Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It never showed up in source code, I used the Tesla VIN finder extension that gave me a little chime with a
IMG_6816.jpg
notification that it came, which I thought was pretty cool. I thought that the purpose of the extension was to go through the hidden HTML anytime you visit your order page, I didn't realize it would work in the background. Highly recommend you all download it!

It never showed up in source code, I used the Tesla VIN finder extension that gave me a little chime with aView attachment 832099 notification that it came, which I thought was pretty cool. I thought that the purpose of the extension was to go through the hidden HTML anytime you visit your order page, I didn't realize it would work in the background. Highly recommend you all download it!
Tesla VIN finder extension???

Hello everyone,

This will be my first post and I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on my query that I have. (I apologize beforehand for this super long post of mine and the multiple posts after this as well!)

I had placed order for my Model 3 Long Range on June 24th, 2022. The estimated delivery date back then then was Sept - Dec on the design website. I had mine configured for Solid Black paint, 18" Aero wheels, All Black interior and had added Enhanced Autopilot as well. Not FSD!

But then soon after reading through many past posts, I got to understand that the state of California has an annual registration fees, which is based upon the initial purchase price of any vehicle. After comparing the DMV registration fees for my vehicle with and without EAP, the difference was roughly USD 50 less without EAP. This felt like a steal to me as I could put forward this same amount to the California 1960 legacy plates, which cost the very same every year as well, LOL! And so I updated my order and removed EAP. My EDD still remained intact!

Also as correctly pointed out in these past posts, I could later on buy this EAP through the app as well and rather put it on my Credit Card, thus raking in the benefits from my CC rewards and getting cashback as well! Thanks to this forum for enlightening me with your valuable insights. I greatly appreciate this!

Now, my initial Estimated Delivery Date was Sept 12 - Oct 20, and this matched with timings for West Coast deliveries from the Fremont factory being in the last month of every quarter. I was extremely happy for these dates to match and had high hopes! (I stay nearby to the Fremont Factory and plan on taking delivery from there itself)

Fast forward to this Monday, July 18th, my EDD shifted to Nov 26 - Jan 14, 2023 (Like seriously "What the Freak!")

But then on Wednesday, July 20th, it miraculously changed back to July 21 - Aug 3 (Again, "What the Freak!" LOL)

21st July comes in, but nothing updates, I was pretty sure that on the 2nd date of my EDD window, if I were not to receive a VIN, I shall get a new updated window, and just like that, on July 22nd, my EDD shifted to Sept 14 - Oct 26 (Matches my initial EDD! Hush, sigh of relief!)

But then today afternoon, at 2:30 PM PDT, I received a text with a VIN being assigned to me. (Say WHAT!!! Hahaha) My VIN is 5YJ3E1EB1NF31XXXX. This matches to some of the recent VINs coming out with 310+ series, so relatively a new car, and not some old one! And the odometer reads at 15 miles as per the MVPA document online.

But now I have some really wild suspicions of mine -

I feel like I am being forwarded someone else's similarly configured vehicle because of the following reasons (and it is not my originally configured car, which should have been coming in Sept - Oct) -

a. The person to whom this was initially assigned, must have missed on their delivery date, and so it is being forwarded to me!

b. They must have defaulted on their payment options, and were not able to submit any form of purchase methods on the day of delivery.

c. They had everything and every document right, and upon inspection of this car, they realized that it was damaged / not up to mark / missing matrix headlights / some random stuff that nobody would like to take this car forever etc. (I'm highly inclining to all of these reasons being for rejection from the first person!)

d. Or it is just a similarly configured "Demo" vehicle! (Don;t think so, but just putting in all of my points!)

Or else maybe Elon himself was visiting the Factory everyday and ensuring that my vehicle was getting produced in under 29 days!!! (Just kidding) But no, on a serious note, getting a car this early is too good to be true when we have so many people waiting for their orders since March and April for the Long Range variant! I just don't feel this right in me getting it this early.

And so, I humbly request for folks in this community to kindly advise me on what I should look for while at delivery inspection or ask my SA on my above suspicions (don't want to sound rude, but just would like to clarify out my doubts with my SA!)

As for the app goes, my next steps for delivery tasks are highlighted as follows -

Est Delivery July 25 - July 31

I had somewhere read that I have to choose 1 day and time from a 3 window date, but this appears to be a 7 day window, strange!

Registration, Trade-In and Financing are all complete with a green tick!

Schedule Tab says "Check Back Later".

