Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They didn't on our first one I bought in September but I did put VIN # on the check that I will be hand delivering on 3/10!!!
Normally they want you to send a copy to their finance people and make sure the VIN number is on the check. That has been my experience with Tesla for larger amounts (50-90k).

I just texted Tesla and got this right back....

18F8348C-D043-432B-9886-DAD3DCF0BB3E.jpeg

When applying for a Tesla Preferred Partner loan is the loan rate as advertised on the website (2.74%), or do bank offer you a rate based on your credit score after the application is submitted on Tesla's website?

Not the ultimate best but I have a credit score of 827-840 depending on where I check and I got the 2.74% so I'd say that is their best rate...it goes up from there. I'd hope one doesn't need a 850 to get a better rate! But one never knows...

Also pushed out to one month window today.

EDD #6 (2/18): 2/25-3/25
A few more updates:
EDD #7 (2/21): 2/23-3/8
EDD #8 (2/24): 2/26-3/9

13 day window and now 11 (though the end day was pushed out by a day).

I noticed a lot of people on the East Coast get a VIN a week or two before the start of their EDD range. Any idea if this is different for Fremont deliveries where the car doesn’t need to be shipped? Hoping to get a VIN soon!

Reactions: gordonli51
Not the ultimate best but I have a credit score of 827-840 depending on where I check and I got the 2.74% so I'd say that is their best rate...it goes up from there. I'd hope one doesn't need a 850 to get a better rate! But one never knows...
My experience has been that if you are 730 or over, CU's are going to give you the same rate, even if you score in the 800's. The other banks I shopped seem to be the same for auto loans. For mortgage it seemed to be 760 and up was the best rates where I shopped.

As for TI, I don't get Tesla at all for their values. The offer they gave me for my 2021 MY LR was 9k below the AVERAGE wholesale offer I got. The best offer I got was 12k over the Tesla offer. Absolutely nobody was even in the same range as Tesla. Next lowest offer was 8k above Tesla's. I ended up retailing it to another forum member and they got a very solid deal on the car and I did a bit better than the wholesalers.

Our 3 is scheduled for delivery next Friday.

Reactions: BMWM3Man
My experience has been that if you are 730 or over, CU's are going to give you the same rate, even if you score in the 800's. The other banks I shopped seem to be the same for auto loans. For mortgage it seemed to be 760 and up was the best rates where I shopped.

As for TI, I don't get Tesla at all for their values. The offer they gave me for my 2021 MY LR was 9k below the AVERAGE wholesale offer I got. The best offer I got was 12k over the Tesla offer. Absolutely nobody was even in the same range as Tesla. Next lowest offer was 8k above Tesla's. I ended up retailing it to another forum member and they got a very solid deal on the car and I did a bit better than the wholesalers.

Our 3 is scheduled for delivery next Friday.
After selling my truck in 24hours for 8k above what anyone or any website would offer. I feel that the little extra effort to sell private is 100% worth it.

Reactions: Kaytu
Well I took delivery yesterday and it went great!
IMAGE 2022-02-24 14:02:44.jpg

2022 M3 LR Blue exterior, Black interior, 18" aero wheels, no FSD
F177XXX has Ryzen + li-ion LV battery. Does not have dual pane rear glass. Not sure about heated wipers.

Timeline:
Order Date: 2/4/2022; original delivery estimate: March 2022. I placed the order in the showroom and they completed my profile on the spot. I logged into my account and selected Tesla financing the same day, though I didn't submit the credit app until I had a vin.
Past EDDs: 2/19-3/1, 2/21-2/25
Car arrived at showroom: 2/23 (they warned me that because the car showed up late, if they found any issues with it they'd have to delay my delivery. Luckily there were no issues with the car.
Delivery: 2/23 home delivery, not "touchless". I had to sign some papers and was able to look over the car quickly inside and out before accepting

I think I somehow got really lucky with only 19 days from order to delivery, and it not being a rejected car.

The car is nearly perfect! I didn't submit service requests for anything. While the panel gaps are larger and less consistent than my previous car (2016 VW), It's not a dealbreaker for me in any way. None of the panels are too close together that they could rub and none of the gaps are too large either, which is all I care about. Nothing wrong with the interior at all. The car even came with a nice "Model 3" rear license plate holder that I plan on using when I get my plate.

Here are my first impressions from the first ~75 miles of driving it.

Good:
  • It's super quick, just like I remembered from the test drive!
  • The sound system is awesome, and I'm somewhat of an audiophile
  • No hard phantom braking yet! Definitely some phantom slowing (1-2mph) where it occasionally thinks it sees people on the side of the road, but not a big deal at all
  • Autosteer is as good at staying centered in the lane as I hoped it would be
  • Preconditioning the car is super quick! (40 degrees F to 70 in less than 5 minutes)
  • Youtube, Netflix, Dashcam viewer, and backup camera are all super snappy with the Ryzen CPU
  • The Low-beams + fogs give SUPER good visibility at night
  • The auto heated seats are better than expected
Things I've learned:
  • The car makes a lot more noises than I thought when parked or charging. Lots of clicks and fan noises, compressor, etc. Still way quieter than an ICE engine running.

Minor Annoyances:
  • When engaging Autopilot, I really wish that didn't enable auto-high-beams. It's not awful but it definitely puts on the high beams in many situations that I would not, especially since the low-beams are already way brighter than any other car I've driven. Anyone know the quickest way to disable this every time after enabling Autopilot?
  • Having to disengage Autosteer to change lanes on the highway and then re-engage is kind of annoying because of all the chimes. I do have Joe Mode enabled, that helped a bit.
  • I still haven't gotten the hang of how how to apply force to the steering wheel when the car nags, but I suspect I'll figure it out with time.
  • Not sure how I feel about the noisemaker speaker yet
  • I wish it was possible to make some controls like heated seats and heated steering wheel more accessible at the bottom of the screen
  • I would like a dumb cruise control option
I guess it's a good thing that all of my annoyances are with the software and they could be fixed in the future! Overall I love the car and would absolutely buy it again!