Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's exciting to finally see things get rolling for august, lots of vins assigned and lots of delivery dates tightening.

I just locked in my financing yesterday and called my insurance to go ahead and let them know im getting a car and get a quote. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a bunch of accessories and my wall charger. I ended up getting the full taptes set of floor mats off amazon.

The only thing I need to do now is figure out my tinting. I think I'm going to get 35% all around except for the windshield to stay legal since it will be my commuter car. Can I get by inspecting my car with 70% tint on my windshield?
In NJ you don't have to inspect your Tesla at MV beings it's 100% electric. No more sticker anxiety and waiting in long lines!
I'm not sure about NC.

Reactions: GreyRider
My EDD is 8-1 - 8/15 and I don’t have a vin. I assume it will get pushed to late August in the upcoming days. I am becoming more and more nervous I won’t receive delivery in August as the days tick by with no vin. I know they will focus on the west coast toward the end of the quarter.
Hang in there. You're knocking on the door with a two week window. Even if you're pushed back a bit, you'll undoubtedly receive your vehicle this quarter. July is only month 1 of the quarter, so you have plenty of time. That VIN might come at any time.

Are you considered east or west coast? East Coast right? Wondering if That may have something to do with it. Interesting -I have an OD of May as well and we are pretty close to the same EDD. The logic that I have been using is that east coast will get Aug delivery ( I hope) and west coast will get Sept. hope I am right!
I am actually in Midwest, After checking the google sheets for the ODs and VIN assignments, the only reason for the pushbacks I have is color and interior differences. I talked to someone from Tesla, and he said "In June, we weren't able to produce as many reds as we thought, that is why yours got delayed". This was back in mid June. Now, with the coming up bill for EVs, I am debating to change my order for Model Y to qualify. Hope we hear something soon...

Reactions: HeatherW22
$3k to install the Tesla charger because I need to upgrade the electrical panel, hard pass lol.
Just a thought. You could have the electrician install a transfer switch at your electric clothes dryer plug if you have one. This would mean that you could either charge your ev or dry clothes depending on what position the switch was in. Since most people usually charge over night, it should be doable. The only caveat is that this will be a 30 amp run to your charger, which will mean your charging amps will be 24, still enough to give you about 24 miles / hour.

• Helpful
Reactions: IWRBR
Just a thought. You could have the electrician install a transfer switch at your electric clothes dryer plug if you have one. This would mean that you could either charge your ev or dry clothes depending on what position the switch was in. Since most people usually charge over night, it should be doable. The only caveat is that this will be a 30 amp run to your charger, which will mean your charging amps will be 24, still enough to give you about 24 miles / hour.
Check out the Dryer Buddy. No manual switching required to charge your EV using your dryer outlet and no electrician visit needed.

$3k to install the Tesla charger because I need to upgrade the electrical panel, hard pass lol.
Several options out there. Not sure what your exact problem is, but we ended up getting 5 different estimates before we finally chose what we thought was the best option. I would keep looking for other options. Charging at home is really the way to go. Cheaper and easier than any other option. We endedd up doing a sub panel, but other options were to just put a lower amp circuit breaker in and another one was this really cool device called a dcc -12. check it out! DCC-12 | EV Energy Management System | 240/208V, Max 200A, Max EVSE 60A