Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like your 2 week window. I’m still a 5 week window! And when trying to sell my current Tesla, and time it right, that makes it very difficult. I ordered a few weeks after you. Also in California

You are only 3 days away from the short estimate! Did you get a vin yet?????
I haven't get my VIN yet. My story was: when I had the EDD 3/17-3/27, I did not even have a VIN on 3/19. Then my EDD was pushed back to 4/18 - 5/23. It was a really bad experience.

Reactions: Ajlepore
Anyone who is including FSD should probably wait until after you've received the car. According to the web site, it no longer accelerates your order.

1. The Tesla web site says you can pay with a credit card, so you'll get a bunch of miles, or rebates or whatever.
2. If you're in a state with vehicle tax, that tax is probably based on the purchase price of the car, so you'll be paying vehicle tax on FSD as long as you own the car.

I wish that I had thought of this stuff before piling FSD on to accelerate my order. The vehicle tax is going to be really painful, and the rebate dollars would have been a nice swing in the other direction. Caveat Emptor.

Anyone who is including FSD should probably wait until after you've received the car. According to the web site, it no longer accelerates your order.

1. The Tesla web site says you can pay with a credit card, so you'll get a bunch of miles, or rebates or whatever.
2. If you're in a state with vehicle tax, that tax is probably based on the purchase price of the car, so you'll be paying vehicle tax on FSD as long as you own the car.

I wish that I had thought of this stuff before piling FSD on to accelerate my order. The vehicle tax is going to be really painful, and the rebate dollars would have been a nice swing in the other direction. Caveat Emptor.
When I ordered back in February, FSD moved your EDD up a bunch. I wanted FSD anyway, so I ordered it with the car. At the time, I didn't think about the extra $12,000 being added to the car making me pay all these taxes on SOFTWARE!

Reactions: Maric and Tinkerin
Hi all, new guy here thanks for the insights so far.
Config:
- M3LR
- MSM
- Black Interior
- 18" Aero Wheels
- No FSD
-Wall connector ordered, it is going in with my solar and Powerwall in 3 weeks.
OD: March 27
EDD (on order date) : Jun - Aug
EDD (on March 30 after completing details in-app) : Aug 6 - Oct 1

I applied for a trade-in and got my offer, I need to take pictures tomorrow and upload them. It is 3k below market to dealer and 4.5k below private so I will likely shop that around when the date gets closer. I actually looked into Carvana and Vroom and their offers were lower surprisingly.

Two questions: As far as completing the predelivery details, I don't have a checkmark next to the trade-in, still need to upload pictures and accept. Will that change my EDD any, or is the EDD everyone posts about the one in the account you see after completing the registration?

Also, what does SA stand for, I assume someone from Tesla supporting your delivery details?
Welcome to the waiting game and what will end up being the ultimate test of your patience! 🤣 I ordered 1/1/22, still waiting for a VIN. EDD 4/13 to 5/11. M3LR, Deep Metallic Blue, Black Interior, Aero, No FSD.

Reactions: Theraven
I drive by my local Tesla store/service center on my way to/from work. This evening it was BARE.

Maybe one Model 3 and one Model S on the PDI/delivery lot and the service lot was maybe half full. Usually both sides are pretty full and even this morning I don’t remember it being abnormally empty.

🤔maybe they did indeed stop production for some sort of change over and that’s why a lot of our EDDs have not been moving or even getting extended longer.

I drive by my local Tesla store/service center on my way to/from work. This evening it was BARE.

Maybe one Model 3 and one Model S on the PDI/delivery lot and the service lot was maybe half full. Usually both sides are pretty full and even this morning I don’t remember it being abnormally empty.

🤔maybe they did indeed stop production for some sort of change over and that’s why a lot of our EDDs have not been moving or even getting extended longer.
Let’s hope we get some cool new features for Q2!

Reactions: Maric and E90alex
A quick morning update, as of this morning
Original EDD: March 2022
2nd EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 28
3rd EDD: Mar 2 - Mar 15
4th EDD: Mar 5 - Mar 28

No VIN assigned yet.

I think you'll see a VIN in the next 3-5 days. My SA said the car was scheduled to be built March 3rd, which I'll take with a grain of salt because every other SA conversation I had they are tight lipped about it. But regardless, they want to wrap up these orders in Q1 and I think EOM is going to be pretty accurate for you, especially given when you ordered.
Is SA means sales agent? Thanks.

Reactions: mystryman007