Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/12, EDD went down to a two week window: April 22 - May 6.
LR/Blue/Black/Aeros/No FSD
No VIN as far as I can tell so far.

Getting the outlet installed right now.
Maybe they're going to start shipping the blue ones. M
Woohoo update for me too this morning.

From April 20-may 18, narrowed to April 29 - may 12
same here - new EDD 4/17-4/30 from 4/18-5/16 🤞

Like some of you, this morning we woke up to a shortened EDD!

[fingers crossed]

Screenshot_20220415-084026__01.jpg

Oh YEAH !!! I got the similar update too... (in fact I checked my app after seeing your post and just this morning the EDD range shrunk to 2 week window.
Lets see how it goes. I will be picking up at Mt.Kisco, NY.

EDD: 5/4 - 6/1 to 5/2 - 5/16
Got a sorta similar update today from 5/2-6/6 down to 5/4-6/1 (hoping this means I'll get my car in May!)

I'll be honest, felt a little nerdy that I couldn't wait to get into work and tell the Tesla forum my EDD updated today haha

Anyone else notice that more folks are getting VINs assigned even while they have a 4 week EDD window or is it just me grabbing onto any lost hope there is? Maybe those were outliers?

Since my 5 day EDD window in March (aka the ultimate Tesla-tease), I’ve been trying to decipher their random EDD window patterns. There appears to be zero science to their methods, but my brain wants to make sense of it. I mean, there’s got to be someone who coded their EDD algorithm…someone among the masses knows their secret…😝

I called Tesla's 800 number to ask a few questions but really didn't get any info that was that valuable. My main question was about what I should do when my financing window runs out and he told me to move it to cash and wait to reapply once I have the VIN. I asked if he had any additional information about my delivery time and he said no. I also asked his thoughts on when VINs are going out in terms of how long before actual delivery and he said 2-3 weeks is what they're seeing now. Also, I asked about the location of delivery having an impact on actual delivery times and he said it really didn't factor in a lot.

Again, nothing really new there but thought I would pass it along.

I called Tesla's 800 number to ask a few questions but really didn't get any info that was that valuable. My main question was about what I should do when my financing window runs out and he told me to move it to cash and wait to reapply once I have the VIN. I asked if he had any additional information about my delivery time and he said no. I also asked his thoughts on when VINs are going out in terms of how long before actual delivery and he said 2-3 weeks is what they're seeing now. Also, I asked about the location of delivery having an impact on actual delivery times and he said it really didn't factor in a lot.

Meh, its not like a Tesla rep would tell you "oh yeah east coasters generally have to wait longer".

Our OD and EDs are very similar though I’m much closer to the plant so time will tell regarding location and delivery dates.

Reactions: imakeplasma
Meh, its not like a Tesla rep would tell you "oh yeah east coasters generally have to wait longer".
Our discussion was more about specific locations close to the customer. In my case, South Carolina doesn't have a Tesla center so I could go to Charlotte, NC or Atlanta. From what he was seeing there wasn't a significant difference in delivery times. There is no question it's different when looking across the country and comparing one coast to the other.

Reactions: Junior86
That sounds painful...

What were you given for pick up location options? I see you're Littleton. That would've only been a couple hours away for me (SE Wyoming), but the only option I was presented was Salt Lake City (like, 3x as far).

Mind you, if given the choice between driving farther or waiting longer... 😬
Painful indeed my friend!

My primary options were Littleton and Superior CO. Superior would have been a lot closer to me but they were impacted by the fires so I had to go with Littleton.

Tbh if given the choice I would totally drive further rather than wait any longer at this rate (hindsight’s 20/20 though lol). I’d take a road trip too CA if I had to. Nothing more frustrating than seeing people with the exact same config getting their VINs and delivery dates after only like 50-70 days just because theyre in a different location! Once I hit day 100 I have slowly digressed into a state of hysteria and general frustration lol!!

Reactions: jpaychek
Hello all, first post here. I origianlly ordered a M3RWD on 1/18/22. The EDD was June and then moved all of the place but ended up in July/August. I read that adding FSD would move my EDD up so I added it on 3/22. It moved the delivery date up to April 27-May 11.

However, this morning, my EDD changed to May 11- May 25. Given everything I saw in the RWD waiting room regarding very long wait times and the fact that I had been second-guessing my LFP vs LR decision, I went over to the local Tesla showroom this morning and asked that they allow me to edit my order. I am now expecting delivery of a M3LR, Red/Black, 18” wheels, no FSD between 5/11 and 5/25. The pricing was the same as if I had placed this order on 1/18.

I am not sure what the person I worked with could see on her computer screen, but she seemed fairly confident that I should expect delivery in May. She also indicated that they would be getting demo cars this month and set me up an appointment for an overnight demo of a M3LR so that I can get used to it before delivery.