Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/26 M3 LR white on white sport wheels
EDD 3/12 -3/31
New EDD IS 2/26-3/26
Just got a VIN a few mins ago 176
Pick up smithtown NY

My question is how long after a VIN usually does it take to get the car? And how long will they hold the car for me? I’m going away until the end of the month am I screwed? Lol thanks.
Your VIN assignment from order date is much quicker than the mean. I'd be curious if you are inheriting another person who put a hold on it or someone rejected it in your area.

OD 1/26 M3 LR white on white sport wheels
EDD 3/12 -3/31
New EDD IS 2/26-3/26
Just got a VIN a few mins ago 176
Pick up smithtown NY

My question is how long after a VIN usually does it take to get the car? And how long will they hold the car for me? I’m going away until the end of the month am I screwed? Lol thanks.

To the "how long will they hold a car for me?" question, unless that has drastically changed, the answer is 3 days.

Reactions: KyleSVR
San Antonio - 173xxx VIN received this morning!!

Ordered date: 12/14

Initial EDD: March 2022

2nd EDD (12/19): 1/25 - 2/22

3rd EDD (1/26): 2/9 - 3/9

4th EDD (1/28): 2/14 - 2/28

5th EDD & VIN received (2/8): 2/20-2/24

I don't know any of the details on the hardware yet. I checked my app this morning and it wanted to connect to my Bluetooth. My heart instantly started racing and it felt like I already had my coffee in me. I'm hopeful that the car will have the AMD chip and keeping my fingers crossed about any other upgrade.
I ordered the same configuration on 12/8 for delivery in San Antonio and you received your VIN before me… interesting…