Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my pickup scheduled for today. I talked to the SA yesterday and he said the car came in Sunday and they'd get it ready for my pickup today. I told him it's a 2.5 hour drive one way so please call me if anything comes up. My wife and I each took a day off work for this appointment. I heard nothing so this morning we drove there for our 10am pickup appointment and the SA showed me a picture of the glass roof gap. He said I can't take the car as the roof could blow off on the highway. He's waiting to hear back from the tech that can do the work, however long it takes for him to fix it, then a few hours to dry but we probably wouldn't have it today and we should come back tomorrow.

I debated getting a hotel room for the night but was completely unprepared (didn't have my work laptop, charger, clothes) so we just drove home. Just got home an hour ago and he texts saying it's ready now and asked me to pick it. Like I can just walk across the street to get this car. This is frustrating. I just wish they could have checked it out and called me before we made the long drive. We wasted so much time today.
That’s very insensitive for them to handle it like this. Sorry to hear.

Hello all, figured I'd add my data to the thread after watching for about a month.

M3LR/MSM/Black/19" Sport/No FSD

Pickup - Naperville, IL

OD: 1/12/22
Initial EDD: 3/19-3/31
(1/19) EDD#2: 2/5-3/5
(1/25) EDD#3: 2/26-3/26
Based on now 14 member samples, including yours Avg EDD is now 62 days but two members got a VIN in avg of 26 days. All Jan '22 orders.

Reactions: disneygirl420
Doing any ceramic coating in the interiors or just outside?
outside. I'm on the fence with ceramic coating on the seats. Does it really protect? Does it make the seats feel more plasticky?
Honestly, I'm a DIY-girl. I was originally going to do the ceramic coating myself, and just pay for the ppf. I just don't have the time, and my garage is currently too cluttered and dimly lit, so I decided to go pro for that service.

Reactions: DasTasla
Graduated today ..(trade in from a 2019 Tesla Model 3 LR)

VIN 164xxx
no panel gaps discrepancies
AMD Ryzen
Lithium battery

now I need get the windows tinted, remove the caps

0417218F-DB4C-4549-893B-189753FBF9EA.jpeg

hmm, didn't really think of that 🤔
Well, "Mr. Li" (short for lithium) was "born" on 2/5, so there only was about 11 days of paint curing time. I hope that's enough time, or else I'm in trouble.
I've seen a huge range from 15, 30, 60+ days lmao, but it seems to be dependent on the painting process by whoever, in this case Tesla, which I have very little knowledge about. But i've also seen a lot of people literally drive straight from the pick up center to get ppf done so I have no idea o_O