Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR AWD DBM/White/Aero/NoFSD
OD:12/8
EDD: 2/14-2/18
CDD: 2/16 4:00pm @ Tesla Legacy North
AMD Ryzen confirmed by SA
VIN:168xxx

Yea!
I went with Tesla Insurance because ALLSTATE that has my other cars and properties decided to quote me twice the rate than Tesla Insurance. 🤷🏽‍♂️
When I got my 1st Model 3 in 2019 I was with Allstate, and had the same experience. Ended up with a good rate with Progressive.

Reactions: enemji and T4M3
Tentative delivery scheduled for Feb 26. Full details as below:

Original Configuration: M3LR White/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23
Held order until Jan 1
EDD #2: March 11 - March 31
EDD #3: Jan 21 - Feb 4
VIN (158xxx) assigned Jan 16
VIN rejected Jan 18
Changed Color to MSM/Black Jan 18
EDD #4: Feb 1 - Feb 5
VIN 156xxx assigned Jan 21
VIN rejected Jan 23
Held order until Feb 5
VIN 170xxx assigned Feb 5
EDD #5: Feb 22 - Feb 26
Scheduled Delivery: Feb 26

Tentative delivery scheduled for Feb 26. Full details as below:

Original Configuration: M3LR White/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23
Held order until Jan 1
EDD #2: March 11 - March 31
EDD #3: Jan 21 - Feb 4
VIN (158xxx) assigned Jan 16
VIN rejected Jan 18
Changed Color to MSM/Black Jan 18
EDD #4: Feb 1 - Feb 5
VIN 156xxx assigned Jan 21
VIN rejected Jan 23
Held order until Feb 5
VIN 170xxx assigned Feb 5
EDD #5: Feb 22 - Feb 26
Scheduled Delivery: Feb 26
Pretty much same boat as u, but waiting 4 vin.

Did you get a VIN immediately after lifting ur hold?
Interesting how they assign VIN's 20+ days in advance, I wonder if they assign it as soon as the car is built.

San Antonio - 173xxx VIN received this morning!!

Ordered date: 12/14

Initial EDD: March 2022

2nd EDD (12/19): 1/25 - 2/22

3rd EDD (1/26): 2/9 - 3/9

4th EDD (1/28): 2/14 - 2/28

5th EDD & VIN received (2/8): 2/20-2/24

I don't know any of the details on the hardware yet. I checked my app this morning and it wanted to connect to my Bluetooth. My heart instantly started racing and it felt like I already had my coffee in me. I'm hopeful that the car will have the AMD chip and keeping my fingers crossed about any other upgrade.
Alright! More love for Texas!

Reactions: Canine06
:D

2022-02-08 16_20_46-Photo - Google Photos.jpg

I like to keep all my insurance together (home, auto, umbrella) and had AAA for several years, with multiple BMWs with competitive rates. When I got my model 3 in 2018, AAA was like 25% higher than everyone else. I even called them and walked through it with them, because I liked AAA for insurance, and at the end, they were not even close to competitive, even when I told them I was going to transfer the rest of my insurance wherever my car ended up.

AAA is several companies, and I am in CA so this "may" not apply to you, but they absolutely did not want to insure teslas back then, and other people reported similar. It was not my driving record (no points, no claims, no tickets, etc etc). I pay insurance yearly, and they were 25% more for the year, which was a significant amount of money, especially since the car that was being removed from the policy was a leased BMW 435, that was fully loaded.

I only mention that because it wasnt a " oh that car is more expensive" thing, as the cost of the cars themselves were not that different.

I'm in CA too. Thought I'd share what I've learned in the last couple of hours, in case it's helpful. I have checked with AAA, Mercury, Tesla Insurance, Allstate and Progressive so far. We have 3 other vehicles with AAA, which may have factored into the rate. I did not include our other vehicles on the quotes for other providers. Otherwise, all of the coverage levels were the same for all policies, insuring two drivers.

AAA was $147/mo on top of our current policy. Mercury was $141. Tesla $144. Progressive $169. Allstate $297 (not sure what their problem is...).

