Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I called the Tesla 800 number after seeing somebody upgrade to the performance model without paying the new pricing. My SA told me I’d have to go to the new pricing. That has since changed according to the lady I spoke to. What she couldn’t say is whether or not my delivery date would be pushed back.

I’ve been flip flopping on rather to go the performance since day 1 but I think I’ll just pay for the acceleration boost instead.

The second thing I learned was that she said she could see my car was in production. That leads me to believe even though my EDD moved back today it will hopefully move back up. Any insight into this?

Ok, I called the Tesla 800 number after seeing somebody upgrade to the performance model without paying the new pricing. My SA told me I’d have to go to the new pricing. That has since changed according to the lady I spoke to. What she couldn’t say is whether or not my delivery date would be pushed back.

I’ve been flip flopping on rather to go the performance since day 1 but I think I’ll just pay for the acceleration boost instead.

The second thing I learned was that she said she could see my car was in production. That leads me to believe even though my EDD moved back today it will hopefully move back up. Any insight into this?
Looks like I have to call the 800 number to see what’s going on.

Reactions: phishphan
So, I spoke with John after calling the Tesla 800 number (+1-888-518-3752).
He said based on what production has on my file, my car should be made in mid-May with delivery by end of May.
He also said that they are having delays at the factory due to material issues, so production has slowed.
At least I have a better answer.
That is useful. Thanks TJ. When I purchased avg delivery was 53 days. I’ve now passed that. Just so hard to wait, and then add that some of us have had zero updates since the original. I don’t do good waiting 30 mins for pickup when they promise 15. This is killing me.

I called Tesla this morning after getting my 7th EDD since ordering. I was about to enter my EDD window (April 11-25), when I got bumped back to May 9 - June 13 today.

I spoke with a really nice rep named John at the 800 number. I asked what was going on, and he looked up my account. He said that the factory currently has my car scheduled for production in mid-May, with delivery expected by end of May. Ok, I'm cool with getting that answer. It's the only time Tesla has told me anything other than the same thing that's on my app.

I asked how I had managed to get so close to my EDD and then being pushed out again. Here's what he said:

They are experiencing supply chain issues, which is causing production to fall behind. He didn't elaborate on what shortages are causing the delays, but he did flat out say that the factory has slowed production.

So, there you have it. If you keep getting new EDD's, it's not just you. It's something I think most of us have been worried about, and that's Tesla getting enough material to cover the demand.

Model 3 Long Range/black paint/black interior/aero wheels/no FSD
Order Location: Southeastern United States
VIN Status: not assigned
Order Date: February 26, 2022
EDD 1: May (original EDD on order date)
EDD 2: March 18 - March 31 (updated on February 28)
EDD 3: May 19 - June 16 (updated on March 8)
EDD 4: March 29 - March 31 (updated March 13)
EDD 5: May 11 to June 15 (updated March 18)
EDD 6: April 28 - May 12 (updated April 10)

Same exact config, in ATL, but my EDD has been stuck at May 4 - June 1 for 5 weeks now.

Same as mine but I have white interior and FSD.
Interesting that you ordered 3 days after me and are located on the other side of the country, yet have an earlier EDD.
I wonder if it's the white interior that's the issue? 🤔

Same as mine but I have white interior and FSD.
Interesting that you ordered 3 days after me and are located on the other side of the country, yet have an earlier EDD.
I wonder if it's the white interior that's the issue? 🤔
I'm sure my EDD will change again. I think the date when you get your Tesla delivered depends on when a train or truck that is full of Teslas is headed to your part of the country. I have no idea how they queue up those trains or trucks.