Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding my information to this thread…

Order Date: 1/9/22
Config: Long Range White/White/Aero Wheels No FSD
Current EDD: January 19-February 19
Off to a great first post…..

Order Date: 1/9/22
Config: Long Range White/White/Aero Wheels No FSD
Current EDD: February 19-March 19

It's been 99 days since we ordered. It's been a loooooong, slow wait. Got my VIN today, and suddenly it was like 🔥🚒🧨🤯💣🤡🌪️💥😤🤪

That set off a scramble to figure out financing (which has been its own adventure so far, even though we've never had trouble with financing anything). We applied with Tesla, and the credit union we have used for our last car loan (their rates are better, but the process a bit slower). Tesla gave us a conditional approval, but we need to submit proof of residence for my husband, which is a challenge since pretty much everything with his name on it goes to our PO Box (due to privacy reasons related to his work). Well, everything except our garbage bill, which only comes quarterly, and is technically outside the 30 days they wanted. So fingers crossed that works!

Then I spent too much time trying to get ahold of Fremont about the details of picking up our car there today.... Even though financing isn't settled yet (not to mention insurance). And we weren't sure we could make it down there on such short notice. We were also told we had to pick it up in 24 hours (!!!!) Like I don't even think our financing will be done by then. And we're both working (gotta pay for the Tesla somehow).

They wouldn't deliver to our house since we're "out of their radius", even though we're only 21 miles away. However, we did finally get them to agree to load our car onto a truck and deliver it to the Tesla showroom that's in our town, only 1.5 miles from our house (good thing that's not out of their radius, I guess). But that means we have to wait longer. Not sure how much longer. Maybe a week. Maybe two? Hopefully no longer than that, or we're going to be out of luck on getting the CVRP credit (which we'll be limited out of in 17 days).

I'm excited for the car, but not loving how disorganized this whole process feels. They make you wait and wait, jerk you around with the EDDs (so that you don't feel confident arranging anything in advance), then suddenly OMG YOUR CAR IS READY NOW. PICK IT UP THIS INSTANT. And who cares if you have no time to do the things that are required to actually take delivery...

Sigh... Just gotta keep looking forward to driving off into the sunset with my new M3, and having this all behind me. 😎

It's been 99 days since we ordered. It's been a loooooong, slow wait. Got my VIN today, and suddenly it was like 🔥🚒🧨🤯💣🤡🌪️💥😤🤪

That set off a scramble to figure out financing (which has been its own adventure so far, even though we've never had trouble with financing anything). We applied with Tesla, and the credit union we have used for our last car loan (their rates are better, but the process a bit slower). Tesla gave us a conditional approval, but we need to submit proof of residence for my husband, which is a challenge since pretty much everything with his name on it goes to our PO Box (due to privacy reasons related to his work). Well, everything except our garbage bill, which only comes quarterly, and is technically outside the 30 days they wanted. So fingers crossed that works!

Then I spent too much time trying to get ahold of Fremont about the details of picking up our car there today.... Even though financing isn't settled yet (not to mention insurance). And we weren't sure we could make it down there on such short notice. We were also told we had to pick it up in 24 hours (!!!!) Like I don't even think our financing will be done by then. And we're both working (gotta pay for the Tesla somehow).

They wouldn't deliver to our house since we're "out of their radius", even though we're only 21 miles away. However, we did finally get them to agree to load our car onto a truck and deliver it to the Tesla showroom that's in our town, only 1.5 miles from our house (good thing that's not out of their radius, I guess). But that means we have to wait longer. Not sure how much longer. Maybe a week. Maybe two? Hopefully no longer than that, or we're going to be out of luck on getting the CVRP credit (which we'll be limited out of in 17 days).

I'm excited for the car, but not loving how disorganized this whole process feels. They make you wait and wait, jerk you around with the EDDs (so that you don't feel confident arranging anything in advance), then suddenly OMG YOUR CAR IS READY NOW. PICK IT UP THIS INSTANT. And who cares if you have no time to do the things that are required to actually take delivery...

Sigh... Just gotta keep looking forward to driving off into the sunset with my new M3, and having this all behind me. 😎
I hope Elon is more flexible with my delivery day! The nearest Tesla showroom or service center is over 300 miles away from me. Having to pick up and leave on a LONG trip at a moments notice is NOT an option!

I wouldn't trade it for anything, I hate going thru the normal dealership and spending countless hours trying to negotiate a price and experience all their blood thirsty car salemen.

Reactions: enemji
M3LR AWD DBM/White/Aero/NoFSD
OD:12/8
EDD: 2/14-2/18
CDD: 2/16 4:00pm @ Tesla Legacy North
AMD Ryzen confirmed by SA
VIN:168xxx

Yea!
I went with Tesla Insurance because ALLSTATE that has my other cars and properties decided to quote me twice the rate than Tesla Insurance. 🤷🏽‍♂️

M3LR MSM/Black/Aero/NO FSD

Received a 173 VIN today in TX.

Order date was November 2021, received a VIN in December but placed my account on hold until January.

Received a 157 VIN at the end January but I passed on it because it had Intel.

I haven't asked if the 173 has Ryzen or not but I will probably accept the delivery regardless.
Very very likely it will have Ryzen. From this thread it looks like since after about VIN 160xxx all have the Ryzen and the 12V Li-Ion battery.

I wouldn't trade it for anything, I hate going thru the normal dealership and spending countless hours trying to negotiate a price and experience all their blood thirsty car salemen.

The funny thing is (and I know I'm very much the exception), I actually love the negotiation part of buying a car. I'm really good at it and have put a lot of research into how to play the game. I've purchased 3 cars and 2 RVs, and walked away with killer deals on each. It's a very satisfying feeling knowing that you out preyed the predator.

I actually missed that aspect with buying a Tesla. Took the sport out of it.

I see a ton of posts about unanswered texts, no response to emails, etc. I'll just throw this out there. If you're that in need of information call the 800 number. There's a call back feature so no hold time and guaranteed a response... Problem solved.
and to add on maybe your SA has left Tesla so that no one is attached to your SA's old number? Try calling your local store to see if you can get another SA assigned.

The funny thing is (and I know I'm very much the exception), I actually love the negotiation part of buying a car. I'm really good at it and have put a lot of research into how to play the game. I've purchased 3 cars and 2 RVs, and walked away with killer deals on each. It's a very satisfying feeling knowing that you out preyed the predator.

With all the online resources available it became actually easy lately to get good prices at dealerships. Well, that was before Covid. I think right now even with your bargaining skills you would have a really hard time getting any good deal below MSRP with all the supply issues. Most dealers are pricing now well above MSRP and they can easily do it since demand is so high. So at this moment Tesla really shines. No bargaining, no fuss, everybody orders online and gets the same price. I know Tesla did quite a bit of price hikes in 2021 but given the demand it is in fact not high for the Model 3 Long Range. The price/benefit and price/power ratio for the Model 3 Long Range is still pretty good IMO.

Last edited:

Was it really worth the hours you spend negotiating? In my case, I have never been able to justify losing my working hours…. They are worth more than a car deal can save me.

Reactions: Canine06