Insurance tab gives me an option to choose either "Tesla Insurance" or "Use My Own" and the Final Payment Tab says to "Make Your Final Payment to avoid delays in delivery" - I truly don't want to pay until I see and inspect the vehicle with my two own eyes. Once satisfied, I'm more than happy to submit payment, but I'd like to wait on this, and so 'How Do I Proceed???' PS - Do I have to buy Tesla Insurance now as well, or wait till I confirm on my car at the Fremont factory?

I'd greatly appreciate some guidance in this manner as well as I would definitely not like to make any payments till I am a 100% satisfied with how my order is correctly configured.

Lastly, what are some checklist items that I must check for??? Some I know and would like to check for are -

a. Matrix headlights being present (My personal preference over Premium headlights)

b. Will check if mine is coming with either Hankook or Michelin tires and let everyone know of it here! (Either one is actually fine for me)

c. Will also check if they accidentally throw in the mobile charger or not (I mean why not? If it is present, amazing. If not, well I knew that I was not going to be getting this in the first place since my order was after the April 28th cutoff!)

d. Someone just above mentioned of updated wipers as well (Will check for these as well and keep you updated!)

e. Lastly, will confirm for the Ryzen Chip, 12 V Lithium Battery and 'CCS enabled or Not'! (All these have been standard, and will be, but I just thought on giving them a check as well!)

Truly extremely sorry for all of my long posts. But I need all of you Teska veterans help on this matter of mine!

Reactions: guerro
First off congratulations you seem to have gotten very very lucky. This is by no means an attack at you but this is what seriously aggravates me about how Tesla does delivery sometimes since we have the EXACT same car and I have been waiting since April for mine. Idk how you have higher up the delivery line then me (yes I know west coast vs east but still). Anyway I hope you greatly enjoy the car!

To answer some questions: I'm not in California so I may be mistaken but good rule of practice is to have all your paperwork, insurance, financing lined up within the next day or so to prevent any issues with delivery
You will get the mobile charger based on what we are seeing here, they are coming in all deliveries currently.

Your VIN is likely in line with a new car as we have seen here but it could possibly be a reject, if you are very curious you can ask your SA when the production date was. The one thing concerning about your order ( which I hope isn't the case) is that a late June order would be next in line over March-May still waiting. This raises a flag that this could be a similar story to another poster @ColoradoMike . To summarize he got a vin very quickly after ordering but turns out the car had major defects and likely was rejected multiple times. You can read his story on this forum if you are so inclined. Again fingers crossed but if I was you I'd mentally prepare for that possibility. Black/ black is rare but I still can't believe a June order would be the next one in line. That being said you might just be a very lucky person lol.

As far as payment you can pay it the day of delivery after inspection but some places are more strict about this then others as far as how much they allow you to inspect. That said hold onto your money as it is your only bargaining chip
As far as inspection you can go as crazy as you want. There are 200+ checklists people post here, as for me I'm under the philosophy that if I can't see it with a close look its nbd. Tesls gives you about 72 hrs/100 miles to report any issues you ma notice. Always make sure you take pics and document these especially before you drive off the lot.

Again best of luck and I hope that helps

Last edited:
As for your comment about Tesla making your configuration, they don't make your car for you so to speak. It's not like a deli counter where they pull your number and make your order. They have some algorithorim and they make a batch of cars (black/black, black/white, red/black...etc) and then the system assigns this to whoever is up for the next shipping location. This doesn't actually change anything but just wanted to clarify that as well

Just got a VIN less than a minute ago lol! 315, updated EDD 7-11
Base MSM | Mt. Kisco NY
OD 3/26 | EDD0: Jun-Aug | EDD1 (3/27) 8/05-9/30 | (4/10): 7/17-8/28 | (4/20): 8/16-10/11 | (4/30): 6/16-7/21 | (5/7): 7/11-8/22 | (5/22): 7/19-8/23 | (6/24): 7/23-8/20 | (7/13): 8/2-16 | (7/16): 8/3-17 | EDD10/VIN (7/23): 8/7-8/11

Congrats! 👍👏

Going by you sig you EDD [using the earliest date relative to the earliest date of the previous EDD] went:

later
earlier
later
earlier
later
later
later
earlier
later
later
later
to right at the early range of the original EDD

I need to develop patience

Woke up quick update on day 119. This morning to a new EDD got moved up to Aug 4-Aug 18 I am officially in a two week window now.
View attachment 832241
We have the same config. I have a 4/3 OD. Looks like MSM is getting the shaft again this quarter. I’ve seen every color but ours get a VIN, even base model White. I’m just hoping I get mine in August and not get screwed on the mobile charger deal.