Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen many screenshots of the app once a VIN has been assigned, but could anyone show a screenshot of what the "My Account" page looks like once you have a VIN? I've heard that more information about the car will show (Like "Your 2022 Model 3" instead of just "Your Model 3") Thanks in advance for taking the time!
Just says the VIN under the RN#, nothing really different so far.

EDIT: Says the above in the APP but in a web browser it says this.
1652124040443.png

It will depend on many factors, but basically, if you get the base LR model it will be closer to October, if you option it out with 19 inch wheels, paint, FSD it will be closer to July. And anywhere(and I do mean anywhere) in between.
They're interested in a vehicle with premium options. The base configuration is said to be September to December. The premium configurations are predicted to be July to October.

For a California delivery, I'd guess end of August. That's about 110 days from now, which is not much more than the wait people saw for mid-February orders - and that was before Ukraine when the order queue was much shorter. If the order was for the eastern states, I'd guess end of September, which is the end of the quarter.

Lastly is this a good time to order a model 3?
The best time to order was in January when stock prices were up, vehicle prices were lower, and the order backlog was shorter. The next best time is today.

There are no announced design refreshes of the vehicle, nor any technology changes for the hardware such as new battery types or manufacturing techniques (as are being applied to the Model Y). Further, price inflation has already been boosting the vehicle price and it may continue in the future. So there's no reason to delay.

Did anyone have any experience with Tesmaninan and Teslarati accessories?

I am in Canada and I had to pay a huge amount of shipping for Teslarati for 3dMaxPider. I don't know how good a Tasmanian website for Canada is.
Does anyone want to share their experiences?
Except for Amazon everything else looks like a risk.

They're interested in a vehicle with premium options. The base configuration is said to be September to December. The premium configurations are predicted to be July to October.

For a California delivery, I'd guess end of August. That's about 110 days from now, which is not much more than the wait people saw for mid-February orders - and that was before Ukraine when the order queue was much shorter. If the order was for the eastern states, I'd guess end of September, which is the end of the quarter.

The best time to order was in January when stock prices were up, vehicle prices were lower, and the order backlog was shorter. The next best time is today.

There are no announced design refreshes of the vehicle, nor any technology changes for the hardware such as new battery types or manufacturing techniques (as are being applied to the Model Y). Further, price inflation has already been boosting the vehicle price and it may continue in the future. So there's no reason to delay.
True, remove the 19 inch wheels and you are pushing 2023 delivery. Yowsa!

Reactions: JB47394
Hello everyone, we are looking into pulling the trigger on ordering a model 3 LR, the configurator says the EDD is July-Oct. how likely do you guys find that being true. Lastly is this a good time to order a model 3?
When I placed order mid February the configurator estimate was “May”. I have had a few EDDs as you can see from my sig but generally it is looking like I should get a late May delivery (fingers crossed!). Looks like they are giving a pretty open estimated date now (4 month instead of single month period). I would think you could feel relatively safe you will get the car in that window. I would be surprised if it is as early as July though.

I am in Canada and I had to pay a huge amount of shipping for Teslarati for 3dMaxPider. I don't know how good a Tasmanian website for Canada is.
I ordered from Teslarati, got my floormats from them. No issues at all.

I personally wouldn't... you'd essentially be playing russian roulette. They most certainly will release your vin to someone else but the major question would be how long would it take for you to be reassigned a vin? The way they're handing out vins like candy right now it may not take long but then again it might. I'm just gonna wait it out. I feel you on the lack of transparency and how annoying it is but I just want to take delivery and be done with these people. I don't want to prolong this any longer than I have to. I've had a vin since 4/26 with daily push backs since 4/30 so I figure it has to be soon right. If they don't hurry up and start delivering they'll have no place to put new arrivals and it'll just be a huge cluster****. My local center is full up so I figure any day now.
I heard they are renting out additional parking lots all over the place to store the cars so the space probably isn’t a real incentive for them to speed things along. I’ve seen posts about the parts taking anywhere between weeks to months to arrive according to different SAs, so it really is frustrating! You are right that it is a huge gamble but it was fun for a while to fantasize I had options and control over this whole mess

You could also try Costco for the 3DMaxpider mats. They were the best price around, I think they were $186 for the set. I had to buy the Trunk and Frunk mats from Amazon though as Costco does not carry them

Reactions: yvr_bbq
I heard they are renting out additional parking lots all over the place to store the cars so the space probably isn’t a real incentive for them to speed things along. I’ve seen posts about the parts taking anywhere between weeks to months to arrive according to different SAs, so it really is frustrating! You are right that it is a huge gamble but it was fun for a while to fantasize I had options and control over this whole mess
Renting out parking lots can’t be cost effective for them at all and neither can cars just sitting. They’re not getting paid for them while they just sit so I’m sure they want to move them as quickly as possible. As far as the part taking months to arrive is just preposterous. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed and hope for delivery soon.

I’ve had my vin since 4/25 with the the daily pushback due to parts and the lack of transparency is driving me crazy.
I wonder what would happen if I put my order on hold now. Would they release the vin to someone else? If so, I feel like I might actually get a car faster once they release my current vin, then I take away the hold , then get matched to a newer and complete car 🧐🧐🧐 will this work??
You would likely get pushed back a few months. You are better off just waiting it out. I can't see them taking more than another week or two depending on your location. They are probably just waiting for the ECU or something else.

Is anybody here in the situation of having passed the “rolling EDD window” phase (4-days window, everyday being pushed by a day, due to missing charge port part)? As in having now scheduled delivery?
Yes, my EDD was rolling each day last week. Sunday 5/8 I received a text to schedule delivery so I think my charge port ECU has arrived. Denver area delivery.

For future reference, Costco sells 3d maxpider mats (just 1st and 2nd row) through their online store.

Evaca is another good local company for accessories.

Reactions: figs45