Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A summary about connectors for those who missed it:

1. Cars ordered on or after April 28 will NOT have a connector included with the car (yes, that means that prior orders will have one)
2. The mobile connector is out of stock until August, and the price is $200 (reduced from $275) and will include both 110v and 220v adapters (there is an option to skip the 220v adapter, but it's the same price either way).
3. The corded mobile connector is out of stock until August, and the price is $200 (reduced from $400).
4. The wall connector is in stock, and the price is $400 (reduced from $475).

The old prices are from memory, so please forgive me if I got anything wrong there.

Note that people who order a car now probably won't get it until August anyway, so there shouldn't be a problem with charging. If there is a problem, then you can either go to a scalper on eBay (grrrrr TRIGGER) or use a Supercharger or other charging station option.

Have you put the pedal to the metal on a LR? If not, I doubt you will need the AB. I was in the same boat about buying it before driving off the lot as well. Now, not so much.
I haven't even sat in a Model 3 yet. So no, I haven't put the pedal to the metal unfortunately. Good thing for this guy.... it's not about NEEDING it. If it CAN go faster, I WANT it to for sure. To each their own though... I know it's a sizeable purchase for something hardly necessary.

• Informative
Reactions: Junior86 and figs45
Anyone able to help clarify what chargers, adapters, etc come with all orders before Tesla's decision to remove the mobile connector? I'm trying to decide what else I need to order before I receive my car and my SA has been a little unresponsive so I was hoping anyone here might know. Thanks!
Since I ordered before the Elon tweet I figure I’ll get the mobile connector. I’ve heard the 14-50 adapter doesn’t come anymore so I think I’ll keep my current one when I sell (heard it’s $45 I think)

EDD always updates on a Friday for me. I woke up to a two week window this AM!

EDD: 5/16 - 5/30

A little further out on the front end, but tightened up on the back end. Hoping to get a VIN soon and lock in financing before the FED has a chance to make things more expensive for me.
My credit union had a good rate that expires at the end of this month (1.89%) and they locked me in without a Vin yesterday

My credit union had a good rate that expires at the end of this month (1.89%) and they locked me in without a Vin yesterday
Yeah, I know I can lock something in for 30 days, but I’ve read so many posts about EDDs being pushed back so figured it’s safer to wait until a VIN is assigned to do financing, trying to avoid too many hard pulls on credit.

Reactions: imakeplasma
Got the two week window this morning also! New EDD: (5/6-5/20).

Must have just missed you yesterday @phishphan, I test drove a LR when they first opened at 10. Literally threw my neck out while doing a couple launches, and never even got the pedal all the way to the floor. I for sure wouldn’t have any use for the AB haha
Haha, that is funny. Glad you weren’t the person who test drove before us bc the SA had to rip him a new one. Apparently they had the car for nearly an hour instead of the 30 minutes allotted.

View attachment 798698

Installed 2 weeks ago....still waiting on car!
Is that mounted outside your house? I live in So Cal and I would be afraid that would be stolen. Currently catalytic converters are being stolen recently and one off my neighbor's car. I have a Superior Court judge in front and a sheriff next door and we think our neighborhood is safe but still stuff like this happens.
Where in California are you picking your car up? I'm picking up in the Sacramento area. I order 3/12 and have the same EDD and the same specs as yours.
Camarillo. CA Ventura County.. I think it's the Aero which I prefer with the MSM, so I'll wait it out

Haha, that is funny. Glad you weren’t the person who test drove before us bc the SA had to rip him a new one. Apparently they had the car for nearly an hour instead of the 30 minutes allotted.
Haha yeah definitely not me. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED the car and can’t wait for it, but after locking my neck up I was ready to return it to the dealership haha