Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh is it North Carolina that is causing this issue???…my EDD moved from 3/25-3/31 to 5/2-5/31 today. This sucks. OD 2/12, original EDD Mar-Apr, moved to May-June, then 3/25-3/31 (held my breath thinking for sure I would get a VIN soon)…and this crappy morning, it’s now 5/2-5/31. :(

OD 2/12, M3 LR, MSM, Black, 19in, no FSD, NC

Reactions: GOGR33N
I negotiate freight and shipping for a large company and we negotiate all of that in 2-3 year agreements, so while I was displeased my shipping rate with UPS for example went up 15% this year it’s locked in for three years and looks like a bargain now. My by truck and pallet costs are all set also. I’m sure Tesla has something similar.
Lets hope that Tesla's transport contracts aren't coming up for renewal anytime soon.

Ugh is it North Carolina that is causing this issue???…my EDD moved from 3/25-3/31 to 5/2-5/31 today. This sucks. OD 2/12, original EDD Mar-Apr, moved to May-June, then 3/25-3/31 (held my breath thinking for sure I would get a VIN soon)…and this crappy morning, it’s now 5/2-5/31. :(

This very thing is happening to many of us on the east coast

Quick update for everyone waiting:

Picked my car up today. MSM / Black / Aero. OD was 2/7. I confirmed the car has all the new goodies except for dual pane rear glass (SA informed me that it is not yet available for Model 3/Y in the US). Car was practically perfect. Could not find a single issue on the paint and I looked over it with two other people for about an hour before finally accepting delivery. Only thing I noticed was the frunk was sunken in a few millimeters where it connects to the driver side fender. SA assured me it was within spec and its not noticeable at all unless you feel for it (I still booked a service appointment for it). Other than that, everything was perfect. I already installed mudflaps, screen protector, all weather mats, and magsafe phone holder. For everyone still waiting, I wish you the best of luck and trust me, it well worth the wait :)

Attachments

• 1B0890EE-BA1A-4EAA-9517-5A0947C4AB8A.jpeg
    1B0890EE-BA1A-4EAA-9517-5A0947C4AB8A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 94

Ugg. Same order for me OD 2/15 but in AZ. I’m still keeping fingers crossed but I’m 4/22-5/20 right now.

Reactions: elyk864
I ordered online and never got contacted by/assigned an SA, so I have no one to ask questions of. Is that normal? Anything I need to do?
After I placed my order, the I got a text welcoming me to the Tesla family, including my order number and that if I have any questions, to reply to the message at anytime and a Tesla advisor will reach out to me. I have been text mates with whoever is on that other line lol

Model 3 Long Range/black paint/black interior/aero wheels/no FSD
Order Date: February 26, 2022
EDD 1: May (original on order date)
EDD 2: March 18 - March 31 (updated on February 28)
EDD 3: May 19 - June 16 (updated on March 8)
EDD 4: March 29 - March 31 (updated March 13)

Maybe my Model 3 is in the end of quarter batch after all. We will see.

Model 3 Long Range/black paint/black interior/aero wheels/no FSD
Order Date: February 26, 2022
EDD 1: May (original on order date)
EDD 2: March 18 - March 31 (updated on February 28)
EDD 3: May 19 - June 16 (updated on March 8)
EDD 4: March 29 - March 31 (updated March 13)

Maybe my Model 3 is in the end of quarter batch after all. We will see.
Makes me a bit sad I've ordered a week before you and I've received zero updates so far. I'm itching to own my first EV.