Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else initially confirmed for a Service Center pickup and then ended up suddenly getting switched to home delivery instead? I wonder if the delivery volume is too high at the Tesla sites.
That would make sense. When I met my SA before the test drive recently he mentioned the locations are an absolute *sugar* show the last month or two of every quarter.

Wow, I hadn’t heard of that magnet thing. That looks to be very useful! Wonder if a software update could disable it? I assume it wouldn’t void a warranty?

The car "doesn't know it's there" so no risk of impacting the warranty. And it's legit just clips onto the wheel with the built in magnets so it would take all of 3 seconds to remove for a service appointment. I took it off to see the difference between driving with/ without it... completely night & day. Even without FSD it drives around town, on the interstate, and even rural roads with no intervention needed at all. You just have to be ready to stop at stoplights/ signs, or slow down to turn from one road to another. As long as you're staying in a lane for a while (any road type) just engage autopilot and relax. She holds the lane perfectly. I also found out it limits the speed based on posted speed limits if you're not touching the pedals, but if you want to go faster you can step on the accelerator but still don't have to steer the car.
Took my girls to the grocery store today and parked close to the doors. Turned on the boom box feature & let them fart at strangers. My girls and most of the random shoppers had some genuine laughs. It's the little things like this that make the car worth the money to me. Wholesome entertainment and family time all while bringing a smile to random strangers

Congrats on all the Vin numbers and upcoming deliveries!! Seeing all the Vins go out these pass couple of days had my hopes up. I was thinking I just might get a delivery in Q2. Unfortunately, my EDD was pushed back in line with my original window.

M3LR, MSM, Black, 19" SW, No FSD
OD 4/2/22
EDD#1 July 23-Sept 17
EDD#2 June 5-July 17
EDD#3 June 7-July 12
EDD#4 July 31-Sept 11

Congrats on all the Vin numbers and upcoming deliveries!! Seeing all the Vins go out these pass couple of days had my hopes up. I was thinking I just might get a delivery in Q2. Unfortunately, my EDD was pushed back in line with my original window.

OD 4/2/22
EDD#1 July 23-Sept 17
EDD#2 June 5-July 17
EDD#3 June 7-July 12
EDD#4 July 31-Sept 11
I ordered a week prior to you and have an edd similar to your prior one. Has me worried I may be pushed out now. I am also in AZ.

OD 4/2/22
EDD#1 July 23-Sept 17
EDD#2 June 5-July 17
EDD#3 June 7-July 12
EDD#4 July 31-Sept 11
We have the same edd hopefully all works out for both of us :)

The car "doesn't know it's there" so no risk of impacting the warranty. And it's legit just clips onto the wheel with the built in magnets so it would take all of 3 seconds to remove for a service appointment. I took it off to see the difference between driving with/ without it... completely night & day. Even without FSD it drives around town, on the interstate, and even rural roads with no intervention needed at all. You just have to be ready to stop at stoplights/ signs, or slow down to turn from one road to another. As long as you're staying in a lane for a while (any road type) just engage autopilot and relax. She holds the lane perfectly. I also found out it limits the speed based on posted speed limits if you're not touching the pedals, but if you want to go faster you can step on the accelerator but still don't have to steer the car.
Took my girls to the grocery store today and parked close to the doors. Turned on the boom box feature & let them fart at strangers. My girls and most of the random shoppers had some genuine laughs. It's the little things like this that make the car worth the money to me. Wholesome entertainment and family time all while bringing a smile to random strangers
Incredible. Looks like there are other, cheaper options out there as well? I showed my wife this and she said she’d never use it but I would. Thanks for posting about it and sharing your experience!