Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow this color looks way better than it does on the website. I'm actually tempted to switch to red.

Decisions, decisions...

I was tempted to switch as well when I was waiting for my car. Someone in this thread mentioned that if I switched I might get delivery date pushed back so decided against it. Turns out I’m super happy with Pearl White. Every time I drive my car by a red Model 3 I ask myself whether I made the right decision. 2 weeks in, it is a resounding yes. I actually like Pearl White better now - even if the Red were free and I could switch I still wouldn’t. The Pearl White is very easy on the eyes and in some weird way makes me feel very calm about driving and parking. If there’s something I would do differently, it’d be to get white interior. I was parked next to a white on white Model 3 the other day. Had to admit the other car looked slightly better ;)

Debating on getting enchanced autopilot what are your thoughts ?
I bought it as soon as it came out. I haven't gotten my car yet though but it seems to be everything I want. The NOA and autolane change will be a big help. I honestly don't care about city driving will probably never use it until it's level 5 which is years away. My EDD did instantly bump out a month when I bought it and has not returned so beware to anyone buying it while waiting on the car

I was tempted to switch as well when I was waiting for my car. Someone in this thread mentioned that if I switched I might get delivery date pushed back so decided against it. Turns out I’m super happy with Pearl White. Every time I drive my car by a red Model 3 I ask myself whether I made the right decision. 2 weeks in, it is a resounding yes. I actually like Pearl White better now - even if the Red were free and I could switch I still wouldn’t. The Pearl White is very easy on the eyes and in some weird way makes me feel very calm about driving and parking. If there’s something I would do differently, it’d be to get white interior. I was parked next to a white on white Model 3 the other day. Had to admit the other car looked slightly better ;)

Couldn't agree more. I went with Tesla with my eyes open and wasn't deluded in anyway. At the same price point, one should expect similar build quality but it's not. That's ok, but rather than simply accepting (as the previous poster did) it is important to voice one's concerns on such forums. If the collective can do/say something, Tesla may listen and improve their build quality over time. If we simply accept, Tesla will remain mediocre. That's all I'm saying!
Hmm guess I’ll throw my two cents in here. I’ve owned several cars , x5 M series, 750i(used), Lexus and never had a Mercedes but ridden in a few. Build quality on all of those we’re about they same and they all had issues just like this Tesla I’m about to take delivery on.

Over time it will acquire door dings, scratches and all the things that come with age.

The thing I’ll point out and this is first hand experience- every bmw I’ve ever had seems to fall apart at 50k miles. Magically, the value of all used bmws at 50,001 miles dramitically drops. Why is that? The “ultimate” driving machine perks run out at 50k - no more free stuff and suddenly kryponite is introduced and people ditch them. BMW is zero percent interested in changing these things because it makes them more money. They are insanely expensive to repair as well - to replace the windshield in my 750i, it was 15k - thank god for insurance or I would have set it on fire.

The ml3 got a bad rap on build quality because the early days were rough, they have improved and will continue to with our feed back, we hope.

At the end of the day, for most folks I’d say, we pick the cars we pick because there is some balance of fun, economics and performance.

If seeing a panel that’s out of spec is going really going to make or break it for you, then I guess no car manufacturer is for any of you.

Hello everyone,
I just ordered my first Tesla model 3. I’m super excited. Really wanted the Y but out of my price range. How is everyone enjoying your model 3’s.

Only 4 days in but absolutely loving it. As someone who drove the Y LR, the 3 is more fun. Maybe not as family friendly but in my opinion superior in every other way.

Debating on getting enchanced autopilot what are your thoughts ?
Something to keep in mind is that including a software feature like that on your purchase increases the official price of your vehicle. So it ceases to be a $60,000 car and becomes a $66,000 car. If your state charges fees, taxes, licensing or other such things based on the purchase price of the car, it's much better to wait until after buying the car to obtain the option. Also, if you get the option afterwards, you can put it on your credit card and get your card's awards on a sizeable sum of money.

