Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a chance the initial EDD is a mistake. Hopefully Tesla adjusts your EDD in the next few weeks. Either way, the LR EDD is likely more reliable than the SR EDD based on historical observations.
Right. That's what I'm hoping. In the end, even though my order doesn't qualify for being a part of this quarter push, it still means more orders are done with and I inch closer to the finish line faster. Even if my order regardless of being RWD or LR gets an initial EDD of October - December, I will have some ample time to save up for the $400 wall charger, since my order falls outside the deadline where orders came with the charger.

I'll just stick to the current EDD since it's almost no different than my initial EDD, just a few days pushed back due to my order build change. Either way, EDDs fluctuate so I still won't expect that range to be correct.

Whelp, this morning I had the pleasure of updating my signature with EDD #10. I also had to edit my signature because I had reached the character limit. Sigh...
EDD shifted 1 week from May 16-30 to May 23-June 6.
No VIN in app or source code as of this morning.
Today is 84 days.
I'd normally say something funny, but at this point I'm just frustrated. I keep seeing March OD's getting VIN's, which doesn't make sense. Happy for them, truly, but I WANT MY DAMN CAR!

OMG! I’m one day behind ya! Now you got me checking the app constantly! 😜😜😜
Fingers crossed!! Hopefully all the late feb orders see their vin in the next few days. I woke up at like 5am for some reason this morning... checked the app for the hell of it, a Bluetooth notification popped up and I'm like "yeah that's new" lol...then saw the vin.

Just got my pushback to May 17-21 as well. Been trying to stay positive, but the experience is really getting a bit frustrating. It's not clear why they would have shipped cars without parts, why cars with VINs that were built/assigned 1-2 weeks after mine are being delivered ahead (any parts that became available should have gone into the older batch of cars first) why there's no transparency or even consistent communication about the ongoing delays, or why they didn't more accurately calibrate the EDD once the part issue was identified.

I'm sure a lot of this frustration will vanish once I get the car, but that doesn't mean this is anything close to an acceptable situation in the "era of customer centricity."
I wish tesla customer service could at least give some useful information. They expect us to just be available indefinitely to take delivery. How about reassign us to a new vin and give the current vin to someone with a later OD? This process is pretty frustrating.

I think you can actually. You just need to create an order with the same configuration and the other poster can ask an SA to transfer his order to yours, and then you guys go through the same process with his order.
I'd almost bet money that you can't do this. It would be perfect for scalpers. All I have to do is order a bunch of vehicles, wait a couple months and scalp them to people who want to move up in line. As far as I know, the only transfers that Tesla allows are between family members. Let me know if I'm wrong.

80 was the lucky number!!!!!!!

Just logged into the app and there it was! That sweet sweet VIN. 257xxx. EDD 5 day window changed to May 31-June 3.

7A02AAEF-F29A-458F-ABF3-07847AEE6B06.jpeg

Whelp, this morning I had the pleasure of updating my signature with EDD #10. I also had to edit my signature because I had reached the character limit. Sigh...
Today is 84 days.
I'd normally say something funny, but at this point I'm just frustrated. I keep seeing March OD's getting VIN's, which doesn't make sense. Happy for them, truly, but I WANT MY DAMN CAR!
I have a feeling there are a few of us that ordered in Feb and getting these little pushes but for the love of Tesla just hand over the car and no one will get hurt.
Day 86 and counting....

Hi all -- long time lurker, decided to make an account.

I don't have enough "cred" to add my build / EDD windows to my signature yet, but here's where I'm at so far:

Specs: M3LR | MSM | 18" Aero wheels | Black Interior

Order History:
  • OD: 03/06/22, EDD: May
  • 1st "real" EDD (~ couple days after OD): 05/23/22 - 06/20/22
  • 2nd EDD (05/13/22): 05/18/22 - 06/01/22
No VIN yet, although I am picking it up in Richmond, BC and I've seen other posts from locals indicating they didn't receive their VIN until after they had arranged their pickup date (I haven't gotten an email/text to do so).

Anyways, I feel like good things should be happening soon and just figured I should say "hi" after hanging around without an account for so long :).

Today is 84 days.
My edd is basically the same as yours. Maybe they are coming on the same truck?

I'd almost bet money that you can't do this. It would be perfect for scalpers. All I have to do is order a bunch of vehicles, wait a couple months and scalp them to people who want to move up in line. As far as I know, the only transfers that Tesla allows are between family members. Let me know if I'm wrong.
It may be less suspicious if you guys execute the transfers contemporaneously. Maybe ask an SA in advance if he/she would do this for you. This would require coordination with the fellow poster of course.

Today is 84 days.
Wow man, it’s gotta be any minute now at this point!