed and ready to go, but unfortunately, we received a bulletin overnight from our team in California indicating a new firmware update needs to be made to all Model 3's awaiting delivery in the U.S. and Canada prior to customers receiving their vehicles. We're awaiting details and instructions from our team but it's still very early on the West Coast. However, we need to put all of our Model 3 deliveries on-hold for at least today and possibly tomorrow until we can make the necessary updates. Saturday and Sunday should hopefully be good depending on the weather, so they're possibilities, but I'll need to reach back out to you with a definitive reschedule time once we get everything resolved with your firmware update. I'm very sorry about the inconvenience but wanted to get to you quickly knowing the distance you are from our Center."

Me -- OK (sad face that she obviously can't see). Well thanks for letting me know and keep me updated. I'll wait to hear back and hopefully it works-out that we can get down to you sometime over the weekend. Thanks. click... (followed by 15 minutes of boo-hoo and expletive-filled rants)

Still haven't received a call or text back with a definitive reschedule day/time for this weekend, but noticed my phone app updated mid-afternoon to reflect back to our original delivery date of Saturday at 3:00pm. If I don't hear from them by mid-afternoon tomorrow (Friday), I'll try to call or text and see if the Saturday 1/29 3:00pm day/time in the app is a "go" or not. Saturday's high temps after the storm look to be in the low 20's with 30-40mph wind gusts, so that thorough exterior inspection I had planned should be a real joy LOL! What a kick in the sack. Now I know exactly how Charlie Brown feels every time Lucy yanks that damn football away ;-)

Curious to know if this -- or something similar -- happened to anyone else on the forum scheduled to take delivery today?
That's quite the epic story. I also just had my dekker date moved to Sunday from tomorrow. Was told it is storm related though. One of our SAs is telling the truth, but given the story you were told it sounds like more is going on here than they are telling us

Reactions: M3Mountaineer
That's quite the epic story. I also just had my dekker date moved to Sunday from tomorrow. Was told it is storm related though. One of our SAs is telling the truth, but given the story you were told it sounds like more is going on here than they are telling us
Yes me too, was supposed to pick up today, was called a couple of days ago and told new delivery date Sunday due to winter storm. I suppose they could both be true (Storm AND firmware update).

Reactions: M3Mountaineer
That's awesome man. Very quick delivery. Heck ya. Enjoy. When you received the Vin how many days did they give you till you had to pick up? Did they offer you 3 days??
I got my vin yesterday, this morning they gave me the option of 2/1 or 2/2 with a number of different time slots. Not sure if it’s different down in CA, I’m in Seattle.

Well, my day finally came! We picked up our Model 3 LR last night! To anybody that is stuck in the constant cycle of checking and refreshing the app I say this, it’s worth the wait! I can also confirm that mine came with 12v Lithium Ion and the Ryzen processor.
Congrats!! This gives all us Cali folk some hope. And adds to my theory that once less than 10 day window the vin is imminent

Ordered mine (LR AWD) white, aero wheels, no FSD, back seats on Jan 21st. Expected delivery when I ordered was March. Now it says ED Feb 12-Mar12. I am picking up Reno, NV, but that may change depending on when it is ready.
Hmm this is not the first case where someone ordered the same config later than me but got an earlier EDD, and my location (Bay Area) is supposed to be quicker…