Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got a mYp EDD late March that I’d like to swap for a M3LR with EDD anytime now to May. Anyone interested? My price point is at 63999 (4k cheaper than now)

I might be interested. I got an M3LR (blue ext, black int,18 aero, no fsd) with EDD of May 05 - June 09. Price is also prior to latest 2 back to back increase.

I was going to PM you but can't figure out how.

Reactions: Tes1aract
Hello All!

This is my first Tesla venture and I'm so looking forward to the experience. I was a bit late to the party and took the price increase hits, but it is what it is.
I enjoy reading all of your experiences, both good and not so good. Definitely a learning experience with so much good information here to keep me sane and avoid too many pitfalls.

I do have one question that was previously addressed by another, having to do with extending delivery time (put order on hold). I have some financial issues that dictate accepting delivery early September (or late August at the earliest).

1. At what point in the order cycle should I reach out to Tesla and explain my situation? I would think before a VIN is assigned, but not sure.
2. What is the best method of making this request to Tesla? Text to SA, phone call?

Thanks in advance!

OD 3/16 Newark, DE - Pickup Cherry Hill, NJ
M3LR, Blue/Black, 18", No FSD
EDD original May, then June10-July 22.

I do have one question that was previously addressed by another, having to do with extending delivery time (put order on hold). I have some financial issues that dictate accepting delivery early September (or late August at the earliest).

1. At what point in the order cycle should I reach out to Tesla and explain my situation? I would think before a VIN is assigned, but not sure.
2. What is the best method of making this request to Tesla? Text to SA, phone call?
Texting your SA is always the best starting point. My understanding is that holds can only stay in place for about 90 days, and Tesla really doesn't like long holds - especially in times of rising prices. I know that there was a recent round of emails sent out to tell people that their holds were being ended. It was probably an end-of-quarter thing (Q1 2022). It looks like they did it at the end of Q4 2021 as well. We're just at the end of Q1 and you want to take delivery at the end of Q3. It'll be a stretch. The only strategy that I can think of is to wait until you see a 2 week EDD window and then go for the hold.

Order backlog may jam things up for a while and you won't see a delivery in your current EDD, or the Austin factory coming online may clear it all out and you'll get an even earlier delivery. Who knows?

I took the plunge. First Tesla and first EV ordered today. I am very much an internal combustion guy at heart, but the recent gas prices has really killed the joys of owning an ICE car. Driving dynamic is still very important to me and the trends of automakers making more SUV EVs really limited my choices. The Model 3 LR AWD delivered the best bang for the buck. I'm going to miss shifting my own gears and hearing the rumble of an engine, but I won't miss the gas prices!

OD: 14/3/2022 w/ pick up in Ottawa, ON, Canada
M3LR, PWMC, Black interior, 18" Aero, no FSD
EDD: July 2022

Texting your SA is always the best starting point. My understanding is that holds can only stay in place for about 90 days, and Tesla really doesn't like long holds - especially in times of rising prices. I know that there was a recent round of emails sent out to tell people that their holds were being ended. It was probably an end-of-quarter thing (Q1 2022). It looks like they did it at the end of Q4 2021 as well. We're just at the end of Q1 and you want to take delivery at the end of Q3. It'll be a stretch. The only strategy that I can think of is to wait until you see a 2 week EDD window and then go for the hold.

Order backlog may jam things up for a while and you won't see a delivery in your current EDD, or the Austin factory coming online may clear it all out and you'll get an even earlier delivery. Who knows?
Yes, a roll of the dice. Thank you for the detailed info! 😀

Reactions: JB47394