Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered a wall charger to install in my garage. Does anyone know if the glass roof needs the sun screens or not? I'm not familiar with how good the tint is. I believe there is some tint to the glass roof but I've had cars with a tinted sun roof that made the sun unbearable during sunny days.
I ordered the sun screens as I only plan to tint the back portion of the glass (not the front half). From what I felt the glass tends to get hot and will radiate heat down. The sun shades can help with that.

I ordered on 3/9 and currently have an EDD of May 29 - July 10. I live in KY but have to pick up in Ohio. As far as factors, the only thing that I can tell is that if you are "West Coast" you are likely to get your car sooner that those on the "East Coast". Other than that adding FSD seems to be the only thing that speeds up delivery.
I'm also in the same boat as you with selling my truck. I had a 2017 Ram 1500 crew cab 4WD. A couple of weeks ago I stopped to fill the truck up and it cost $82. I sold the truck that afternoon and ordered a Tesla.

Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Ordered my LR Model 3 (black) on Mar 15 and estimated delivery date is showing May 12 - June 16. I'm sure it'll be delayed, as that's the way things are going. Sold a Ford truck that was costing $500-$600/month in fuel, not to mention the payments. So until the new car comes, I won't have a vehicle payment. Used that "extra" cash to pre-pay to have the windows tinted (5%), ordered a wall charger that'll be installed this weekend, and a bunch of accessories recommended by Mike Suess' youtube channel. I'm likely the least patient person in the world which is what drove me to this site looking to see how often the estimated delivery dates are changed on folks before they actually get their cars. What are the factors? Anyone order around the same time and live in Indiana / Kentucky?
You are in good company! I’ve never met other people more impatient. 😂 However, I will say that I’m uncharacteristically impatient with Tesla. Not sure if it’s because of the EDD bouncing around teasing us and playing with our emotions or what other factors contribute to all of us refreshing the app the way that we do. I thought I was going crazy, then realized I’m completely normal among Tesla waiting room folks.

EDD algorithm seems like it changes daily, so we are all guessing these days. There’s always that one order that throws off our theories. For today, my conclusion, that others also share, is that East Coast is shafted near end of Quarter due to cost and distance to ship, but who the hell really knows what other factors influence individual EDDs. I’m here to tell you your impatience will get worse, but we all feel your pain, and you are not alone. 😝 Good luck!

Reactions: Junior86
You are in good company! I’ve never met other people more impatient. 😂 However, I will say that I’m uncharacteristically impatient with Tesla. Not sure if it’s because of the EDD bouncing around teasing us and playing with our emotions or what other factors contribute to all of us refreshing the app the way that we do. I thought I was going crazy, then realized I’m completely normal among Tesla waiting room folks.

EDD algorithm seems like it changes daily, so we are all guessing these days. There’s always that one order that throws off our theories. For today, my conclusion, that others also share, is that East Coast is shafted near end of Quarter due to cost and distance to ship, but who the hell really knows what other factors influence individual EDDs. I’m here to tell you your impatience will get worse, but we all feel your pain, and you are not alone. 😝 Good luck!
Not only are we guessing, but there is also the possibility that some people might be stretching the truth a bit when they spin their yarns.

Yes it is ..... i have purchased 3 teslas so far . the first 2 time it was the same number but this time its a different # but this is how i always communicate with them and they always get back to me within an hour . between business hours
I've had two simple questions and they did respond in a reasonable time but they never gave their name or anything so I wasn't sure if it was more like a call center.

To those of you who aren't able to text your SA, you can easily go find that text again - unless you deleted it. If it's gone, call Tesla and tell them what happened. Your SA can send you a new text so that you can get back to that line of communication.
This is probably a silly question but if they find you an available car that's the same as you had ordered is there anything we know of that you could possibly miss out on by not waiting? Anything like new chips that are thought to be coming over the next few months.
I haven't heard of anything, and I've been paying attention. I'm sure Tesla is not too interested in messing with their production lines to deal with a "refresh" given the order volume and the new production capacity that is coming online. If you find your car among Tesla's "new" inventory, go for it. I think the hardware feature set will remain stable for a while. If you're really nervous, you could wait for Elon's "Master Plan 3" to see if he has anything disruptive in mind.

Regardless, there's a lot of demand for the cars. Unless Tesla is coming out with something crazy like a teleporting car, you should be able to easily resell a car that you buy today.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Regardless, there's a lot of demand for the cars. Unless Tesla is coming out with something crazy like a teleporting car, you should be able to easily resell a car that you buy today.
Tomorrow it will be all over social media that on the "official" Tesla Motors forum, an insider slipped and told everyone that Elon would soon announce a teleporting car. 🤣

Saturday March 12 at 10:43 p.m. est. So late Saturday night. It'll be 18 days from order to delivery.
Wow thats so crazy I OD on Feb 16 and i live 15 mins from Fremont Factory. So hopefully I can get it soon. For about a month it has not change and the EDD is April 28 - May 26.

Config: M3LR, Pearl White, Black Inte, 18 in, and no FSD

Last edited:
Reactions: Cincybearcatfa