Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should be fine. I rejected a VIN once and was not put back to the end of the line at all. In fact, although I made a color change in between, I got the second VIN assigned pretty quickly. What I understand from this is that you keep your place in the line based on your original order date.
Oh wow I thought you scheduled delivery already. Or were you the one that rejected and put on hold after 2nd VIN? I want to reject my VIN but not sure about the wait time for NJ orders. I was scheduled for tomorrow now I am scheduled for Monday 1pm which is going to be a little tricky for me to pull off. If the storm isn't bad tomorrow I hope they let us pickup because if it is bad I will reject VIN tomorrow.

Like many of us in the group, I have been constantly checking the app 10 times daily to see if my EDD has updated. TBH this has been quite an emotional rollercoaster ever since I ordered, and I can't wait to get my Tesla! Vin was still not assigned even after almost 6 weeks.

M3 LR GREY/BLACK/18"/ FULL FSD

I'm in Toronto
12/19 OD
Dec 19 ordered.
Dec 20: March estimated
Dropped to feb 15-march 3
Dropped to Jan 30- feb 28
Went to march 15-31
Went down to Feb 8-22
Yesterday changed to Feb 15- march 15

I spoke to my SA and she said she is confident the car will be delivered between Feb 11- Feb23

Im hoping to great news soon as I don't have a car until then. What do you guys think?

Good luck to everyone who are taking delivers soon!

Like many of us in the group, I have been constantly checking the app 10 times daily to see if my EDD has updated. TBH this has been quite an emotional rollercoaster ever since I ordered, and I can't wait to get my Tesla! Vin was still not assigned even after almost 6 weeks.

M3 LR GREY/BLACK/18"/ FULL FSD

I'm in Toronto
12/19 OD
Dec 19 ordered.
Dec 20: March estimated
Dropped to feb 15-march 3
Dropped to Jan 30- feb 28
Went to march 15-31
Went down to Feb 8-22
Yesterday changed to Feb 15- march 15

I spoke to my SA and she said she is confident the car will be delivered between Feb 11- Feb23

Im hoping to great news soon as I don't have a car until then. What do you guys think?

Good luck to everyone who are taking delivers soon!
Good luck to you sir! I am also without a car and understand your pain. Hope you get your VIN soon.

M3LR White/Black/Aero/No FSD

OD 11/4
ED1: 12/17-12/31
Requested a delivery date after 1/1 but never put on hold
ED2: 1/17-1/31
ED3: 2/7-3/7
ED4: 3/9-3/31

I'm in SoCal. Is switching to cash something that would speed up the process or just a myth? With the CVRP changing soon, I would ideally like to receive it before then.

Reactions: CarlThompson
I dont
M3LR White/Black/Aero/No FSD

OD 11/4
ED1: 12/17-12/31
Requested a delivery date after 1/1 but never put on hold
ED2: 1/17-1/31
ED3: 2/7-3/7
ED4: 3/9-3/31

I'm in SoCal. Is switching to cash something that would speed up the process or just a myth? With the CVRP changing soon, I would ideally like to receive it before then.
I dont think cash mode of payment speeds up the process. If you have your profile completed in the app, irrespective of the payment method the delivery speed is not impacted

Nope, order date doesnt have a ton to do with "build queue" since tesla does not build cars to order at all (unlike, say BMW that actually builds the car to the specifications you order it). There are not that many options for tesla, so they build cars in batches and then match you to a car in the batch that roughly corresponds to "your turn".

With that being said, its EXTREMELY (extremely extremely) common for someone to order a car, say, in new york in the middle of the first month of a quarter, and get that car at the same time as someone who ordered, say, in CA at the beginning of the last month of the quarter.

It boils down to people should expect to get their cars, in the US, in the last month of the quarter, with the closer you are to the factory being the later in the quarter you get it.

When texas comes fully online that may change, but thats how Tesla has operated in the past at least since 2018.

All the tracking of bouncing delivery dates is just "for entertainment purposes only" as far as I am concerned
Truth

Day 49. Electricians are here. They appreciate having lots of room to work in the garage since it's cold outside and there's no pesky car in the way. When the wall connector is in, car shouldn't be far behind..
Right?
That's my theory, and I'm sticking with it! Gonna send "Dude, Where's My Car?" in Morse Code with it once mine's hooked up on Thursday.
Glad to see some of the mid and late Nov orders taking delivery! 🥰 Here's hoping early December is not too far behind you :)
Yeah... hehe.... then LATE December! Come on, white seats!!!!
I woke up today to the same time I've have for more than a week! Feb 18th-Mar-18th.

Anyways, I must be the only one getting tired of this(impatient person). I am no longer checking all the time for status change and excitement is waning. I know it will come back when the car shows up, but I'm mostly through with daily/hourly checks...........
I've had that same window for a long while now