Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah that’s ridiculous. When taking delivery of an ICE car, it’s customary for the car to come with a full tank of gas at “no cost” (though I figure the finance dept. builds it into the sale price/financing somehow). But for the few dollars of charging, Tesla should at least make that complimentary
ICE dealers have inventory on lot (typical used to be 30-90 days), and refilling takes 5 minutes.

If Tesla doesn't charge their inventory enough it isn't because of the electricity cost, but the logistics of moving cars to and from L2 chargers for a few hours and remembering which cars have been charged and which haven't and where they are parked at any moment.

I'd rather have their personnel worry about delivering and fixing. From that point of view, $10 in free supercharging on the account would be a nice gesture.

Oh please, I would not fall for their “mission” line. Their mission is to make money and have a high stock price. I haven’t seen them conduct an equity offering for a while, which is how they could access capital if they needed to do so. In fact, the secondary sales by Elon to finance the Twitter deal (maybe) drove the price of the stock down. Whatever we have committed financially to this car but they have turned me into a hater even before factory assembly defects!

Ford did the same thing. With the chip shortage they prioritized manufacturing their high margin F-NNN trucks over other vehicles. P a month before a LR is minor by that scale.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
ICE dealers have inventory on lot (typical used to be 30-90 days), and refilling takes 5 minutes.

If Tesla doesn't charge their inventory enough it isn't because of the electricity cost, but the logistics of moving cars to and from L2 chargers for a few hours and remembering which cars have been charged and which haven't and where they are parked at any moment.

I'd rather have their personnel worry about delivering and fixing. From that point of view, $10 in free supercharging on the account would be a nice gesture.
Fair point. Once they sort inventory and actually have cars on the lot, hopefully they can deliver cars with a decent amount of charge. Like another user mentioned, not everyone lives near their delivery center so they’ll need the charge to get home

greetings new friends, here's what i got for ya:

M3LR non-fsd midnight silver aero wheels
OD 3/14
EOD 6/16-6/30

received a call from the SA last friday saying that i should get a vin number any day now, and once i do it'll be "1-2 weeks delivery". excited but also at the same time not getting my hopes up.
I can't believe you got a call from your SA with no VIN assigned. I have never heard from my SA, nor have I reached out to them. But it seems like they are not responsive and don't reach out unless a VIN is assigned; based on the experiences from people on this site. We have the same configuration and I ordered on 3/15. My current EDD is June 26 - July 10. I am hoping we both get VINs soon. :)

I can't believe you got a call from your SA with no VIN assigned. I have never heard from my SA, nor have I reached out to them. But it seems like they are not responsive and don't reach out unless a VIN is assigned; based on the experiences from people on this site. We have the same configuration and I ordered on 3/15. My current EDD is June 26 - July 10. I am hoping we both get VINs soon. :)
My SA has been very responsive the few times I needed them I also met them in person when I test drove. They are people and they are dealing with customer service which is hard. If you are asking them reasonable questions they should help. If you are asking them when will my car be delivered when your order is placed in June then maybe not so much ;)

greetings new friends, here's what i got for ya:

M3LR non-fsd midnight silver aero wheels
OD 3/14
EOD 6/16-6/30

received a call from the SA last friday saying that i should get a vin number any day now, and once i do it'll be "1-2 weeks delivery". excited but also at the same time not getting my hopes up.
I got this call as well.. Going onto week 4 of it being "1-2 weeks delivery"

Reactions: T-J-
My SA has been very responsive the few times I needed them I also met them in person when I test drove. They are people and they are dealing with customer service which is hard. If you are asking them reasonable questions they should help. If you are asking them when will my car be delivered when your order is placed in June then maybe not so much ;)
I agree 100% It was not a criticism. This is really the first time I have heard one proactively reaching out without news of a VIN or responding to a text from someone. I know the SA's are getting people bombarding them with questions about delvery and things they have no control of. I have just patiently waited and used this site as a barometer to see what is average. Funny, I have never even driven a Tesla. The show room at the mall is always crazy. I am thinking I should reach out for an appointment to drive one soon. My work schedule has been so crazy and unpredicatable due to call ins, I am not even sure what is a good day to make an appointment. 🙂

I agree 100% It was not a criticism. This is really the first time I have heard one proactively reaching out without news of a VIN or responding to a text from someone. I know the SA's are getting people bombarding them with questions about delvery and things they have no control of. I have just patiently waited and used this site as a barometer to see what is average. Funny, I have never even driven a Tesla. The show room at the mall is always crazy. I am thinking I should reach out for an appointment to drive one soon. My work schedule has been so crazy and unpredicatable due to call ins, I am not even sure what is a good day to make an appointment. 🙂
Yeah I wasn't directing that at you I'm just always seeing people online going off on the SAs for not being helpful when they're constantly asking questions about the car and it's a little tiring so your post reminded me of that. I'd strongly recommend a test drive especially if you are a taller and/or bigger person to make sure you fit comfortably.

Edit: I just reread what you wrote and I see how I misinterpreted. Coming off a 14 day shift my brain is not 100% lol.

No VIN but weird text. Anyone else got something like this? 🤷🏻‍♂️

BCD4F455-A377-4F27-B2CE-EC6DEAEF4091.jpeg