Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NKY/ Cincinnati
M3LR, white, black interior, Aero wheels, no fsd
OD 2/20
OG EDD 5/10-6/7
2 week EDD: 5/17-5/31
VIN received today 5/16, 256xxx
4 day EDD: 5/29-6/2

According to SA the car is on the way from Fremont and can’t tell if the matrix headlights are on the car. 84 days from ODs to VIN. 🤞🏽 It’s a quick trip to Cincy without hiccups.
It’s interesting because that was my first question too. And he said he went into a system they call the garage and confirmed I had matrix headlights. If they are lying at least they are becoming more creative. Lol

My SA reached out and asked me to send my current cars insurance for their records.. Is this normal? I asked why they needed it and they sent back "PA allows us to release the vehicle if you have a valid insurance card, we like to have one on file so you and our team have one less item needed leading to delivery." I found this odd they need my current cars insurance?

My SA reached out and asked me to send my current cars insurance for their records.. Is this normal? I asked why they needed it and they sent back "PA allows us to release the vehicle if you have a valid insurance card, we like to have one on file so you and our team have one less item needed leading to delivery." I found this odd they need my current cars insurance?
Yep. I had the same today and in the olden days when you used to purchase from a store they would ask for proof of current insurance.

I switched from RWD to LR AWD on 5/12 and 4 days later my EDD changed from 10/18 - 12/13 to Jul - Oct 2022. I’m possibly getting an actual date range tomorrow morning, and it took 4 days after changing my build to have the system automatically fix my EDD to match as if I initially ordered a LR.

But it could be different for you. It took four days for me. I switched to LR because there are still RWD orders from last year having yet to be fulfilled, and I am for sure not going to believe I would get it Oct - Dec had I stayed with an RWD order.
Let me know if you get a new edd man..i may follow and order an awd..

OK as this thread goes WAY to fast for me to keep up with so several apologies.....

Pics why we declined.....

These were taken in 100% sun so the red "X" was my camera limitation. SO do not take that as something on a defect at all because it is certainly NOT one.

However....the lines are VERY evident in the sun and from just about every angle. Something happened to put the flecks under the clear all across the passenger side of the car. If this was something to be "buffed" out I would do it myself but literally this is under the clear and hugely visible from every angle. I can't show it but it is even more evident when my wife looked at the driver/pax side.....Gotta love her!

The other issue is the glass. Take a look.....one side was within a millimeter and the other that I posted was like way off.
We didn't address this as we decided NOT to have the entire half side of the car re-painted from new.

So you wanted pics....here they are.

We Love TESLA....but this car VIN 227654.....needs a body repaint and anything after that is up to everyone else.

Just being honest.

And if anyone thinks the pics are just glare.....trust me they are not!

InkedRear pax quarterpanel forward_LI.jpg
Paint issue under clearcoat.jpg
Tesla Pax rear.jpg
20220514_102228.jpg

Last edited:
OK as this thread goes WAY to fast for me to keep up with so several apologies.....

Pics why we declined.....

These were taken in 100% s8un so the red "X" was my camera limitation. SO do not take that as something on a defect at all because it is certainly NOT one.

However....the lines are VERY evident in the sun and from just about every angle. Something happened to put the flecks under the clear all across the passenger side of the car. If this was something to be "buffed" out I would do it myself but literally this is under the clear and hugely visible from every angle. I can't show it but it is even more evident when my wife looked at the driver/pax side.....Gotta love her!

The other issue is the glass. Take a look.....one side was within a millimeter and the other that I posted was like way off.
We didn't address this as we decided NOT to have the entire half side of the car re-painted from new.

So you wanted pics....here the are.

We Love TESLA....but this car VIN 227654.....needs a body repaint and anything after that is up to everyone else.

Just being honest.

And if anyone thinks the pics are just glare.....trust me they are not!

View attachment 805295View attachment 805296View attachment 805297View attachment 805299View attachment 805300
Wow that's terrible. That car really never should passed QA. They're likely gonna keep trying to dump it until someone who is desperate takes it

Wow that's terrible. That car really never should passed QA. They're likely gonna keep trying to dump it until someone who is desperate takes it
To be honest, I don't think they will pass it on from our dealer. If they do then I Have to believe they will make it correct.

The other issues on every glass piece is that they were VERY misaligned And a chip that was "not a chip" that we found at the bottom of the pax side after digging down from the resin. Not sure if WE were right or Tesla was but at that point in time we declined.

I do TRULY believe the folks here in Colorado simply missed these things. We have had NOTHING but great support from them all and to be honest, they are awesome people!

Please do not get my wrong. The glass issues were a big concern for us......not a "quality build"..but the big issue was the paint and how it made it through whatever people look at a car.

That is simply disappointing.

I could literally be the person to see if it passes quality for paint.

Not sure how it works but my attempted delivery was super flawed.

With this VIN 227654 we had a driver door not aligned but that would have been fixed. The Glass issues were different.

Please do not get my wrong. The glass issues were a big concern for us......not a "quality build"..but the big issue was the paint and how it made it through whatever people look at a car.

With this VIN 227654 we had a driver door not aligned but that would have been fixed. The Glass issues were different.
any EDD changed after your decline and back to the queue?

How would you have gotten the door fixed? Would Tesla do it for you for free?

I do not believe they would pass this on to some one else.....Tesla COS were very helpful and I honestly believe they would do the paint repair. However, this should not be a NEW sale after what we saw.
any EDD changed after your decline and back to the queue?
Yeah....that is a "sticky" subject with us. We think we are back in the queue.....we are now back to July 20 -Aug 31 which is OK if that it Tesla's delivery dates....

Not the local Tesla dealer issues. Simply something was sent that was "bad" so we are OK with that....
How would you have gotten the door fixed? Would Tesla do it for you for free?
Yes! Our local folks stated it would be repaired at a local body shop. \

HOWEVER, it was not just the Door....it was literally the rear quarter panel, passenger door (rear), passenger door (front), and front passenger front quarter panel. Not something we would even consider for a new car.

Nah. That would be silly. Here's a caution from the Model 3 User Manual section on keys.

"Always carry your key card with you in your purse or wallet to use as a backup in case your authenticated phone has a dead battery, or is lost or stolen."

Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

That caution wouldn't be in there if the key card was a normal part of interacting with the car. The only time you have to swipe the interior sensor is if you use the key card to unlock the car and then wait longer than 2 minutes before stepping on the brake. I can attest to that because I rely exclusively on the key card, not my phone.
Yes, it worked after the first or second time.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Day 50 and still waiting for a VIN
Located in California
M3LR/SMG/ No FSD/ 18 inch wheel
OD 3/27
EDD 8/5-9-17
EDD 6/05-07/22
EDD 07/05-08/16
FWIW, I think this is pretty early for a VIN on that order date. I’ve got the same order date and I don’t expect a VIN until I’m in or near a defined two-week window.

I do not believe they would pass this on to some one else.....Tesla COS were very helpful and I honestly believe they would do the paint repair. However, this should not be a NEW sale after what we saw.

Yeah....that is a "sticky" subject with us. We think we are back in the queue.....we are now back to July 20 -Aug 31 which is OK if that it Tesla's delivery dates....

Not the local Tesla dealer issues. Simply something was sent that was "bad" so we are OK with that....

Yes! Our local folks stated it would be repaired at a local body shop. \

HOWEVER, it was not just the Door....it was literally the rear quarter panel, passenger door (rear), passenger door (front), and front passenger front quarter panel. Not something we would even consider for a new car.
when do u make the delivery rejection ? The data points from this forums says: the EDD will be updated soon a few days after the rejection: within in one month to get a new VIN.