Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my M3LR for about 2 weeks now and the front paint is getting peppered with rock chips already. I asked the tint shop for a PPF quote 2 days before delivery. He told me he had to order it and it would be 2 week wait. So I decided not to. So for anyone wanting PPF I suggest u go right from the dealership to get it. I watched a few videos on “if it’s worth it”…for re-sale I didn’t see the payout outweigh the amount. I think it’s more a peace of mind thing than anything. After the first couple chips I was just like “ehh it is what it is” 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have had my M3LR for about 2 weeks now and the front paint is getting peppered with rock chips already. I asked the tint shop for a PPF quote 2 days before delivery. He told me he had to order it and it would be 2 week wait. So I decided not to. So for anyone wanting PPF I suggest u go right from the dealership to get it. I watched a few videos on “if it’s worth it”…for re-sale I didn’t see the payout outweigh the amount. I think it’s more a peace of mind thing than anything. After the first couple chips I was just like “ehh it is what it is” 🤷🏼‍♂️
Do you mind me asking what you expect to pay?

I called the 1888 number and talked to a rep and he was super helpful.

I just asked if there was any existing or cancelled orders that matched my order and there was only one in Colorado so I'd have to go there to take delivery of it.

I'm in Texas, but if I did, would I pay Colorado tax or Texas tax?

I called the 1888 number and talked to a rep and he was super helpful.

I just asked if there was any existing or cancelled orders that matched my order and there was only one in Colorado so I'd have to go there to take delivery of it.

I'm in Texas, but if I did, would I pay Colorado tax or Texas tax?
I would assume you'd pay the tax for where the car would get registered... In your case would be Texas.

Decided to take the plunge and fork over an extra 1,000 for the white interior. Ordered 2/28 May EDD per website
Account said EDD 5/20-6-17
And a week or two ago got my first EDD update to 4/29-6/3.
Today switched from black to white interior.
Model 3LR white with 18” in Fresno, CA
You won’t regret it. The white pops!

I ordered a black model 3 long range with 19" sport wheels on March 12 at 10:43 p.m. est. It originally said May as a target date. I woke up on the 13th and it said March 26-31. I reached out to Tesla and they said that date will move around until I get a VIN number but that may be a while. I woke up on the 14th and had a vin number and a delivery date of March 19-26. Then later that day I was given a 3 day window for deliver. I selected Sunday March 27 at 2:30. Yesterday (March 22) they let me know that my car is still in transit and I won't be able to take deliver until March 30. That's really frustrating but at least it's not being pushed out to August to October. I'm really surprised to hear that.
Did you order with FSD?

Does anyone know how I can change from LR to Performance while keeping the original price?

Refer to my reply earlier on this thread. There is a way for you to pre-view what your new price will be when changing trim or options within the same model

Reactions: Sheefo2k