Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1st post.

M3LR Blue/White/18”
OD: 5/19
My EDD for most of June was 8/20-9/24 but changed on 7/30 to 8/29-9/26.

My Wall Connector was installed this morning and this afternoon I received a really long text from Eden Prairie Tesla describing the process for scheduling delivery and it included this statement:

“All deliveries must be completed by September 30th, no exceptions.”

Hopefully that means I’ll get before the end of Q3. I’ve been pretty laid-back about the dates but I’m starting to get Go Fever.

Glad to be here.
We have the exact same EDD, I also got the same message from Eden Prairie. Only down side is I have travel plans at the end of september, they said a friend or a family can pick it up. I was like "Nah". I am the one who has been waiting this long, and my so called "friend" or family member will go enjoy the delivery day? That ain't happening.

It's been 269 days since I placed my order and today my VIN was finally assigned!

OD: Nov. 9, 2021
EDD: Changed many times. Now shows 8/17-8/20
MYLR, MSM, 19" wheels, Black interior, Hitch, Standard autopilot

My VIN has the letter "A" in the 11th place, so it's coming from Austin! I expect it will have the 2170 cells, but I'm hoping it will also have the front underbody casting despite the lack of a structural battery pack. I'll know in about 2 weeks if all goes to plan...

Reactions: deuskid and guerro
EDD just changed to 9/15-10/20. 9/15 would be just over 2 months from my OD. Perhaps the proposed Federal rebate is causing people to switch to a SR or Model Y.
Would have the be the Y. From what I read the LFP batteries in RWD don’t qualify

It's been 269 days since I placed my order and today my VIN was finally assigned!

My VIN has the letter "A" in the 11th place, so it's coming from Austin! I expect it will have the 2170 cells, but I'm hoping it will also have the front underbody casting despite the lack of a structural battery pack. I'll know in about 2 weeks if all goes to plan...
Question, what other cells could it have?

Ok this confused me but after rereading I think you're in the wrong group :)

What are some good things to prepare for/order ahead of that time? Since it is getting closer, I'm thinking it's time to install the charger. Do you recommend NEMA 14-50 or the wall charger? Any good accessories you would recommend purchasing before delivery? Thanks! Looking forward to posting more on here!
I would also recommend the wall connector. Just seems to make more sense to me. The quotes we received to install the wall connector were only slightly higher than the price for the NEMA 14-50 and you get so much more from it! Obviously I haven’t used my wall connector yet, but I do have it installed!

I have read so many times how fast things move when they start to move but boy was I not prepared! Got the message/ phone call for a trade in estimate on Wednesday, by Thursday I had an offer, rejected it and then had a VIN and today I have a delivery date. I will pick up my car on Thursday. And they worked with me on my travel plans so that is great as well.

I will say that when you get your VIN, have everything ready and you just push through the steps and you get your delivery window. As soon as I switched from cash to finance and filled out the form (and added proof of insurance) I was given the option to select my delivery date. All super fast! Now I just wished as soon as I hit my 2 week window that I had done my transfer of funds from Vanguard to my savings account, but it all worked out. Just have everything ready to go!

delivery date Thursday Aug 11

Huntersville, NC
Model 3 LR Midnight Silver 18" Aero;
OD: 4/28/2022;
EDD 1; Before clicking purchase: Sept - Dec?
EDD 2; Just after order: Sept 1 - Oct 18
EDD 3: Aug 31 - Oct 11
EDD4: Aug 27 - Oct 1
EDD5: Aug 29 - Sep 27
EDD6: Aug26 - Sep7 (Rcvd 8/4)
I have read so many times how fast things move when they start to move but boy was I not prepared! Got the message/ phone call for a trade in estimate on Wednesday, by Thursday I had an offer, rejected it and then had a VIN and today I have a delivery date. I will pick up my car on Thursday. And they worked with me on my travel plans so that is great as well.

I will say that when you get your VIN, have everything ready and you just push through the steps and you get your delivery window. As soon as I switched from cash to finance and filled out the form (and added proof of insurance) I was given the option to select my delivery date. All super fast! Now I just wished as soon as I hit my 2 week window that I had done my transfer of funds from Vanguard to my savings account, but it all worked out. Just have everything ready to go!

✅✅✅ I am soooo ready to take delivery!!! 🥂 Congrats! I'm happy for ya! 🥳

Congrats! 🥳 I hope Tesla Gods will spare their time to look at Midwest deliveries as well.🥶

The story from Tesla is very suspicious. Usually when something like a broken light, windshield etc happens tesla just delays delivery and repairs it before giving it to the original customer. Also how did the light break? Was it hit by a rock or crash into a wall. 2700$ for a repair PLUS they are willing to take off 1800 also raises flags. What kinda light replacement requires 2700 that sounds like something more extensive maybe body work. No one could fault you for going for this car just make sure you check it over very carefully if you do before signing.
When someone backed into my camry and scratched my headlight, getting the headlight fixed was only about 2600. Something as advanced as a Tesla headlight seems like the right price.

Reactions: ZZ118 and Nfletcher
When someone backed into my camry and scratched my headlight, getting the headlight fixed was only about 2600. Something as advanced as a Tesla headlight seems like the right price.
My argument (could be wrong) is that is what we consumers pay. Tesla doesn't pay that for themselves they're not gonna charge themselves labor or parts. If it was just the headlight they would ship a new one and put it in done. The fact it cost tesla so much to do means as someone else said they're could be body damage as well.

Reactions: HeatherW22