Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So has anyone been able to confirm that having your payment set as cash actually changes anything? I believe I put mine as 3rd party financing.
It eliminates the possibility of your financing approval expiring. Concensous seems to be leave it as cash, apply for financing immediately when your MVPA document become available which happens soon after VIN assignment, then tell Tesla to switch to 3rd party financing.

I ordered on the 20th and am still holding at an EDD of June 3-July 8th. Lynnwood, WA pickup. Hoping we get our cars during the end of Q2 push 🤞🏽
Lynwood is super backed up, from what I can tell. I ordered mine on Jan 27th and while I’ve had a VIN for 20 days, 19 of those my car has just been sitting on the lot waiting for a “software update” and inspection. Super hopeful for this week but at this point I’m trying not to stress anymore.

Just want to put everyone a little at ease :). We picked up our car Friday afternoon. It was an April build, and the assembly quality was very good. Only thing we found that needs fixing is the horn doesn't work if you press on the left side of the wheel. I took the checklist that is on this forum, but honestly are you going to through every item on there when you could be out driving your car? The checklist is helpful but I did most of it at home where I could check out the less obvious items (like any speakers not working) on my own schedule. You can pretty much walk around the car and get in all four seats and tell if there are any glaring issues. If you have OCD you'll be able to do the checklist but I'm a car guy and it looks great and drives great so I'm happy!

I have no idea how Tesla assigns VINs but if you're curious ours is 2386xx. It has the Global/matrix headlights, Ryzen chip, front dual pane windows.

Drove past Tesla today and stopped to see the lot. There was a m3 my exact spec in the delivery area with the customers name tag that said “may 14th” and it had the old headlights (vin 243). I’m now concerned about either getting his rejected vehicle (if he did reject it or not I don’t know), or my vehicle coming with old lights. My EDD is may 26- June 9.

Well the bad news is that we declined delivery on our Model 3 Long Range.

There was a severe paint defect that ran from the passenger side rear quarter panel all the way to the front quarter panel. Unfortunately, this was under the clear coat and painfully obvious. The advisors told us we could have it painted at the body shop if we wanted. We obviously declined as there was no way we were going to have a car that had to have a third of it repainted. The folks at Tesla were very nice and now we are back in the queue of late July end of August for delivery.

Our vin was 227654 and had a build date of 4/7/22.

Now we wait again....I will say this, the Tesla folks were very apologetic and I truly believe they are good people who care.

There was a severe paint defect that ran from the passenger side rear quarter panel all the way to the front quarter panel. Unfortunately, this was under the clear coat and painfully obvious. The advisors told us we could have it painted at the body shop if we wanted. We obviously declined as there was no way we were going to have a car that had to have a third of it repainted. The folks at Tesla were very nice and now we are back in the queue of late July end of August for delivery.

Now we wait again....I will say this, the Tesla folks were very apologetic and I truly believe they are good people who care.
With that vin and build date, it kinda makes me think you weren’t the first person to decline it

That really stinks. Hopefully you get your car sooner than July-Aug. What I don't understand is how something as obvious as a paint defect that large passes final inspection at the Fremont factory! How does anyone not notice something like that or do the employees just not care?!?

Just curious- but did they refund the order fee or did you have to put down a new order fee?

I order mine 3/30 unfortunately I think there is no way we’re getting in June. I’m thinking around August 😭

Ugh!!! Not what I wanted you to say lol. A lot of people say it reverts back to the original EDD. We need to hope.

I’m sorry!!!!! Trust me I want to have some hope and I still do lol I just keep hearing that people with end of march order dates shouldnt excpet it until end of July to august. I really hope before tho!! My Edd was may 31 to July 5 as of yesterday and now I woke up this morning with a date of June 30-Aug 4

For end of March order, you are looking at Q3 delivery which is July-Sept. And typically the first month of the quarter is them planning and getting inventories sorted and the cars dont start getting delivered until end July -mid August.
So that is a realistic timeline you should mentally prepare for. But ofcourse things change and you might get your vehicle much earlier.