Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've transitioned from anxiously waiting for MY VIN to anxiously waiting for ANYONE to get their VIN. I don't recall the last time I've seen somebody announce that they've received their VIN in here. So I turned to the spreadsheet. According to that, VINS have been still being assigned. But certainly seemed to have slowed down A LOT. The last VIN assigned was Tue Mar 29. That's one VIN in the last 10 days.

Also, I'm with those who haven't seen any changes to their EDDs in a long time. It's been about 45 days for me.

Yea I’m definitely gonna revisit the other sites. I’m the beginning of all of this I did one with vroom, carmax, webuyanycar and a few others and teslas was only $600 lower than the highest and with the tax savings I went for it. Now with them taking $1600 off there’s no way…we’ll see what happens. I think it’s a classic bait and switch that they’re pulling by giving you a high offer and knowing full well they can’t deliver in that time frame and dropping it on you every 30 days even though the market value hasn’t actually dropped and meanwhile they’re making a killing on it wholesale. They shouldn’t offer prices until your car is here take it in when you go to pick up and the SA appraised it and boom…which I was told was an option btw so I know they do it…guess that’d be too much like right.

I’ve read several posts from others of the same exact thing happening. When I was looking into a car from my local dealer they offered me a price and said if I accept and we agree on price my quote would be good until my car came in regardless of how many miles I put on it…as it should be. Yea yea I know they’re not a dealer but still, it’s the principle…but, I digress.
Definitely do the math if even with a reduced trade in amount you end up saving money if that goes towards lowering the sales tax in your state.
I sold my car earlier this year to CarMax, they offered way above any other dealer (Tesla was the backup option then) and the sales managers all told me to go with CarMax because they couldn’t best that price. CarMax originally kept lowering my value after it expired but when I got there to do the actual transaction they produced a price higher than the initial offer. Not sure if that was a mistake but I gladly took it.

Technically you’ll have to pay taxes if you sell the car with a win, so that’s something worth considering as well. Our case was that it is a car that I bought out of a lease so the sales price was way lower than my trade in now, so the smartest thing would have been to trade it in vs. Selling, but the savings in insurance and the overhead of two cars made up for the difference so we went for it.

So I've transitioned from anxiously waiting for MY VIN to anxiously waiting for ANYONE to get their VIN. I don't recall the last time I've seen somebody announce that they've received their VIN in here. So I turned to the spreadsheet. According to that, VINS have been still being assigned. But certainly seemed to have slowed down A LOT. The last VIN assigned was Tue Mar 29. That's one VIN in the last 10 days.

Also, I'm with those who haven't seen any changes to their EDDs in a long time. It's been about 45 days for me.
It's not like the spreadsheet is a hotbed of activity anyways. I take the spreadsheet with a grain of salt.
spread.jpg

I asked my SA if it was a good thing that my edd has not changed since my 3/7 OD. He responded “that is definitely a good thing”

Edd : 5/27 - 6/24
I asked my SA the same thing and he gave me a similar answer. I have an early May-June EDD that has never changed and he stated that meant I can definitely expect my vehicle somewhere in May.

I asked my SA the same thing and he gave me a similar answer. I have an early May-June EDD that has never changed and he stated that meant I can definitely expect my vehicle somewhere in May.
I'm now gonna choose to believe that it's a good thing that many of us haven't had any sort of EDD update then, and that we will get our cars on the earlier side of our only EDD 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Russticle

We have the same OD 2/11 and I also have not had an update since 2/14. I think we will see our cars in April.