I foolishly included FSD on my purchase and now I'll be paying Virginia state taxes each year on not only an expensive car but on an expensive software option as well. I also missed out on some nice rebates available on my credit card.

Something to keep in mind is that including a software feature like that on your purchase increases the official price of your vehicle. So it ceases to be a $60,000 car and becomes a $66,000 car. If your state charges fees, taxes, licensing or other such things based on the purchase price of the car, it's much better to wait until after buying the car to obtain the option. Also, if you get the option afterwards, you can put it on your credit card and get your card's awards on a sizeable sum of money.

I foolishly included FSD on my purchase and now I'll be paying Virginia state taxes each year on not only an expensive car but on an expensive software option as well. I also missed out on some nice rebates available on my credit card.
Great point...I'm a VA resident as well and not looking forward to the personal property tax bill coming.

Reactions: JB47394

It depends... in NY the tax on car purchase is much lower then then tax on other sales. Also I can add the purchase to my financing and ride it out. If I put it on a credit card it's going to greatly increase the utilization of that card which will hurt my credit score as well

I know the Trade In text doesn’t mean much these days as they seem to come in rather randomly for most. But I got rather excited today when I got a PHONE CALL from Tesla regarding my trade in, to which I explained I sold my car already to someone else for way more then they originally offered. The girl I spoke with then proceeded to verify that everything I have done so far is good to go minus the insurance paperwork which she said I could do as soon as my VIN arrives. She then said a VIN should populate ”soon” in the app. Gonna take it with a grain of salt but my EDD as of now starts on this Thursday. 🤞🏽

I know the Trade In text doesn’t mean much these days as they seem to come in rather randomly for most. But I got rather excited today when I got a PHONE CALL from Tesla regarding my trade in, to which I explained I sold my car already to someone else for way more then they originally offered. The girl I spoke with then proceeded to verify that everything I have done so far is good to go minus the insurance paperwork which she said I could do as soon as my VIN arrives. She then said a VIN should populate ”soon” in the app. Gonna take it with a grain of salt but my EDD as of now starts on this Thursday. 🤞🏽
Have you gotten contacted about a trade in before? I got the text back in May before my EDD slid way back.

Hello M3LR waiting room. I have returned home from graduation 21 June 2022!

Whatever has been said of delivery is true even on the Canadian side of the border. A few last notes to add to the collective knowledge:

Even if you bring the checklist, there will be no opportunity to go through it during delivery. I would state that delivery was brisk and was done in the showroom as there was a possibility of rain. I did my laps mostly over the exterior and spent the next 3 days and 150 kms (100 mi) poring over the interior and exterior and thoroughly going over each item at pace. We detected approximately 7-8 minor issues in the following areas: power liftgate operation, interior trim installation, frunk fitment, headlight fitment and door latch operation. Even though it took a few days to leisurely check each area, you walk away knowing you comprehensively examined the vehicle. For those curious, I started with 10/32 tread. I can confirm that my M3 was transported on a black closed transport trailer. I saw it unloading more Tesla vehicles as I drove past the Tesla store the following day.

In our instance, we had to drive out of our province/state to take delivery. Little did we know of the thunderstorm that we would end up driving through to make it home. The vehicle felt planted on its set of Michelin primacy tires on the highway plying through heavy rain at speed on autopilot. Arriving home late that evening, I was able to fully appreciate the output of the global matrix headlights. We initially named it the Endurance as it reflected the many years waiting for it, but on its first trip with us, it earned its name. Definitely worth the wait.

Best speed on your deliveries.

Attachments

• The Endurance.jpg
    The Endurance.jpg
    674.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Endurance Charging.jpg
    Endurance Charging.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 80
Have you gotten contacted about a trade in before? I got the text back in May before my EDD slid way back.
I got a trade in text the day after I placed my order so I never really put much thought into all the Trade In talk but this time they called. And that was even after I confirmed a week and a half ago with my SA that the trade in I originally requested for was declined and removed from order. I almost declined the number till I realized it said Fremont, CA.