Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you got that star “moderator” treatment and you just had to come rub it in our poor sad faces 🤣🤣
J/k…glad it’s going smoothly for some. Hate to think it’s this frustrating for everyone.

Lol, I was wondering if people were going to think that, actually 🤣

Im just a regular shlub like everyone else though. TMC doesnt have any links at all with tesla, so its not like they even know who I am, etc. I dont go and say "So, you know I am a moderator on Tesla motors club, so...." (they would likely laugh at me anyway if I tried that, lmao).

The only difference might be:

1. I ordered a model Y performance, not a LR / AWD one (those have a longer wait time)
2. I have a model 3, tesla solar and tesla powerwalls in my account (although I dont think that matters to them, I think thats actually fairly common for someone to have that combo of products once they go down the "Tesla EV" road.

I was expecting my EDD to bounce around, but it didnt. I dont care about "4680 batteries" because I would actually rather have "the thoroughly tested and understood" vs "the brand new factory and build techniques we need to get the kinks out of". Lots of people are pushing out model Ys trying to get austin made, as if they think its going to.... err let me stop there.... (lmao)

Anyway, I think it could be because I ordered a performance Y, and people are shuffling those, even though I verified the car was basically completed yesterday so not sitting around somewhere.

I don’t even have an edit button. I couldn’t change anything if i wanted….unless I called the dude at Tesla lol
yes you can ........ sign in to your account first then copy and paste

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
put in your Rn number in place of the ## it will take you to the edit page , make your edit then select review your changes at the bottom of the page .

Last edited:
Reactions: angeliavee
according to others, your tasks in your account might have not been completed, you should check your account and call Tesla to confirm.
Hahaha… I find that they’re so slow at texting. The fastest way to reach them from experience is through the online chat. They were able to unlock the account for me immediately and also switched my payment from cash to financing. Texting the number they text you when you first order takes forever for a reply.
I’ve had some luck with emailing my SA. He gets back to me pretty quickly

I've called and they said everything looks fine in my profile. They aren't sure why I'm not getting picked up.
For what it’s worth, I had chosen 3rd party financing option when initially ordering. I called and asked them if everything looked ok and finished, because the Complete profile was still unchecked. The SA said it all “looked good”.

Several days later, it was still unchecked and that just didn’t sit right with me, so I called back. A few sentences in to my question, the SA jumped in and said “I’ve changed you to “cash” for now…just call us back to fix it to 3rd part finance once you get the vin…the way it was, you would be stuck waiting because the profile was incomplete.” After hanging up, the profile then showed complete…

Make double sure the complete profile is “checked off”…

Just my experience with this whole thing…yes, it is quite bizarre (all of it)

For what it’s worth, I had chosen 3rd party financing option when initially ordering. I called and asked them if everything looked ok and finished, because the Complete profile was still unchecked. The SA said it all “looked good”.

Several days later, it was still unchecked and that just didn’t sit right with me, so I called back. A few sentences in to my question, the SA jumped in and said “I’ve changed you to “cash” for now…just call us back to fix it to 3rd part finance once you get the vin…the way it was, you would be stuck waiting because the profile was incomplete.” After hanging up, the profile then showed complete…

Make double sure the complete profile is “checked off”…

Just my experience with this whole thing…yes, it is quite bizarre (all of it)
Out of curiosity, where exactly in your account would one look to see if “complete profile” is checked?

I graduated from this forum yesterday, picking up my Model 3. I just want to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and insights. It's been incredibly helpful in so many ways. In the end, this was my journey:

M3 Dual Motor, White, 18" No FSD

OD 1/12/22
1/13 EDD: Mar 30 - 31
1/20 EDD: Mar 2 - 30
2/13 EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 14
2/18: EDD Mar 4 - 8
2/18 VIN: 182XXX
3/4: Pickup

Good luck everyone!