Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know what’s worse: having no updates or having 5 of them so far. Especially when I got so close to my EDD last time.
And this is why we know it is insane with no rhyme or reason, because I’m sitting in AZ with a 2/15 order date, 4/22-5/20 EDD since the day after my order and not a single change. NONE for 50 days. Uggh. Just verify you’ve seen it please!!!

It can go down even if you don’t drive it. It’s based on current market pricing.
Yes I know but according to kbb, nada and blackbook the value hasn’t changed in 30 days. I’m going to call them and see if it can be adjusted. I know it’s a looooooonnnnggggg shot but I recall reading a thread perhaps here or elsewhere that the person was able to get his trade in value adjusted. It’s an algorithm that did it and I know because I got notification to renew it at 11pm last night and when I entered my odometer I had an offer in 3 minutes exactly. They weren’t even open. So I’m going to try and the worst they can say is no and if that’s the case then I’ll just trade elsewhere.

Reactions: jpaychek
Yes I know but according to kbb, nada and blackbook the value hasn’t changed in 30 days. I’m going to call them and see if it can be adjusted. I know it’s a looooooonnnnggggg shot but I recall reading a thread perhaps here or elsewhere that the person was able to get his trade in value adjusted. It’s an algorithm that did it and I know because I got notification to renew it at 11pm last night and when I entered my odometer I had an offer in 3 minutes exactly. They weren’t even open. So I’m going to try and the worst they can say is no and if that’s the case then I’ll just trade elsewhere.
I would definitely check other places for the trade-in. I literally have no car right now because my offer continued to go up at CarMax and I couldn't pass it up. My car had damage to the front and it made no difference at all. Many say dealerships that carry you specific car are also a great option. My dealer wanted my car and said they would beat CarMax's offer but they couldn't because of the damage and how far behind they were in getting parts.

I would definitely check other places for the trade-in. I literally have no car right now because my offer continued to go up at CarMax and I couldn't pass it up. My car had damage to the front and it made no difference at all. Many say dealerships that carry you specific car are also a great option. My dealer wanted my car and said they would beat CarMax's offer but they couldn't because of the damage and how far behind they were in getting parts.
Yea I’m definitely gonna revisit the other sites. I’m the beginning of all of this I did one with vroom, carmax, webuyanycar and a few others and teslas was only $600 lower than the highest and with the tax savings I went for it. Now with them taking $1600 off there’s no way…we’ll see what happens. I think it’s a classic bait and switch that they’re pulling by giving you a high offer and knowing full well they can’t deliver in that time frame and dropping it on you every 30 days even though the market value hasn’t actually dropped and meanwhile they’re making a killing on it wholesale. They shouldn’t offer prices until your car is here take it in when you go to pick up and the SA appraised it and boom…which I was told was an option btw so I know they do it…guess that’d be too much like right.

I’ve read several posts from others of the same exact thing happening. When I was looking into a car from my local dealer they offered me a price and said if I accept and we agree on price my quote would be good until my car came in regardless of how many miles I put on it…as it should be. Yea yea I know they’re not a dealer but still, it’s the principle…but, I digress.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Is it better to not have any EDD changes or does if not matter?
I think it's better to have no changes because it says to me that the SA sees a stable situation for delivery. I'm too lazy to look, but I wonder if there's a correlation between EDDs jumping around and locations that are lower in volume. I'm in the DC area. That's far from Fremont, but we're seeing tons of vehicles here. That makes deliveries regular and allows the SAs to trust the delivery rate. The one twist on this is the potential for high margin orders to accumulate ahead of yours, pushing your car to the next batch of deliveries.

It’s been a rough few weeks of disciplining myself to not open the Tesla app. I can only imagine the wait a lot of you are going through..
I'd suggest checking it once a week. SAs are not proactive, and the first unsolicited text that I received was bugging me to confirm that I wanted to pick the car up on the day that I had chosen through the app. I learned of having a VIN, changes to my EDD, and picking my delivery date through the app.

Reactions: jpaychek
I'd suggest checking it once a week. SAs are not proactive, and the first unsolicited text that I received was bugging me to confirm that I wanted to pick the car up on the day that I had chosen through the app. I learned of having a VIN, changes to my EDD, and picking my delivery date through the app.

That is insane. I’ve been checking here and there but been trying to avoid opening the app every 2 hours haha. My SA is somewhat communicative so I’m hoping I get lucky with a better EDD as I requested for any cancellations that match my config or similar to it as long as it’s a LR red exterior.