I'll get a few more quotes, but given that AAA is competitive even with Tesla and Mercury, we might just go through them for ease, since our other cars are on that policy.

Yeah I think I must have gotten lucky because my friend who is waiting on a MYP (OD mid Dec) and lives down the street from me called after I told him my experience and they said all they knew was the EDD on the account. Same place just a few mins later. Crazy. All I asked was who my advisor was, I never even asked about dates...
Yup, I’ll echo a similar story I just had 5 min ago with the Portland store. The sales rep told me my delivery will be 2/16 based on notes written down on my reservation # (which was likely added by the sales rep I talked to last week). I indicated that I still have no VIN and my app has a wide EDD of 2/8 - 3/8. This latest sales rep was unable to help me any further.

So I’m hopeful but it sure seems that certain sales reps have access to a lot more information than others!

Reactions: jonjon09
Tesla delivery is kind of a circus. Delivery supposed to be 2/9, Wednesday. Today is 2/8. Was told I wasn't allowed to pick it up. They texted me and called me this morning to verify I was ready for home delivery tomorrow.

2 hours later they call me and say they can't deliver even though the car is here because they can't get it ready on time. They offer me a spot on Thursday and then say oops, they have no delivery spots. They ask if I want Friday delivery and then say I can take the car Thursday if I want to come pick it up. They already said I wasn't allowed to pick it up.

They can't make their mind up what they want to do.

Not overly maddening just a little irritating.

I feel you! Got a VIN yesterday morning, followed by a text asking me to pick up same day in Fremont, even though I needed to arrange financing. Told it would take a week or two to send to the Tesla store near my house. Got a text this morning saying it's there already and they wanted to schedule delivery.

In between lots of back and forth calls/texts/emails with Tesla and my lender, Tesla scheduled home delivery (without talking to me about it) for Thursday 12-4 pm. Then someone from Tesla moved my home delivery to today between 12-2 pm even though I had literally just hung up with them at about 11:40 am, and told them I was still working on financing and wasn't sure when I'd have the check! Another call, another change... this time to Thursday again from 4-6 pm. But now that our financing is done, and we'll have a check in hand in a couple of hours, they're trying to schedule us for tomorrow. We'll see what kind of shenanigans they try there -- probably scheduling for the exact times I told them I can't do, just because they like talking to me I guess...

It's not like I have a day job or anything. :)

Reactions: CaptainKrunch
I'm in CA too. Thought I'd share what I've learned in the last couple of hours, in case it's helpful. I have checked with AAA, Mercury, Tesla Insurance, Allstate and Progressive so far. We have 3 other vehicles with AAA, which may have factored into the rate. I did not include our other vehicles on the quotes for other providers. Otherwise, all of the coverage levels were the same for all policies, insuring two drivers.

AAA was $147/mo on top of our current policy. Mercury was $141. Tesla $144. Progressive $169. Allstate $297 (not sure what their problem is...).

I'll get a few more quotes, but given that AAA is competitive even with Tesla and Mercury, we might just go through them for ease, since our other cars are on that policy.

Perhaps AAA decided to be more competitive on teslas, or, perhaps NorCal and SoCal AAA have different rates since I think they are also different companies under the AAA umbrella. The websites for NorCal AAA and SoCall AAA are different, for example. I work in So Cal but the home office for the company I work for is in NorCal.

Whenever I am on my VPN (or in the office), and going thru the NorCal internet connection, it used to try to give me NorCal AAA and I couldnt log into my account, etc. In any case, thats interesting information.

Perhaps AAA decided to be more competitive on teslas, or, perhaps NorCal and SoCal AAA have different rates since I think they are also different companies under the AAA umbrella. The websites for NorCal AAA and SoCall AAA are different, for example. I work in So Cal but the home office for the company I work for is in NorCal.

Whenever I am on my VPN (or in the office), and going thru the NorCal internet connection, it used to try to give me NorCal AAA and I couldnt log into my account, etc. In any case, thats interesting information.

Could be! Tesla's are like Honda Civics in the Bay Area... they're everywhere. At some point, you lose out on a big pool of potential customers if you aren't competitive with your rates in such a Tesla-saturated market.