Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Tesla LR AWD White, 18" aero wheels on Feb 12th from Scottsdale, Arizona. Had a delivery date of 29April to 30th May for a long time since it got pushed to 1st June to 1st July last week. Went to the Tesla showroom yesterday to check and they informed me that 1st June to 1st July is the realistic timeline for me. Definitely feel that the orders in Arizona are being delayed :confused:
I'm picking up in Scottsdale also, you can see my dates in the signature. Still waiting.

Reactions: ARamAZ
Just test drove a M3LR. Two things:I actually met my SA which was surprising and he knew me by name. 😬

He did confirm the missing charge ports and they are expecting them in two weeks. He was shocked that I had heard about it already.

SLC had a bunch just waiting on the ports. You can see the tape over them in the pic below.

Edit: he said multiple times I should have my car by summer. Yikes?

Attachments

• D007DF0D-4758-4C89-BB96-3F5021E3B021.jpeg
    D007DF0D-4758-4C89-BB96-3F5021E3B021.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 262
Just test drove a M3LR. Two things:I actually met my SA which was surprising and he knew me by name. 😬

He did confirm the missing charge ports and they are expecting them in two weeks. He was shocked that I had heard about it already.

SLC had a bunch just waiting on the ports. You can see the tape over them in the pic below.

I met with my local SA and he confirmed the same, they're waiting for the charge port. I'm in Seattle and they said the part has been shipped to SC, they just need to install it before they can deliver the car.

My concern is that a car without port cannot be charged. So if it has to wait for the port for a couple of weeks, the battery state of charge can drop below 10% which is bad for its life span.

Got a VIN! All the way over at the Eastern US. See below for OD & EDD info.

2022 M3LR / MSM / Black / 18s / No FSD [Knoxville, TN]
OD: 2/28 - DD 3/25 [Body Damage / Denied]
Back in Line: EDD 04/29-05/01 - Current EDD: 05/27-07/01 - VIN Assigned 04/28
weird how you and a couple of others I saw on here getting VINs but with EDDs still quite a bit away. whilst many of us with 2 week windows that are super close, don't. just chalk it up to another one of those EDD anomalies 🤷‍♂️

Also - the cars seem to have Aero wheels without the caps. Are they shipped this way, or were they removed for some reason?

Had my first test drive in a M3LR today. Comfortable seats, handles well and some road noise, but doesn't bother me. White exterior, black handles, wheels had aero covers. The fixed display screen is OK viewing-wise, but I plan to install a swivel screen mount which, even though several inches lower, would be a big plus for me.

It wasn't busy and I got to chat with two SA's (they call themselves Sales Agents here). Turns out one of them recognized my name and I found out her father is the older brother of a long-time co-worker and friend of mine. I had actually met her once when she was very young. Small world.

Anyway, I was asking the other guy about changing brake fluid and he said it's all done underneath the car and is only performed by Tesla as maintenance every two years. It also includes air filter, wiper blades and some other items. It costs $500 for this maintenance. Ouch!

NOTE: I can change the filter myself and I found a youtube video that shows how to change and drain the fluid, which I could remove /add fluid to top reservoir myself, but I don't feel comfortable putting the 2-ton car on jacks myself. And an auto shop would need to have a special lift to avoid damaging the batteries. Anyone have info or hearsay experience on this?

Reactions: Gor88

Wonder if my cars in there

Reactions: phishphan
Had my first test drive in a M3LR today. Comfortable seats, handles well and some road noise, but doesn't bother me. White exterior, black handles, wheels had aero covers. The fixed display screen is OK viewing-wise, but I plan to install a swivel screen mount which, even though several inches lower, would be a big plus for me.

It wasn't busy and I got to chat with two SA's (they call themselves Sales Agents here). Turns out one of them recognized my name and I found out her father is the older brother of a long-time co-worker and friend of mine. I had actually met her once when she was very young. Small world.

Anyway, I was asking the other guy about changing brake fluid and he said it's all done underneath the car and is only performed by Tesla as maintenance every two years. It also includes air filter, wiper blades and some other items. It costs $500 for this maintenance. Ouch!

NOTE: I can change the filter myself and I found a youtube video that shows how to change and drain the fluid, which I could remove /add fluid to top reservoir myself, but I don't feel comfortable putting the 2-ton car on jacks myself. And an auto shop would need to have a special lift to avoid damaging the batteries. Anyone have info or hearsay experience on this?
$500 in maintenance every 2 years is nothing compared to having to do oil changes every 3k miles and all the other typical maintenance for an ICE car. Especially when you compare what it costs for maintenance on something like a Lexus or BWM that's in the same price range. My Lexus takes synthentic oil and it's at least $100 for every oil change. A routine maintenance trip was probably $300-$500 twice a year.

A lot of garages have a compatible lift. I keep a set of these in my car to ensure it's always done right: https://teslapucks.com/shop?olsPage=products/4-pack-of-jack-pads