Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 5/19 I ordered a MS RWD (Sept-Dec DD, in account: 10/23 – 12/18) and on 6/23 changed it to a Blue LR AWD in hopes of getting DD pushed up. The LR AWD listed Aug-Nov when I ordered the RWD. 4 days later my DD hasn't changed despite the upgrade. Is it likely it will jump up and I just need to keep checking?

I'm debating a Performance just to get ahead of the continual interest rate hikes (1% expected in 2-3 weeks here in Canada.)

How do you know when/if your EDD gets updated? Do they send you a text or do you need to keep checking the app?
The app EDDs only ever really update twice a day: sometime around 8 EST, and sometime around 4-5 EST. You'll drive yourself crazy if you check the app every couple minutes. I check it twice a day: right after I sit down at my desk and start working around 8:30, and once when I come home from work around 5:30. No point in spamming the app until you get close to VIN time, since it seems like VINS can come at pretty much anytime.

On 5/19 I ordered a MS RWD (Sept-Dec DD, in account: 10/23 – 12/18) and on 6/23 changed it to a Blue LR AWD in hopes of getting DD pushed up. The LR AWD listed Aug-Nov when I ordered the RWD. 4 days later my DD hasn't changed despite the upgrade. Is it likely it will jump up and I just need to keep checking?

I'm debating a Performance just to get ahead of the continual interest rate hikes (1% expected in 2-3 weeks here in Canada.)

Folks in the Model S waiting room may be more familiar with your matter than we are. We can speak to only Model 3 orders. Certain rules don’t transfer across models.

Can you share which leather protectant you're using?

Also, how does white interior help with night driving?
I grabbed this stuff from Amazon from another persons recommendation. I got busy this weekend and didnt get to get it applied. I did get my Tesla wall charger all installed though after 5 trips to the hardware store :)

For the white interior, I just feel its brighter and helps see at night a bit better. Its hard to describe but when your in one with white interior and its night you will see what I mean.

Graduated today. Pick-up scheduled at the Highland Park location in Chicagoland at 11am. Arrived a bit early and located the car before going in to talk to the SA. Handed over my cashiers check. Accepted delivery since everything looked good before I went inside. When thru the Tesla Prep checklist. Only 2 Issues:
1. Minor gap difference on the frunk between right and left sides. It's very minor and I would have never noticed if it wasn't for this forum and the checklist. It is certainly within tolerance and I'm not going to put in a service request.
2. A scratch on the charging cover. At home service appointment is already scheduled.

Since I live over 100 miles away, the SA said I have 24 hrs to schedule any other service issues, even though I went over 100 miles on my drive home. It was charged to 90% upon delivery, which was more than enough for my 180 mile drive home.

I ended up with Matrix headlights, Michelin tires, and mobile charger (which I expected based on my order date). Everything was very smooth. It only took about 10 miles for the system to calibrate. Gotta say it was so cool to drive in stop and go traffic and never have to touch the brake or accelerator.

Graduated today. Pick-up scheduled at the Highland Park location in Chicagoland at 11am. Arrived a bit early and located the car before going in to talk to the SA. Handed over my cashiers check. Accepted delivery since everything looked good before I went inside. When thru the Tesla Prep checklist. Only 2 Issues:
1. Minor gap difference on the frunk between right and left sides. It's very minor and I would have never noticed if it wasn't for this forum and the checklist. It is certainly within tolerance and I'm not going to put in a service request.
2. A scratch on the charging cover. At home service appointment is already scheduled.

Since I live over 100 miles away, the SA said I have 24 hrs to schedule any other service issues, even though I went over 100 miles on my drive home. It was charged to 90% upon delivery, which was more than enough for my 180 mile drive home.

I ended up with Matrix headlights, Michelin tires, and mobile charger (which I expected based on my order date). Everything was very smooth. It only took about 10 miles for the system to calibrate. Gotta say it was so cool to drive in stop and go traffic and never have to touch the brake or accelerator.
Congrats! Happy for you!

The app EDDs only ever really update twice a day: sometime around 8 EST, and sometime around 4-5 EST. You'll drive yourself crazy if you check the app every couple minutes. I check it twice a day: right after I sit down at my desk and start working around 8:30, and once when I come home from work around 5:30. No point in spamming the app until you get close to VIN time, since it seems like VINS can come at pretty much anytime.
Yes the earliest I have noticed is 7am and 4pm est so I think that's when it updates. VINS can come 24hrs at any time. The only time I noticed an update outside that range was when I added EAP last week. In case people can't tell from my posts I'm still a little salty about that EDD change lol

🥳🎉 Congrats!! Glad to hear your delivery went well. Wow 180 mile drive!! Now that's breakin' in your M3!

Please everyone add a signature once you reach 5 posts. If you are on a phone, turn it to landscape mode to see the signatures. This is through the phone browser for teslamotorsclub.com, not on the app. See photo below for instructions on adding your signature. Please include your car specs, order date, EDD’s, your location, and the first 3 digits (of the last 6) of your vin once it is assigned. This provides useful information for everyone tracking their delivery times.

Attachments

• 042081E2-416E-4FFA-B403-71380C35BBAF.jpeg
    042081E2-416E-4FFA-B403-71380C35BBAF.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 74