Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you ordered after the date for the charger but I've heard a lot of orders just get it anyway. I'm hoping I get it as well and if not I'm gonna ask about it since I was well within the window for the mobile charger.
I’m definitely after the cutoff window, but I’ll let you know on Thursday if it is in there!

So was thinking about this the other day. There are rumors that if you ordered before the deadline 4/27/22 or earlier and they stop putting the charger in the car at delivery you will get a voucher for the charger. Likely this means they will give you a 200$ store credit. Ok cool...except when you go to order from the store (when it's in stock) you will have to pay taxes on it. So it's not free it's going to cost you like 30-40$ even though it's supposed to be included. This is even made worse by people who ordered after that date getting chargers simply because their order is delivered earlier. Not calling anyone out in particular but it is really unfair if someone orders by 4/27 but takes delivery late August-September simply because Tesla delivers it then and doesn't get the charger only the voucher while someone who orders May-June gets lucky and gets the car in August and gets a charger that technically they did not qualify for. I know it's not really a big deal, but it is one of those things that just (could be) a very bad look

We have the exact same EDD, I also got the same message from Eden Prairie. Only down side is I have travel plans at the end of september, they said a friend or a family can pick it up. I was like "Nah". I am the one who has been waiting this long, and my so called "friend" or family member will go enjoy the delivery day? That ain't happening.
That would be unfortunate. One of my daughters is my ride to pick up the car and she will be out of town for a week in September. If my delivery is that week I guess I'll take my first Uber unless they can deliver it to Plymouth. I actually placed the order at Tesla in Rogers, so I was surprised that I got the message from EP, although I don't really care which location I pick it up from.

My delivery day saga is complete! Left my house at 4:40 AM and made it back around 11 PM! Car has all of the good stuff that you would expect. Some small, final, parting tips for anyone interested:

• If you are like me and traveling a long distance for pickup, don't bother bringing any of your accessories (except maybe mats). After nearly 12 hours of being awake, the last thing I wanted to do was set up the sentry micro sd or screen protector. My floors and screen survived the initial car ride just fine (they have a crappy plastic screen thing on it when you take delivery, so you don't have to worry about getting the screen dirty if you just leave it on until you install your actual one).
  • If you are in NY, you may have to include your middle name or middle initial on your insurance policy. I had to scramble to talk to a high enough rep 2 days before my delivery to get it updated on my pending policy, since Tesla didn't accept my initial submission that was just based on my first and last name.
  • Autosteer / Adaptive CC is awesome! Used it for the vast majority of my 6 hour drive back, only one "phantom breaking" experience, which happened just before going in an underpass that had a bunch of orange construction stuff on the shoulder.
  • Learn how to back into a parking space if you don't know how. I have never backed into a parking space in my life before today, and I looked like an absolute idiot when it took me three tries to get it right (I've also never had a backup camera). A friendly fellow Tesla owner charging came up to me as I was sticking the plug in saying that he was from around the area and he always sees at least one person per charge session totally fail to back in with a shiny brand new car.
Anyways, this is it for me, thanks for the good times everyone!

Schedule my delivery date for Aug 9 at 1:30 has to full up my car for the last time today bitter sweet moment. Now it’s going to be a long 2 days lol.
1659930044290.gif

Hello guys,

OD: 01/27/22
Spec: Black ext / White int / 19"
EDD: Aug 10 - 24
-- RWD changed to LR on July 29 --
EDD: Aug 13 - 24

Are there any others who have also done the RWD to LR change recently? Also, based on my order date I believe I should be receiving the mobile connector, correct? Are there any other things I should be looking out to ensure I receive?

Thank you!

Are there any others who have also done the RWD to LR change recently? Also, based on my order date I believe I should be receiving the mobile connector, correct? Are there any other things I should be looking out to ensure I receive?
Folks who report switching invariably get a vehicle pretty quickly after the switch. Tesla definitely structures deliveries by whether you have an upgraded or base configuration, and then by order date. People who switch always have really early order dates, so they instantly go to the front of the line and quickly get a car. Being in Toronto is apparently complicating things a bit because of logistics, but at least you're not in Saskatoon or Edmonton. At least your current EDD says that you'll get in under the wire for eastbound deliveries this quarter. Your car will be transported by rail to Chicago and then by truck to Toronto.

You should receive the mobile connector kit, but it may also be a credit at the store. Other than that, I can't think of anything that might be dropped. You'll get Continental tires, the AMD Ryzen processor, and the lithium-ion 12V battery. I don't know if Tesla is still switching back and forth between the two types of headlamps. Here's a post I made about them a while back.

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

Reactions: Sherlockd
VIN finally assigned
LR/MSM/18"/black in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Ordered in April 2022
Had been stuck at Aug 6 - September 30 window for a month
Then I started editing the order on Thursday (changed to performance/white, then back to LR/MSM)
Two days later VIN assigned, window Aug 10-16, can't edit anymore...

Now I may cancel and hold, not sure I need/want a second car anymore