Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that too, along with all the handles being chrome? I thought they were all changed to black since 2021?
I'm taking my Aeros off right away and they can keep them FAIC. We got the center cap/lug covers for ours. Heck, just think of the plastic saved if we could choose the option to leave them off of the order. That would make Gretta proud.

• Funny
Reactions: RuTang and Junior86
My concern is that a car without port cannot be charged. So if it has to wait for the port for a couple of weeks, the battery state of charge can drop below 10% which is bad for its life span.
Nah. The claimed rate on the web is about 1% per day, and I leave my car in the driveway for several days at a time without losing even 1%. I probably check the car's status a couple times a day (waking it up). I would assume that Tesla would have the brains to turn everything off on vehicles that cannot be charged. That's assuming that they, in fact, cannot be charged at all. I wouldn't be surprised to find that a tech can charge them even without an installed charge port.

Oh, a random additional observation. When I first got the car and looked at the performance screen that shows Wh/mi over time, there was a huge spike at the very start of the chart. I assume it was a result of a max power test at the factory on a dynamometer. It was at least 900 Wh/mi at the start, and gradually came back down to zero. The rated average for the car is 258 Wh/mi.

Last edited:
I'm taking my Aeros off right away and they can keep them FAIC. We got the center cap/lug covers for ours. Heck, just think of the plastic saved if we could choose the option to leave them off of the order. That would make Gretta proud.

They probably need to include them in the purchase to meet EPA estimates on mileage. Your range wouldn't be the same and someone would definitely whine about it.

weird how you and a couple of others I saw on here getting VINs but with EDDs still quite a bit away. whilst many of us with 2 week windows that are super close, don't. just chalk it up to another one of those EDD anomalies 🤷‍♂️
I want to know so bad that I want to work at tesla to see how they assign VINs. My guess is like this guy has a nice name oh lets ignore the line and give him the car. The crazy thing is the person OD after me got a VIN twice. That crazy, im not even mad LOL. 😭

One more thing i meant to mention. I had been going back and forth on changing to the performance model since ordering and I’m glad I didn’t now. The LR is PLENTY fast enough for us. That was unbelievable! The used one that I test drove off a used car lot was NOT that fast. I was adamant I’d be buying acceleration boost but I no longer think that is needed. Unless, do they include AB on the test drive vehicles?

I want to know so bad that I want to work at tesla to see how they assign VINs. My guess is like this guy has a nice name oh lets ignore the line and give him the car. The crazy thing is the person OD after me got a VIN twice. That crazy, im not even mad LOL. 😭
I feel the same way! I want to look at the code behind the system. Did one guy write it 5 years ago, quit, and now no one knows how in the heck it works?

Reactions: Ajlepore
So I’ve been pretty anxious on when I can get my car since I found the vin on Monday and with the constant pushback of my 4 day window i emailed my SA. I have plans to do some backcountry camping where there’s no cell reception next week. He called me back to basically tell me the EDD on the app means nothing and just wait for the call. I sure hope the call doesn’t come when I’m deep in the woods cuz he said if I missed the call it’s possible I’ll be skipped over…

What is the point of EDD if it doesn’t mean anything at all? It’s like the Google map eta which is always “correct” cuz it’s updated dynamically as you are driving. It makes sense to do that when the timeframe is within 10-20 minutes. However, with this car and how fluid the edd has been, its days and weeks of anticipation and switching plans around 😩

• Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
One more thing i meant to mention. I had been going back and forth on changing to the performance model since ordering and I’m glad I didn’t now. The LR is PLENTY fast enough for us. That was unbelievable! The used one that I test drove off a used car lot was NOT that fast. I was adamant I’d be buying acceleration boost but I no longer think that is needed. Unless, do they include AB on the test drive vehicles?
If the vehicle is in Chill mode, the 0-60 time is 7.58s regardless of battery charge. In Standard mode, a high SoC will get you 4.2s numbers while a lower SoC will get reduced acceleration. I suspect you were driving in Chill for the used one.

Last edited:
If the vehicle is in Chill mode, the 0.60 time is 7.58s regardless of battery charge. In Standard mode, a high SoC will get you 4.2s numbers while a lower SoC will get reduced acceleration. I suspect you were driving in Chill for the used one.
Ah, that makes sense. It had to have been in chill mode because it was night and day difference.

$500 in maintenance every 2 years is nothing compared to having to do oil changes every 3k miles and all the other typical maintenance for an ICE car. Especially when you compare what it costs for maintenance on something like a Lexus or BWM that's in the same price range. My Lexus takes synthentic oil and it's at least $100 for every oil change. A routine maintenance trip was probably $300-$500 twice a year.
Thank you for your insight! It helps to put all of this in perspective.

Reactions: southpaw407
What is the point of EDD if it doesn’t mean anything at all? It’s like the Google map eta which is always “correct” cuz it’s updated dynamically as you are driving. It makes sense to do that when the timeframe is within 10-20 minutes. However, with this car and how fluid the edd has been, its days and weeks of anticipation and switching plans around
What happens to the Google Map ETA when there's an accident a couple miles in front of you? Or a heavy rainstorm cuts visibility to 20 feet? Or a long train is slowly crossing the road ahead of you? That's analogous to what Tesla is facing with the global supply problems. The supply problems aren't all of it, but they're a big part.