Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla and they actually had info for me! 888-518-3752
  • First she said that MOST cars will be delivered towards the end of March, but...
  • I am "soft matched" to a car
  • That car is in production.
  • I should expect a VIN sometime between 3/6-3/10 (which is smack dab in the middle of my current EDD).
Who knows how accurate this intel is but it somehow gives me some satisfaction
I got to know who you call to get those kind of details. Every time I call, text, or e-mail I get super generic answers.

Texts have only yielded useless responses...which is why I decided to attempt a call. Maybe I got lucky or maybe I got the best actress ever on the phone ...we will see! She really sounded sincere though =)
You must have the same luck I had. The person I called the first time was able to tell me quite accurately when I would get my VIN and when the local SC would receive the car (and therefore when to expect delivery to be scheduled). I really do think that they know more than most will let on. Gotta keep the roller coaster EDDs going after all...

• Love
Reactions: disneygirl420
GRADATION DAY! Rocky start but all turned out well. Yesterday I get a text at 11:00 confirming my delivery today at 10:00. GREAT! Fast forward 3 hours the next text comes saying my car hasn’t arrived yet and will have to reschedule. NOT SO GREAT! At this point I have already made my flight and hotel reservations since I am 350 miles from the Dallas center. Texted SA and said that it was UNACCEPTABLE and they would need to accommodate my schedule. Agreed to a delayed delivery at 2:00 today. Evidently my car arrived just this morning and they put me at the front of the line. Ended up being ready at 11:00. WOO HOO! Moral of the story, I think they have a little more flexibility with deliveries than they let on.
Initial inspection was perfect. No flaws of any kind!
FYI….power trunk lid for those with doubts

Attachments

• 1A99225C-7B91-4B6D-ACDA-4C77242DD210.jpeg
    1A99225C-7B91-4B6D-ACDA-4C77242DD210.jpeg
    553.8 KB · Views: 95
  • C8FB60E7-5E9F-4671-96E8-FC06C51D8333.jpeg
    C8FB60E7-5E9F-4671-96E8-FC06C51D8333.jpeg
    729.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 65656D38-AE37-4B03-A2D0-5244D44815A7.jpeg
    65656D38-AE37-4B03-A2D0-5244D44815A7.jpeg
    745.2 KB · Views: 79
  • C96346C2-39C5-42DC-A692-1EF66E8B0E21.jpeg
    C96346C2-39C5-42DC-A692-1EF66E8B0E21.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 83
This confirms that I think once you approach your EDD window the Tesla SA/Call Center get additional information populated in their dashboards.

I think this only confirms that you called after that information was available to them. This thread is chock full of people who called after entering their EDD window, often multiple times, and got nothing from texted and/or called-in questions.

There is a lot of confirmation bias from folks looking for patterns in this thread, too. So many posts of “my experience seemed to have pattern x, so pattern x must be the way” completely ignoring that before then, people thought it was “pattern a” through “pattern w” none of which matched each other, or “pattern x”. There may in fact be a pattern, but even the people tracking every post here in a spreadsheet are missing hundreds of data points every single day. They are making a thousand cars a day at Fremont, and this thread contains just a tiny potion of that.
There’s a lot of psychology and math being glossed over. Because we are excited and impatient, myself included.

The only pattern I am paying any attention to is how many people who ordered after me are getting a VIN or taking delivery, relative to ordered before me and are getting a VIN or taking delivery.

…and yes, I’m probably no fun at parties. 🤪

Reactions: Misslove_143
I think this only confirms that you called after that information was available to them. This thread is chock full of people who called after entering their EDD window, often multiple times, and got nothing from texted and/or called-in questions.

There is a lot of confirmation bias from folks looking for patterns in this thread, too. So many posts of “my experience seemed to have pattern x, so pattern x must be the way” completely ignoring that before then, people thought it was “pattern a” through “pattern w” none of which matched each other, or “pattern x”. There may in fact be a pattern, but even the people tracking every post here in a spreadsheet are missing hundreds of data points every single day. They are making a thousand cars a day at Fremont, and this thread contains just a tiny potion of that.
There’s a lot of psychology and math being glossed over. Because we are excited and impatient, myself included.

The only pattern I am paying any attention to is how many people who ordered after me are getting a VIN or taking delivery, relative to ordered before me and are getting a VIN or taking delivery.

…and yes, I’m probably no fun at parties. 🤪
Hah! When I say approach an EDD window I mean within the "Delivery Quarter" as I went through the Tesla spreadsheet. I have no doubt that there is confirmation bias. But there is a point in time when they decide to manufacture your car and in all likelihood it's related to your EDD less a VIN falling through to you via a rejection.

• Funny
Reactions: rollermonkey
Hah! When I say approach an EDD window I mean within the "Delivery Quarter" as I went through the Tesla spreadsheet. I have no doubt that there is confirmation bias. But there is a point in time when they decide to manufacture your car and in all likelihood it's related to your EDD less a VIN falling through to you via a rejection.
Besides, its fun finding patterns :)

Reactions: Cosimo3456
GRADATION DAY! Rocky start but all turned out well. Yesterday I get a text at 11:00 confirming my delivery today at 10:00. GREAT! Fast forward 3 hours the next text comes saying my car hasn’t arrived yet and will have to reschedule. NOT SO GREAT! At this point I have already made my flight and hotel reservations since I am 350 miles from the Dallas center. Texted SA and said that it was UNACCEPTABLE and they would need to accommodate my schedule. Agreed to a delayed delivery at 2:00 today. Evidently my car arrived just this morning and they put me at the front of the line. Ended up being ready at 11:00. WOO HOO! Moral of the story, I think they have a little more flexibility with deliveries than they let on.
Initial inspection was perfect. No flaws of any kind!
FYI….power trunk lid for those with doubts

Congrats! MSM Baby!

I didn't know power trunk was still a question. We got this on our first 3 that was delivered Sept 2021.

Last edited: