Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, My 5 month old LR was totaled. I was T-boned and the car protected me really well. I'm thinking of ordering another one. To my surprise the Tesla site estimates RWD delivery in October - December whereas LR delivery is set to November 22 - February 23. As I remember, it used to be that RWD delivery was taking substantially longer than LR. Has that changed recently?

Reactions: arichard2401
Guys, My 5 month old LR was totaled. I was T-boned and the car protected me really well. I'm thinking of ordering another one. To my surprise the Tesla site estimates RWD delivery in October - December whereas LR delivery is set to November 22 - February 23. As I remember, it used to be that RWD delivery was taking substantially longer than LR. Has that changed recently?
RWD orders are still a shitshow, slightly less so than before though. Some people think that they will be more steady and consistent now that Shanghai isn't fully, or partially shutdown (since the LFP batteries come from there), but who knows.

First off glad you are ok that's most important. Second to answer your question as above that might be the quoted time but don't go by that. If you look at the forums rwd people enter EDD windows and then get bumped out by months. LR seems to be holding steady at 3-4 months. I think I heard the hertz rwd order is almost filled so that might be helping. Likely though at this point the LR line is probably getting longer then the rwd line since the later had such a long wait time. Soon especially with the new EV incentive that will likely switch again.

Sorry for the ramble glad you are ok and good luck in your new car search

I entered my edd today no movement..im expecting a pushback tomorrow..and thats gonna be my 12th edd..i might be the only early april order who hasnt gotten a vin yet in this forum..im convinced tesla hates arizona..
2 days after you, I still have no vin. I'm really expecting mine soon. Like end of next week at the very latest. If not I'm going to need to find something to keep me busy lol.

New EDD today 8/14-8/20. Wider window than 8/18-8/21 previously. App is still telling me to pay now to avoid delays in delivery. No delivery scheduled yet.
Interesting. When I got my VIN and did the insurance and switched everything over to financing from cash it immediately offered me the opportunity to set my delivery date. But then again I also had my EDD at 5 days

Reactions: Avidcyclist
Wow! I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you'e ok. Good insight from ZZ on your question.

Reactions: ZZ118
5/19 RWD (base) changed to LR (blue/base) on 6/23. Toronto.

New DD of Aug 20-24 and received request for final payment. Still no VIN.

“Submit your payment for delivery. Accepted forms of payment include certified funds such as a wire transfer, certified cheque, or bank draft in the name of Tesla Motors Canada ULC.
If you pay by wire transfer, submit your payment in advance and bring the receipt of payment to your delivery appointment. You can also bring a certified cheque or a bank draft on delivery day.”
There have been some in this thread who have reported paying by personal check.

Confirmed my black interior, MSM LR Delivery for Aug. 13th.
I mis-posted my Order date before, actually April 4th (not March). Oops!

Went with Driveway.com for selling my 2020 SR+ bc they upped their offer from a month ago to 47k$ , Tesla came in at 37, Vroom 40, Carvana 45. So I’m pretty stoked I’ll come out ahead afternowning the car for over 2.5 years!