Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD
OOD 1/21 EDD 2/12-3/12
2/13 got an updated EDD to 2/25-3/25
2/26 2 week window now 3/3-3/17
3/4: 3/7-3/18

Getting closer but also kinda getting more frustrated. I don't live around the block from where I am picking up. I am 4+ hours from Burbank where I plan on picking up by now I am going to be travelling to SF Bay for a few days during my window. Texted my SA to let him know that I can pick up in Burbank one week and SF the other week, well see what happens.

Reactions: disneygirl420
I'm picking up in Columbus. What was the pick up like in Cinci? Was the car outside or inside? Touchless or did someone go through stuff with you?
I had a trade in so I went inside. I guess it would be theoretically possible for it to be “touch less” otherwise.

I showed up, car was on supercharger, congrats paper on the dash like it was a new baby 🥰, went in due to trade in, they brought it out front. There was paperwork inside car that I signed and gave it to them. They activated my app and off I went.

Was super smooth but not “touch less” not that I personally care about that really. I think you’d at least have to go inside to announce your presence and drop off the paperwork but otherwise you could avoid all human contact 😃

MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD
OOD 1/21 EDD 2/12-3/12

Getting closer but also kinda getting more frustrated. I don't live around the block from where I am picking up. I am 4+ hours from Burbank where I plan on picking up by now I am going to be travelling to SF Bay for a few days during my window. Texted my SA to let him know that I can pick up in Burbank one week and SF the other week, well see what happens.
I know the feeling. I am 6 hours from my pickup location and I’m trying to manage a work trip across the country that is dangerously close to my delivery window.

Based on what I see people posting here, I am in a small minority of people who didn’t order the Aero wheels. Am I missing something? I realize that range is decreased and am willing to accept that. I also have seen comments on “rough” ride with the 20” rims on the Performance model, but have not seen so much on the 19s. Bottom line I just thought the Sport wheels looked better so that was my little splurge. Thoughts?

I had a trade in so I went inside. I guess it would be theoretically possible for it to be “touch less” otherwise.

I showed up, car was on supercharger, congrats paper on the dash like it was a new baby 🥰, went in due to trade in, they brought it out front. There was paperwork inside car that I signed and gave it to them. They activated my app and off I went.

Was super smooth but not “touch less” not that I personally care about that really. I think you’d at least have to go inside to announce your presence and drop off the paperwork but otherwise you could avoid all human contact 😃
Thanks! Good to know. We picked up a model S several years ago from the same location and they had it inside parked in front of a huge red wall with the words Tesla on it. I guess gone are the days of pomp and circumstance. Glad to know it was seamless tho

Based on what I see people posting here, I am in a small minority of people who didn’t order the Aero wheels. Am I missing something? I realize that range is decreased and am willing to accept that. I also have seen comments on “rough” ride with the 20” rims on the Performance model, but have not seen so much on the 19s. Bottom line I just thought the Sport wheels looked better so that was my little splurge. Thoughts?
I got the 19" Sport Wheels and I'm sure it does impact road noise to some degree. But at the end of the day I can also swap out tires if I need or want to.

Reactions: pwalsh691
For me it was just the color. If 19” was available in black or gray I would have gone that route.

Milpitas, CA (6 miles from Fremont factory)
M3LR / MSM / Black / Aero / No AutoPilot
Loan approved through Tesla financing
OD: 2/19
EDD 1: 5/27 - 6/24

Posting here in hopes my EDD gets bumped up since it’s the latest I’ve seen in this thread :(
I'm gonna go on a whim here and say that I think they bundle orders per quarter. They have a decent idea of how many cars can make it off the line each quarter, so they try to line that up with the orders coming in. Once the number of orders matches the volume of anticipated production for that quarter, the orders get bumped to the following quarter. I have a feeling that's what happened with me as well. I ordered mine about a week before you and mine is at 5/3 - 5/31 right now.

But again, I could be way off. It's difficult seeing folks who only have like 4 - 6 weeks from OD to pickup. All we can do is be happy for them and hope the same will happen to us. This too shall pass

Yeah, I think it's a combination of personal taste, and whether you care about the lost range. For me, I prefer the look of the 19s, but not for $1500. So I decided to order the aeros and spend extra on some 19" aftermarket wheels.

This also does affect delivery. Since so many people order the aeros, they tend to be backordered or limited on supply. So going with the sport wheels can easily bump up delivery.

I actually just called Tesla this morning and they said they had an available black on black (my config) that was cancelled, but it had the sport wheels. They said they could reassign the VIN to me, but I'd have to cough up the extra $1500, which I'm not interested in. I decided to just tough it out.

You can remove the aero wheels to reveal a pretty good looking wheel underneath so you essentially get a 2-for-1 type situation for a cheaper price.

M3P push to April but M3LR stay in May
M3 is July only if you do an add on
Milpitas, CA (6 miles from Fremont factory)
M3LR / MSM / Black / Aero / No AutoPilot
Loan approved through Tesla financing
OD: 2/19
EDD 1: 5/27 - 6/24

Posting here in hopes my EDD gets bumped up since it’s the latest I’ve seen in this thread :(
If it makes you feel any better.... I'm in the East Bay..my OD is 2/22 and EDD is 5/25-6/23

MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD
OOD 1/21 EDD 2/12-3/12

they dont care lol. I would ask your SA to ask the OPS team on the status.