Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I got this text today:

M3LR/ 18’/ grey / black interior/ Full fsd.
Od: dec 19
No vin yet

Hello,

I hope you are doing great. I am just reaching out to outline how our delivery process works at Tesla. When your Tesla is ready for delivery you will receive a text message from our automated delivery scheduling system. Please respond as soon as possible to schedule your delivery as failure to schedule delivery when notified could result in the vehicle being released and going to the next customer in queue.

Your Tesla will need to be scheduled within three days of arriving to the delivery center as our parking capacity onsite is limited and we have very high delivery volumes. If you are not available within the three day window, it's not a problem and the vehicle will be released to the next customer in queue that is ready for delivery and you will be matched to the next available Tesla that matches your configuration.

Tesla does not hold orders indefinitely and we do require that customers take delivery within thirty days of our first attempt to notify them that their Tesla is ready. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions and I am happy to assist. Looking forward getting you behind the wheel of your new Tesla!
Warm regards”

Has anyone received a message like that? When should I expect a vin? Edd has been stuck for a week at: feb 15- march 15. Precious vin was feb 9- feb 23

Did you just apply for an auto loan without being a member? I thought you had to be a member of DCU to get the rates. I would really like some more information on this as I'm still looking for a bank to work with.

I used a referral (I will not be providing or offering one, per moderator it's a ban, you can try googling for one). Then you donate like $10 to a good cause to join.

Thx! Do you recall what option you picked? I was going to select dealer but Tesla doesn't have dealerships so curious...

I don't recall, but probably just selected dealership. They were extremely familiar with all of Tesla's quirks when I called. I didn't have to say a word.

I used a referral (I will not be providing or offering one, per moderator it's a ban, you can try googling for one). Then you donate like $10 to a good cause to join.

I don't recall, but probably just selected dealership. They were extremely familiar with all of Tesla's quirks when I called. I didn't have to say a word.
I just applied for the membership and it was approved with a $10 donation and $5 deposit to a savings account .. now I need to wait for a vin to apply for the loan :)

Very nice looking car! Congratulations. If you know of any super local rebates for the Monterey Bay area, can you let me know?

Only ones I know of are:

California: Eligible Vehicles | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
Central Coast Community Energy (for car, readiness, and charger): Electrify Your Ride Program - 3CE
Monterey Bay Air Resources Board: Electric Vehicle Incentive Program
Those are them :) You should get $5500 in rebates on the car, plus $400 towards wall charger and cost of installation (up to 2k) with those. :)

Reactions: Narya
Just qualified for this 1.24% rate for 65 months once again. It did require another hard pull which is lame, but whatever. Shouldn't really affect much in the long term.

I was approved for the full amount, but am targeting a $750 monthly payment for easy budgeting. that worked out to financing $47k and I'll pay the rest in "cash". Maybe that info can help someone.
Great rate. Just opened an account. Do you know if they would offer the plus or relation discount. Anyone know if I can pay cash and refi the car and pay myself back?

EDD 02/26/2022 - 03/26/2022 hasn't changed since the order was placed a month ago.

I did see a new black performance model pop up as available today in Miami... I told myself if it was still available when I got home from work id try and switch my order.

It was gone before lunch 😅

Like many others I sold my car and am sharing one with the wife until my Tesla arrives. Its not the end of the world but.. I haven't not had my own transportation in 20+ years!

I haven't had anyone reach out from my local Tesla, nor have I received any updates.

Orlando Florida, M3LR, Grey / Black / Aero

Reactions: CarlThompson
There she is! Her name is Billie and she is perfect! Thank you all for making the long wait bearable! Very happy to graduate from this group. Good luck to everyone on this crazy rollercoaster!

Attachments

• IMG_6847.jpeg
    IMG_6847.jpeg
    689.9 KB · Views: 95