Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when do u make the delivery rejection ? The data points from this forums says: the EDD will be updated soon a few days after the rejection: within in one month to get a new VIN.
Not sure how that works......but we all play the game with delivery dates.

To be honest, It seems like it happens a few times so we will be patient on it. Fingers crossed it doesn't take a long time :)

Reactions: jpaychek
Not sure how that works......but we all play the game with delivery dates.

To be honest, It seems like it happens a few times so we will be patient on it. Fingers crossed it doesn't take a long time :)
So for us ....just as a follow up....this was not for lack of funds or anything else....this was a TESLA issue so as our Service person said we are still in the queue and we are not "bumped" to the end of the line for this car if that makes sense. I have to trust her on this as she was super helpful on our issue....also, she said we are NOT going to the back of the line if that makes sense.

how many cases is there with tesla service allowing you to ask for retrofitted matrix lights if you received a new vehicle with old lights
Not sure...ours came with it and we declined even though it had Global headlights.

For us we had the head of the Tesla "dealership" let us know we will not take delivery unless it has the lights we want. She was super helpful so after the first decline on our car truly believe we will get it on the next delivery after the flaws from the factory with regards to our paint issues.

I do not believe they would pass this on to some one else.....Tesla COS were very helpful and I honestly believe they would do the paint repair. However, this should not be a NEW sale after what we saw.

Yeah....that is a "sticky" subject with us. We think we are back in the queue.....we are now back to July 20 -Aug 31 which is OK if that it Tesla's delivery dates....

Not the local Tesla dealer issues. Simply something was sent that was "bad" so we are OK with that....

Yes! Our local folks stated it would be repaired at a local body shop. \

HOWEVER, it was not just the Door....it was literally the rear quarter panel, passenger door (rear), passenger door (front), and front passenger front quarter panel. Not something we would even consider for a new car.
I wonder if this is the M3 offered to me this
OK as this thread goes WAY to fast for me to keep up with so several apologies.....

Pics why we declined.....

These were taken in 100% sun so the red "X" was my camera limitation. SO do not take that as something on a defect at all because it is certainly NOT one.

However....the lines are VERY evident in the sun and from just about every angle. Something happened to put the flecks under the clear all across the passenger side of the car. If this was something to be "buffed" out I would do it myself but literally this is under the clear and hugely visible from every angle. I can't show it but it is even more evident when my wife looked at the driver/pax side.....Gotta love her!

The other issue is the glass. Take a look.....one side was within a millimeter and the other that I posted was like way off.
We didn't address this as we decided NOT to have the entire half side of the car re-painted from new.

So you wanted pics....here they are.

We Love TESLA....but this car VIN 227654.....needs a body repaint and anything after that is up to everyone else.

Just being honest.

And if anyone thinks the pics are just glare.....trust me they are not!

View attachment 805295View attachment 805297View attachment 805299View attachment 805300
I wonder if this is the Model 3 LR MSM Aero that was offered to me via voice mail. COS tesla SA left a voice mail saying that they could match me to a car.

Reactions: ColoradoMike
Got all accessories installed except for the “performance” pedals. I’ll do that in the morning.

Have to say, coming from a mercedes, I was really impressed at the driving experience through Parleys canyon. I thought it would leave a lot to be desired. I’m not quite sure what the difference is in terms of driving/suspension etc between the LR and P are but I can’t even imagine how well that handles.

As others have said, it is BEYOND worth the wait.

How would you have gotten the door fixed? Would Tesla do it for you for free?
So Tesla COS stated they would take the vehicle to a local body shop at no charge to us whatsoever.

The issue for ME is that I have to wait for paint to cure for PPF...and additionally, I haven't found a body shop that can match paint on HALF of a vehicle...much less a body panel.

We are purchasing a 58K car and there is no WAY we are immediately sending it to a body shop.

The door issue on the driver side....that is a simple fix for the Tesla service folks......simple adjustment...but the paint across the passenger side is not something we will deal with if that make sense.

Just a suggestion for folks...

Pay attention to things you feel that may make a difference on accepting a model 3.

We were super happy to take delivery but PAY REALLY close attention to what you are comfortable with.

TAKE your time!

If you have another person to look at things you may have looked over because you are "Super Excited" to take delivery......

Plan on spending a couple of hours to look the car over....

1. Start with the outside and have a friend/spouse....video it all! and ask he/she what they see.
2. SO so not discount their observations! I missed the paint issues as I was sooooo excited to get our car
3. Do not feel pressured to take delivery! Pay attention to everything.

Seriously.....Just look at everything....we pulled the aero caps off and looked at the wheels......

Look at the car from every angle.......that is how we saw the paint issues....we would not have seen them until we stepped back and looked at BOTH sides!

Last edited:
Just a suggestion for folks...

Pay attention to things you feel that may make a difference on accepting a model 3.

We were super happy to take delivery but PAY REALLY close attention to what you are comfortable with.

TAKE your time!

If you have another person to look at things you may have looked over because you are "Super Excited" to take delivery......

Plan on spending a couple of hours to look the car over....

1. Start with the outside and have a friend/spouse....video it all! and ask he/she what they see.
2. SO so not discount their observations! I missed the paint issues as I was sooooo excited to get our car
3. Do not feel pressured to take delivery! Pay attention to everything.

Seriously.....Just look at everything....we pulled the aero caps off and looked at the wheels......

Look at the car from every angle.......that is how we saw the paint issues....we would not have seen them until we stepped back and looked at BOTH sides!
I do wonder how much paint correction and then ceramic coating make up for that? I’m scheduled to do that Wednesday through Friday (Along with window tinting) but I’m going to go by there tomorrow to see if the one scratch I saw will be corrected or needs to be redone,

I do wonder how much paint correction and then ceramic coating make up for that? I’m scheduled to do that Wednesday through Friday (Along with window tinting) but I’m going to go by there tomorrow to see if the one scratch I saw will be corrected or needs to be redone,
Not entirely certain what you will go through. But in our case, the paint things were literally under the clear coat.

From a "car guy" I can only express my thoughts.

I have been through several rounds of "paint matching" and from my experience, it can be "close" but never exact.

The issue we experienced was that the paint issues were well below the clear coat and that required having the entire passenger side being repainted.

Not something we would go through on a new vehicle.

If you had a surface scratch then perhaps that could be fixed. Trust me, if it was on the surface I would correct it myself.

• Informative
Not entirely certain what you will go through. But in our case, the paint things were literally under the clear coat.

From a "car guy" I can only express my thoughts.

I have been through several rounds of "paint matching" and from my experience, it can be "close" but never exact.

The issue we experienced was that the paint issues were well below the clear coat and that required having the entire passenger side being repainted.

Not something we would go through on a new vehicle.

If you had a surface scratch then perhaps that could be fixed. Trust me, if it was on the surface I would correct it myself.
The other issue after looking at the car presented to us was the glass from the top. Looking back at this I would like opinions on it.

Attachments

• 20220514_102228.jpg
    20220514_102228.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 127
Seriously....no amt of paint correction and clear coat could make it up.

This paint issue is literally a "blending/paint" issue. It might be corrected but it is not a scratch...this is literally down to the "flecks" across the entire passenger side.

Not something I would accept at all.

Reactions: jpaychek and M3Kat