Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD always updates on a Friday for me. I woke up to a two week window this AM!

EDD: 5/16 - 5/30

A little further out on the front end, but tightened up on the back end. Hoping to get a VIN soon and lock in financing before the FED has a chance to make things more expensive for me.
That's how FSD expedites delivery!
Ordered before you.
Same location.
Not even a single update so far.

100% agree.

Ford released earnings yesterday and Ford CEO says they will be the #1 EV manufacturer. So how are they going to do that? Well they are AIMING to produce 600k EVs by 2023. Umm, but didn’t tesla just produce over 900k last year, and will continue to scale up massively as berlin and Texas ramp up production?

these competitor CEOs are straight up lying.

and don’t even get me started with GM. ”GM is leading the transition to EVs” proclaimed Biden. Yet GM delivered a WHOPPING 457 EVs last quarter. What a joke.
The thing is though, EVs are selling like hot cakes and aggressively subsidized for most manufacturers. Sure it’s going to take time to scale production, but eventually the big guys will catch up - it’s not like they started from scratch with auto manufacturing. They have the money to spend on attracting talent from Tesla and don’t have to be concerned about demand. Tesla has their own quality control problems and prices their vehicles at levels unaffordable by most. Now if Tesla could provide a car at the 25k price point, that’d be a slightly different story ;)

Woke up to a 2 week window but no VIN. Anyone had issues with cancelling their trade in? Or selling with Carvana? They’re offering more to buy my trade in which is over what the sales tax discount would be.
I sold my car 2 months ago on Carvana and it was an amazing experience . They paid more than I expected and the process was super easy . I had a check in my hand 5 min after the rep came to my house with tow truck.

• Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
The thing is though, EVs are selling like hot cakes and aggressively subsidized for most manufacturers. Sure it’s going to take time to scale production, but eventually the big guys will catch up - it’s not like they started from scratch with auto manufacturing. They have the money to spend on attracting talent from Tesla and don’t have to be concerned about demand. Tesla has their own quality control problems and prices their vehicles at levels unaffordable by most. Now if Tesla could provide a car at the 25k price point, that’d be a slightly different story ;)
Tesla isn’t demand constrained, they’re supply constrained. And they probably won’t be demand constrained for years to come. Also, Tesla makes EVs differently and much more efficiently than the legacy car manufacturers have ever made vehicles (hence the gross margins that are significantly higher). For example, Tesla made over 70% less vehicles last quarter than GM, but had MORE revenue than GM did last quarter.