Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m now closing on a new home unexpectedly and will have a garage as opposed to parking lot at a condo community. Now the Tesla has to deliver after 8/17 or it’ll delay my closing. 😅 Probably off topic but wondering if y’all prefer the Tesla wall charger or doing a 14-50 outlet with the mobile charger. Leaning towards wall charger. Townhome is almost brand new with a 200amp breaker box in the garage.

Reactions: HeatherW22
So I’m now closing on a new home unexpectedly and will have a garage as opposed to parking lot at a condo community. Now the Tesla has to deliver after 8/17 or it’ll delay my closing. 😅 Probably off topic but wondering if y’all prefer the Tesla wall charger or doing a 14-50 outlet with the mobile charger. Leaning towards wall charger. Townhome is almost brand new with a 200amp breaker box in the garage.
I went with the wall charger in the garage AND a 14-50 weatherproof plug outside the garage for guests or when parked outside. I like just leaving the mobile connector in the car "just in case"

I went with the corded mobile charger (Nema 14-50 only). It charges a bit faster than the mobile charger that uses adapter (40 mph). And it was $200. And I was able to install the Nema outlet myself. We had recently sold a hot tub, so I already have a 50a double pole breaker ready to go.

I have a quick question for everyone who recently got a VIN. How long after you received your VIN that you were able to pick a delivery date? I received my VIN this Wednesday, and my DD is 07/31 - 08/06. So technically my DD starts tomorrow, but I haven’t received any communication to schedule a delivery appointment. I already uploaded the insurance, and when I switched from cash to finance, the person told me that I could bring a check on the day of delivery. Thank you all for the input!
When I got my VIN on 7/21 the app actually had an EDD of 7/21-7/25 (so same day). I contacted the SA on 7/22 because in the app under the “schedule” section it was saying “check back later.” They said there was a glitch and they fixed it right away and it gave me a 3 day window in the app to schedule from 7/25-7/27 with different time slots available on each day. Also, I was able to pay the down payment with a personal check. Glad I asked the SA because I had planned on getting a certified check, but the personal check option was much more convenient.

Congrats on your new house with garage for your Tesla!! That'll be fantastic to charge at home. I'd say you're more than likely to get it delivered after the closing date. Good luck!

Reactions: geauxwdw
Congrats on your new house with garage for your Tesla!! That'll be fantastic to charge at home. I'd say you're more than likely to get it delivered after the closing date. Good luck!
Thank you!!! Yeah it’s all working out. I was not wanting to leave the Tesla out in the Atlanta heat and thunder storms. Plus the ChargePoint charger at my condo is now out of service as they wait on a replacement part for it with no timeline for repair. Lol.

I have a quick question for everyone who recently got a VIN. How long after you received your VIN that you were able to pick a delivery date? I received my VIN this Wednesday, and my DD is 07/31 - 08/06. So technically my DD starts tomorrow, but I haven’t received any communication to schedule a delivery appointment. I already uploaded the insurance, and when I switched from cash to finance, the person told me that I could bring a check on the day of delivery. Thank you all for the input!
Got our vin on 7/20 with DD 8/6-8/10…still no text to schedule.

Reactions: AZhaoBot and guerro
Please get the house before the car lol dont want to run the your credit again before the purchase will slow the process to make sure you can afford the home purchase again.

I have my wall charger set up this coming weekend. My wife wants to get an ioniq 5 so I’m doing a j1772 charger it’s emporia has good reviews

Reactions: HeatherW22
Please get the house before the car lol dont want to run the your credit again before the purchase will slow the process to make sure you can afford the home purchase again.
I actually do mortgages for a living 😜
Wouldn’t jeopardize getting the home but if I had to get the car before the house, would just create a mess having to get credit supplements and other paper work.

To anyone living within a reasonable distance to your car pickup: I envy you. Just booked my 6 hour train ticket that departs at 5:30 AM for my car pickup next weekend. Shockingly, it was difficult to convince anyone to drive me all the way across the state to pick my car up, just to have to drive themselves back alone in their non-new Tesla Model 3.
Used to live up in Western NY, I know that trip all too well. Goodluck and enjoy the car :)

• Love
Reactions: blonded
Got VIN today!

OD: 3/12/2022
VIN: 3186XX
Pearl White/Black/Aero/AP only
Las Vegas
EDD: 7/28
Just circling back to share some positive vibes.

Hard to find any flaw - even the bumpers' paint are perfectly matched with the body.

Hang in there guys.

and, May the VIN be with you. Always!
20220731_053140.jpg
20220731_053213.jpg
20220731_064559.jpg
20220731_185215.jpg
20220731_185411.jpg
20220731_185718.jpg
20220731_185537.jpg

Attachments

• 20220731_185718.jpg
    20220731_185718.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 40
Thank you!!! Yeah it’s all working out. I was not wanting to leave the Tesla out in the Atlanta heat and thunder storms. Plus the ChargePoint charger at my condo is now out of service as they wait on a replacement part for it with no timeline for repair. Lol.
Working out for the best! BTW we have the same config...white/white. 🤩 White interior will def help with that Atlanta heat.

To anyone living within a reasonable distance to your car pickup: I envy you. Just booked my 6 hour train ticket that departs at 5:30 AM for my car pickup next weekend. Shockingly, it was difficult to convince anyone to drive me all the way across the state to pick my car up, just to have to drive themselves back alone in their non-new Tesla Model 3.
Yeah I am also from upstate, and I totally understand what you mean. I was trying to get a ticket to the city, but almost every train sold out loll. Now I am thinking about doing a one-way rental.