Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to hear you got a delivery date! I prefer the matrix just cause I like new tech and hope they can get them figured out to not blind other drivers.
My son (VIN 201xx) gets brights flicked at him all of the time thinking his are on so again, if the word Tesla being projected during the lightshow is only a feature with Matrix lights, then those are blinding other drivers as well.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-
I have the same OD as you and i am sitting at 05/10 - 05-24. I would think at most it would be end of may we should get our cars but it might depend on your build and location. I was at my delivery centre yesterday and saw the parking lot packed so i am hoping for some good news this week
I just got my vin today, 4 days before the start of my 2 week window, at the same time the EDD changed to a 4 day window

Has anyone here switched their order from RWD to LR through the design editor? Super young order here.

OD: 4/30
EDD: October 18 - December 13

My order was M3/RWD/MSM/18”/Black/No FSD and I modified it to M3/LR/MSM/19”/Black/No FSD.

Last I checked the LR EDD on the ordering page is Jul - Oct 2022, so I’m hoping at the very least I’d be on a new line for a different M3 that has a shorter EDD, though I’m still not going to expect it to arrive earlier than expected.
I did, and from my experience you will not be placed on the back of the line but together with those who ordered LR around the same time you put in your initial M3 order.

My SA replied
--
As for not taking this vehicle, that is up to you but there is no way to guarantee when you will be getting a car if you do not take this one. It could be months. On top of that there is no guarantee that a new headlight would even be available.

I have a 2021 tesla model 3 and the new headlights barely make any difference. Just my food for thought. Let us know what you want us to do for you
--
So I replied
--
I've been seriously waiting to get my Tesla as soon as possible. Currently, I have no car and it's really inconvenient without a car. However, I readily am going to take those risks that you mentioned, because it's so important for me.

Although I respect your thought, If it's not that important, why does Tesla still use the Matrix Light for the M3LR produced in May? If all the M3LR produced after 23/Apr were using the old light, I would've accepted it.

I feel like just so unlucky during rolling dice.

Please if there's no matrix light, then I would like to get another VINed M3LR.
--

I am not happy

Woke up to another day of fruitlessly checking the EDD every 5 minutes. I hope it’s okay to steer a bit off topic, there seems to be quite a few folks from Vancouver (BC) over here, any recommendations for 1-2 day trips over there near chargers? We might go visit in the summer if the Tesla ever arrives. Anything to take my mind off the wait.

Not sure where you want to go but there are handful of superchargers in and around town in the burbs. Our network isn’t quite as vast as you folks down south. I think if you’re planning a trip, see if the hotel you’re staying at offers charging. Whistler is also a great day trip or two in the summer too.

My son (VIN 201xx) gets brights flicked at him all of the time thinking his are on so again, if the word Tesla being projected during the lightshow is only a feature with Matrix lights, then those are blinding other drivers as well.

I get blinded by a lot of teslas, unfortunately. You may want to go into the service mode and lower the lights a tad to see if that helps at all.

Have also noticed lights are just getting brighter and brighter in general or everyone’s driving around with their high beams on. It’s hard to tell these days.

Has anyone here switched their order from RWD to LR through the design editor? Super young order here.

OD: 4/30
EDD: October 18 - December 13

My order was M3/RWD/MSM/18”/Black/No FSD and I modified it to M3/LR/MSM/19”/Black/No FSD.

Last I checked the LR EDD on the ordering page is Jul - Oct 2022, so I’m hoping at the very least I’d be on a new line for a different M3 that has a shorter EDD, though I’m still not going to expect it to arrive earlier than expected.

Go for it. I don’t think it would hurt. I swapped from a LR to P. Check my Sig for the timeline.

I get blinded by a lot of teslas, unfortunately. You may want to go into the service mode and lower the lights a tad to see if that helps at all.

Have also noticed lights are just getting brighter and brighter in general or everyone’s driving around with their high beams on. It’s hard to tell these days.
LED's completely changed night driving, great for the driver but terrible for anyone else.

Reactions: Spivas
2 questions if anyone can help. I uploaded my current insurance and got the “complete” sign. But “make your final payment” is still greyed out. This normal until an SA updates that? Or am I missing something? And 2. Typically how soon after VIN assignment do they schedule delivery? My financing expires 5/26 and just wanna get everything finalized before it expires

Currently on day 5 of the 4 day window EDD shifting. Was May 4-8, 5-9, 6-10. 7-11. 8-12. Texted SA who now has said "the part should arrive within the next couple WEEKS". Unclear if this person is at my local Tesla or is off site. Who knows. But, its absurd they expect us to just be ready at a moment's notice to pick the car up in a 72 hours window with no fair warning. Anyone come off of this 4 day EDD window shifting yet?

Attachments

• 20220508_123318.jpg
    20220508_123318.jpg
    713.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 20220508_123353.jpg
    20220508_123353.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Gor88
Currently on day 5 of the 4 day window EDD shifting. Was May 4-8, 5-9, 6-10. 7-11. 8-12. Texted SA who now has said "the part should arrive within the next couple WEEKS". Unclear if this person is at my local Tesla or is off site. Who knows. But, its absurd they expect us to just be ready at a moment's notice to pick the car up in a 72 hours window with no fair warning. Anyone come off of this 4 day EDD window shifting yet?
Same exact thing happening here. EDD keeps jumping back by a day every single day. At least you get some type of positive communication, all I get is..."the vehicle is being prepped and we'll let you know when it's ready". My car is literally sitting there and has been for a week...I've driven by and seen it and all.

Just checked a few minutes ago and the EDD is now a 4 day window (5/24-5/28). It's asking me for insurance, to review docs, final payment and etc. Logged in on desktop browser and found VIN# published ( I have been searching the vin in source code in the last week or so but it was never there ).

This also proves ( at least anecdotally ) That making changes to your order for a period of time after placing it does not make you go to back of line. I placed mine on 02/21 and kept changing the specs all until 03/15, and I'm getting my car together with the folks who ordered mid to late Feb. Hopefully this info helps some folks out there who is thinking of doing the same thing.

Question: I am out of town for a few days during memorial day weekend beginning 5/27. Will Tesla allow me to pick up a couple days later if I can't pick it up when they want me to?

Thanks all and y'all have been an awesome resource during this wait.
the car will arrive on 22nd likely. Call Tesla and they will schedule a soft delivery date and time for you for 23rd or 24th, assuming it has left factory.

Reactions: M3Kat and Junior86