Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey hey hey guys I’m back. Any updates on feb orders?
2/12 OD . After the push back to may4-jun4 mine hasn’t budged in 3 weeks 👎🏼
From my observation, based on comments on this site, mid-Feb represented some kind of cut off - some folks got their order by EOQ, others got bumped to late April/May. It’s like you were either in or out. Not necessarily any rhyme or reason other than config and location and luck of the draw. I do also think cancelled orders may have played a part as well, whether the buyer knew or not. FWIW when I ordered it said April. Others who ordered right around me said May. To me that was indicative of the cut-off occurring. I picked mine up March 29, a little over 6 weeks wait. So for me the EDDs, though jumpy, worked as advertised.

I drive by my local Tesla store/service center on my way to/from work. This evening it was BARE.

Maybe one Model 3 and one Model S on the PDI/delivery lot and the service lot was maybe half full. Usually both sides are pretty full and even this morning I don’t remember it being abnormally empty.

🤔maybe they did indeed stop production for some sort of change over and that’s why a lot of our EDDs have not been moving or even getting extended longer.
It's probably because of their end of quarter push. They probably off-loaded all of their inventory. I'm sure in the coming weeks it'll fill back up with vehicles.

It's probably because of their end of quarter push. They probably off-loaded all of their inventory. I'm sure in the coming weeks it'll fill back up with vehicles.
I think it was 100% about the end of the quarter. They focused on the ones they felt they could get out the quickest and now it's back to a more normal delivery schedule.

Is SA means sales agent?
Service Advisor
maybe they did indeed stop production for some sort of change over
You can be sure that they're running flat out. The pause in deliveries is inevitable after the end of the quarter. They packed up trains and trucks to get as many deliveries out as possible at the end of the quarter. Now there's going to be a pause while they work to load up the next set of trains or trucks. Keep an eye on that showroom to see how often the lot is empty during the course of the quarter. I think you'll find that the lot will ebb and flow regularly.

Don't expect any refreshes anytime soon because Tesla needs to build cars as fast as possible. The demand is huge and the longer they force people to wait, the more likely they are to look elsewhere for a car. Tesla may well spend a lot of R&D resources figuring out the next great set of changes they can make to their vehicles, but interrupting the flow of production would require some significant improvements to the bottom line for Tesla.

Edit: Model 3 Long Range orders on the web site are showing June - August 2022 regardless of configuration.

Last edited:
Service Advisor

You can be sure that they're running flat out. The pause in deliveries is inevitable after the end of the quarter. They packed up trains and trucks to get as many deliveries out as possible at the end of the quarter. Now there's going to be a pause while they work to load up the next set of trains or trucks. Keep an eye on that showroom to see how often the lot is empty during the course of the quarter. I think you'll find that the lot will ebb and flow regularly.

Don't expect any refreshes anytime soon because Tesla needs to build cars as fast as possible. The demand is huge and the longer they force people to wait, the more likely they are to look elsewhere for a car. Tesla may well spend a lot of R&D resources figuring out the next great set of changes they can make to their vehicles, but interrupting the flow of production would require some significant improvements to the bottom line for Tesla.

Edit: Model 3 Long Range orders on the web site are showing June - August 2022 regardless of configuration.

I ordered mine earlier this week when the site said June - August 2002. After the I placed the order, my delivery date August - October. Unfortunate.

Service Advisor

I know. Just teasing/wishful thinking on my part. Not expecting any major changes but Tesla has been known to make running changes to production all the time. (Removing lumbar, removing radar, heated wiper park, Ryzen chip, Li-ion 12V battery, etc etc)

Hoping for some minor updates that Giga Shanghai already has added to Model 3 like a new wiper arm with extra spray nozzle and Model Y style tail lights. Also previously rumored features like double glazed rear windows and ventilated seats that were floating around a few months ago would be nice.

Curious if anyone has ever received an updated EDD or VIN on a weekend.
I took a quick look at the spreadsheet and found several weekend VIN deliveries. I noticed a lot of Thursday, Friday and Tuesday VIN deliveries but I only looked at around 100 orders.

Has anyone received their car in the timeframe stated on the website at the time they placed their order?
Of course. Mine went off without a hitch - because my order was largely unaffected by Ukraine. Now we're in extraordinary times relative to logistics, and it's no surprise at all that Tesla is struggling to predict when cars will be delivered. You can be sure that they want to get your car to you as quickly as they can because they don't make money off of having your order on their books.

That doesn't make the waiting process any easier to endure. Even my "normal" delivery was stressful - in large part because I came here and heard people stressing and complaining. I think the best thing that anyone who is anxious about their order can do is stop reading this thread. Go do stuff. Time will pass and you'll get your car. Certainly worrying about it won't make it move any faster.

Oh, and after you get your car, absolutely do not watch the YouTube channels that show on-board footage of Teslas in accidents. Also stay away from any that show Sentry Mode events. After a few minutes of that stuff you'll be convinced that the entire world is out to get Tesla owners and their vehicles.

That push really sold a lot of cars, unfortunately not ours ;-)