Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just test drove a M3LR. Two things:I actually met my SA which was surprising and he knew me by name. 😬

He did confirm the missing charge ports and they are expecting them in two weeks. He was shocked that I had heard about it already.

SLC had a bunch just waiting on the ports. You can see the tape over them in the pic below.

Edit: he said multiple times I should have my car by summer. Yikes?

Sadly, I see no Red Multicoats in that lot...

🤞

Reactions: phishphan
Here’s my hot take on the whole SA thing. Usually when people refer to texting their SA, they mean that they texted the number that they received a text from when they first placed their order.

I texted that number with a question that I had and got the typical copy/paste response. Then I asked if the person texted me was a service advisor at my local Tesla service center and this was their response: “This thread is monitored by Delivery Advisors in order to give you a prompt response”.

To me, this sounds like when you text that number it is sent to a general thread that a random delivery advisor will respond to. I’m fact, I’m wondering if you texted that number a week apart if you would even get the same person. Obviously, I don’t know this for sure but I have a hunch that there’s no such thing as having your own SA. But I don’t know for sure, so correct me if I’m wrong if anyone knows differently!
I have a SA only because we test drove and ordered from the Tesla location in my area.

That's all? You must be new here. :)

Hey All - New Member

I've received conflicting responses from Tesla SA's and seems people in here are more knowledgeable - if I were to edit the design of an existing order from the aero wheels to the 19"s, would I be sent to the bottom of the queue for that build configuration (as if I were placing a new order today), or would I be placed in the queue re-ordered based on my original OD? Most current EDD puts me in a spot where I won't have a car for a while and willing to pay to expedite but I'm not sure changing the wheels will do it.

M3LR, White, Black, Aero, no FSD.
OD 3/17 - EDD May
EDD #2 - July 12 - August 26
EDD #3 - June 7 - July 19
EDD #4 - August 2 - September 13
No you would not infact the 19" are more readily available. I talked to an employee that came in where I work and he said no and he also said when he put his car on hold and let it go he only had to wait another month.
Also if you play with the Order app without being logged in you can see the dates change closer when changing the wheels to 19".

Had my first test drive in a M3LR today. Comfortable seats, handles well and some road noise, but doesn't bother me. White exterior, black handles, wheels had aero covers. The fixed display screen is OK viewing-wise, but I plan to install a swivel screen mount which, even though several inches lower, would be a big plus for me.

It wasn't busy and I got to chat with two SA's (they call themselves Sales Agents here). Turns out one of them recognized my name and I found out her father is the older brother of a long-time co-worker and friend of mine. I had actually met her once when she was very young. Small world.

Anyway, I was asking the other guy about changing brake fluid and he said it's all done underneath the car and is only performed by Tesla as maintenance every two years. It also includes air filter, wiper blades and some other items. It costs $500 for this maintenance. Ouch!

NOTE: I can change the filter myself and I found a youtube video that shows how to change and drain the fluid, which I could remove /add fluid to top reservoir myself, but I don't feel comfortable putting the 2-ton car on jacks myself. And an auto shop would need to have a special lift to avoid damaging the batteries. Anyone have info or hearsay experience on this?
I’m 3 years in on my first Tesla and asked if I needed to do the 2 year thing and they told me no we aren’t recommending that anymore so I haven’t had to do any of that!

One more thing i meant to mention. I had been going back and forth on changing to the performance model since ordering and I’m glad I didn’t now. The LR is PLENTY fast enough for us. That was unbelievable! The used one that I test drove off a used car lot was NOT that fast. I was adamant I’d be buying acceleration boost but I no longer think that is needed. Unless, do they include AB on the test drive vehicles?

I've been under the impression I would order the acceleration boost before leaving the lot but you've got me second guessing myself now. Hell I asked my SA if it was possible to pre-pay for it and just install after taking delivery (of course they said hell no). Honestly was thinking this might please the EDD gods and somehow get my order bumped 3 spots closer to the top of the list.

I think I have about 20 different boxes of accessories that are waiting on a car that is at the delivery center, but without a charging port!
Finally had this installed today. No car. Lol
20220428_110020~2.jpg