Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Check the source code for the VIN
  • Go to your order page.
  • Ctrl + U
  • Ctrl + F "insurancef"
2. How long ago did you submit trade-in info?

3. Full value, minus trade-in value, and minus financing.

It's the weekend so no one at Tesla usually answers emails.
Tomorrow you'll get an email/text about financing if you haven't got that sorted yet.
Are you still on the "cash" option for payment?
Crazy thing is my SA texted me about trade in and I responded with a few questions which he helped me with today. I definitely think it'd be a good shout for DualMotorin to text his SA.

Reactions: HeatherW22
Picked up today! LR, Aero wheels and White interior. AMD and Matrix headlights. Updated software and charger
F6462339-ABCB-43D8-8E33-DCE9670598DA.jpeg
9BC31C9E-6AA4-4016-9E69-8DE5FF0C6E22.jpeg

i would suggest you changing the color of your car to what color you really want, regardless of if your EDD gets pushed out. You dont want to regret having a color you dont want for the entirety of your ownership. Whats a few weeks to get a color you want?
Cause I love them all lol. I only really want to change to grey if I get a matte grey wrap in the future, but I’m not really decided. So at this point I’m on the fence and any reason to switch (or not) might sway me

Wonder if any of us can qualify for the tax credit that just passed retroactively.
Don’t believe so. Any LR under 55k probably delivering this year is over. I think it changed around the end of April?

So I finally got my delivery date options. I have the ability to choose from 5 days with a myriad of times. The problem is I don't have a VIN and all the info I uploaded regarding my trade-in car is gone and Tesla asked for the full value of the car to be paid in full on delivery day. Like WTF...
My understanding is Canadian orders don't get a vin until it crosses the border

Reactions: likkuid
1. Check the source code for the VIN
  • Go to your order page.
  • Ctrl + U
  • Ctrl + F "insurancef"
2. How long ago did you submit trade-in info?

3. Full value, minus trade-in value, and minus financing.

It's the weekend so no one at Tesla usually answers emails.
Tomorrow you'll get an email/text about financing if you haven't got that sorted yet.
Are you still on the "cash" option for payment?
I will check the source code tonight when I get on my PC.

My trade-in info was submitted soon after I ordered the Tesla because I want to know the number that Tesla would be willing to give for my old car. Obviously the 30 day offer period is long gone. Maybe that's why all the info is deleted from my account.

As for financing I don't need any so it's a straight cash buy minus trade-in value and tax credit.

Since it's Sunday I may just wait till mid-Monday before attempting to contact Tesla. Unlike many of you I did not receive any introductory text after ordering. The two emails I did receive however says 'no reply'.

335 as well haha
The law didn't pass yet but no you don't qualify for

1) price of car is to high
2) must take delivery after 12/31/22 that is in 2023
From what ive read teslas might not get the tax incentives as per bill says that they need their ev supply chain to be here in usa or other countries that usa has free trade agreement with..as opposed to in china

Reactions: ZZ118
I got the trade in text today. I assume there will be no delays if I wait until I have my delivery date set to provide proof of insurance right? I want to wait to have a day to activate my insurance before I get that setup.
Proof or insurance is just proof of your current insurance- don’t need to show that you have it set up for the Tesla ( unless your state is different)

Yeah I’m wondering if my car isn’t a reject. 318 is sort of old.
I didn't want to say anything, but yeah, that VIN looks a bit dated. On the bright side, it might just be someone whose financing fell through or the deal just didn't complete. With interest rates rising, I can imagine a number of people being disappointed at the last minute when they try to lock in their rate only to find that the payment would be too high.
From what ive read teslas might not get the tax incentives as per bill says that they need their ev supply chain to be here in usa or other countries that usa has free trade agreement with..as opposed to in china
Given that pretty much all batteries are coming from China or the materials are refined there, I doubt many vehicles from any manufacturer will qualify for the next year or so. Tesla's in a great situation to build lots of cars because it has supply arrangements set up, but those arrangements will prevent it from qualifying for this credit unless they somehow earmark their Canadian and Australian sources as being specific to certain cars, allowing Tesla to sell at least some vehicles with the credit. Then there's the problem of vehicle price limits. Other companies that are still building their battery supply chains should be able to pivot towards the required suppliers. Those suppliers are in for a good time as demand for their products should increase significantly in the US.

Of course, nobody building battery electric vehicles is wanting for demand.

Ultimately, it looks like the bill was created to lower prices on plug-in hybrid vehicles, whose small batteries can be sourced from the smaller suppliers available outside China. That would be GM, Ford and possibly Toyota (in US plants).

The original version of the bill included a union labor requirement. Manchin shot it down.

I didn't want to say anything, but yeah, that VIN looks a bit dated. On the bright side, it might just be someone whose financing fell through or the deal just didn't complete. With interest rates rising, I can imagine a number of people being disappointed at the last minute when they try to lock in their rate only to find that the payment would be too high.

Given that pretty much all batteries are coming from China or the materials are refined there, I doubt many vehicles from any manufacturer will qualify for the next year or so. Tesla's in a great situation to build lots of cars because it has supply arrangements set up, but those arrangements will prevent it from qualifying for this credit unless they somehow earmark their Canadian and Australian sources as being specific to certain cars, allowing Tesla to sell at least some vehicles with the credit. Then there's the problem of vehicle price limits. Other companies that are still building their battery supply chains should be able to pivot towards the required suppliers. Those suppliers are in for a good time as demand for their products should increase significantly in the US.

Of course, nobody building battery electric vehicles is wanting for demand.

Ultimately, it looks like the bill was created to lower prices on plug-in hybrid vehicles, whose small batteries can be sourced from the smaller suppliers available outside China. That would be GM, Ford and possibly Toyota (in US plants).

The original version of the bill included a union labor requirement. Manchin shot it down.
And given how much backlogged they are ..tesla is no hurry to set up new supply chain since it already has overwhelming demand..