Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll report back when I visit. My EDD is June 7-11 right now. Car left Fremont this past Monday (5/31) so I assume by now it’s hopefully made it to Birmingham. 8 hour drive from Birmingham to Orlando.
I was told mine left Fremont on Tuesday morning. I wonder how many trains they have coming this way? We need a rail-watching team. :p

Florida folks with cars in transit, our time will come! Had a coworker switch his LR order to a Performance. He picked his car up yesterday and he had placed his order in the end of April for an LR. 😂
Hopefully I have been sitting with the same EDD for about a week now. Waking up every morning for the suspense checking for a vin...:) then nothing
this has been a new buying experience for me. I would certainly do again.. Come on SW FL...

I've been lurking for awhile, but my question is SoCal one of the last locations to get final EDD updates due to the close proximity to the Fremont factory?

Just an observation of seeing East Coast and Mid West getting VINs with similar builds and order dates

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD/Temecula, CA Pick up
OD: 3/12, EDD1: May, EDD2 6/9-7/14, EDD3 6/12-7/10

I've been lurking for awhile, but my question is SoCal one of the last locations to get final EDD updates due to the close proximity to the Fremont factory?

Just an observation of seeing East Coast and Mid West getting VINs with similar builds and order dates

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD/Temecula, CA Pick up
OD: 3/12, EDD1: May, EDD2 6/9-7/14, EDD3 6/12-7/10
Your OD is a week after mine. I got a 2-week window last weekend, so you may get it in the next couple of days.

Finalizing delivery, minor gap issue with window glass and back trunk and a scuff on rear pax door. Other than that is all good. Vin 252 xxx has matrix headlights
20220604_101908.jpg
20220604_101731.jpg
20220604_095219.jpg

That's not an unreasonable notion. If you're trying to get as many orders in at the end of a quarter as possible, then you want to go with the most reactive path on your logistics network. Cars can be made and delivered quickly to nearby destinations in minimum time, while trying to get anything to the east coast is a ponderous affair involving large batches of cars departing by rail and then requiring lots of trucks at the destination(s) to move the vehicles to their final destinations.

• Informative
Reactions: Maric and jpaychek
I got my 2 week window today and pushed up. June 18 - July 2nd. How soon will I get a vin? Or does my window have to shorten again? I checked the vin finder and nothing there yet.
There really isn't a way of knowing how long it will take. For me it was 14 days. With your dates closer you will likely not wait as long unless things dramatically slow down for the east coast, which unfortunately does happen at the end of the QT.

Reactions: JB47394